1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with Gordon?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by seattlebuff, Dec 13, 2013.

1. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

All I've seen is "undisclosed injury". What's up with him? We definitely need him inside vs OK St.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

It was being reported as a concussion during tonight's game.

3. Slurpeee

Slurpeee It's only a gambling problem if you don't win. Club Member

Is it just me, or does Tad have a tendency to go Belichick when it comes to injury info disclosure.

On one hand it annoys me a very small bit. On the other hand, tis not my place to question Tad. I'm down without whatever/however he chooses to handle. If Tad says jump, I'm asking "how high" on the way up.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I think CU in general has taken a more cautious approach to medical privacy.

In the NFL the teams are required to disclose (although some try not to disclose any more than they have to) and players give consent as a part of their contract.

College players don't have that same contractual waiving of rights. I saw an explanation a couple years ago that CU interprets players to have the right to not have anything disclosed other than a simple acknowlegement that they are out for health reasons unless they specifically consent. How they decide which players they are going to ask for consent or even if they ask all of them I don't know.

As fans it is understandable that we want to know as much as we can but these players do have a right to privacy and I support CU in honoring those rights if this is the reason we aren't hearing more details.

5. Slurpeee

Slurpeee It's only a gambling problem if you don't win. Club Member

Good point. That makes good sense. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll stop my bitching.