What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your favorite Olympic sport in which CU competes?

Favorite CU Olympic Sport?

• Cross Country

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Lacrosse

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Golf

• Skiing

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Soccer

• Tennis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Track & Field

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Volleyball

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
And as a follow-up post to the poll, which Olympic sport would you be most fired up for if CU won a national title in it?

Re: What's your favority Olympic sport in which CU competes?

Track and field.

I chose volleyball. I never really cared for playing it but I like to watch it. I would probably be most fired up if we won in volleyball only because every year it seems like half of the top 10 are all Pac-12 teams and that means we would have had to survive one of the most difficult schedules and would truly deserve to be the champs.

I think it's almost been a century since cross country was part of the olympics. Also, is lacrosse an olympic sport?

I think it's almost been a century since cross country was part of the olympics. Also, is lacrosse an olympic sport?

I'm more into team sports, so I'd say lacrosse (also I'm from MD, so there's that). I don't pay too much attention to the "minor" sports to be honest. I would have added interest if there was a baseball team.

I loved cross-country when I was high school, I'd say those long-distance track events are the most similar. I never liked track as much, just running circles so to speak. The 2-mile was always the hardest, especially indoor, just keeping track of how many laps I had run wasn't the easiest thing.

I chose volleyball. I never really cared for playing it but I like to watch it. I would probably be most fired up if we won in volleyball only because every year it seems like half of the top 10 are all Pac-12 teams and that means we would have had to survive one of the most difficult schedules and would truly deserve to be the champs.
Me too. But then cmgoods and I knew that since we were having conversations here during the volleyball NCAAs.

Based on a PM I received this morning, I wanted to expand this thread topic a bit. We also have some great Club Sports at CU, some of which regularly send athletes to the Olympic trials.

What are your favorite Club Sports to follow? Which would you like to become an NCAA sport and/or a varsity sport at CU?

Swimming/Diving was brought up earlier.

I'd love to see the NCAA recognize cycling as a varsity sport. CU would dominate that like we do skiing.

Would cycling be a compliance nightmare? Is everyone using in college like the pros? If we had the resources I would like to see us add swimming/diving, hockey, baseball and bring back men's tennis.

It would be good to have a sport where the weather wouldn't hurt us in comparison to the other schools in the conference.

Would cycling be a compliance nightmare? Is everyone using in college like the pros? If we had the resources I would like to see us add swimming/diving, hockey, baseball and bring back men's tennis.

No more than skiing or T&F or tennis or gymnastics.

I think volleyball is the best spectator sport that gets virtually no love outside of the olympics. If someone like Larry Scott could take it on and up the popularity like he did for women's tennis it'd be great.

Basketball is an Olympic sport. That's the one that would get me most excited.

Otherwise, swimming.

For the record, "Olympic Sport" in the parlance of our times in relation to college athletics does not mean "played at the Olympics". It's the nice way of saying, "Non-Revenue Sport other than Women's Basketball".

Back