What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your impression of the Mike MacIntyre hire?

What is your impression?

• Good hire, look out Pac-12!

Votes: 74 32.0%
  • Cautiously optimistic, just remember last WAC coach we hired

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Underwhelmed, don't know what to think

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • I like polls

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
I'll just leave this here:

8261578063_72129c0578.jpg
5 people, six chins?

Just kidding, good looking family...Coach MacIntyre is far more photogenic than I will ever be.

Last edited:
Not a doubt in my mind MacIntyre will prove more successful than Dykes. Dykes is a terrible fit for Berkeley, and he's likely kicking himself with Texas Tech's vacancy appearing days after he left for Cal
I understand what you're sayin, but have you been to Lubbock? That place sucks.

I think you're misreading people who are "underwhelmed" with the hire (me included). I like MacIntyre. I know he'll be better than Embree. I hope he's better than Hawkins and bet he will be. But, I am ultimately underwhelmed after hearing names like Strong, Mullen and Golden bandied about. I also was a proponent of some of the available coordinators over MacIntyre, but I understand the AD and much of the fan base wanted a HC this time around.

No... you're point of view is perfectly rational. Its the (extreme) minority I have read on this board, comment sections of articles (bad source I know) and what I've heard on the radio that got me going. Some idots have attacked our Athletic Department for picking an "underwhelming" hire and I just want to know who the better they realistically think they could've gotten. I too would have taken Strong Mullen or Golden, but they weren't coming here.

I'm very excited by this hire. Experience as a head coach? Check. Experience rebuilding? Check. Add in experience in the SEC, ACC and NFL...I'm excited.
His passing offense was No. 2 in the nation in efficiency this season, No. 1 in completion percentage (and they didn't just run an Air Raid-type of system).
He's a defensive-minded guy, too, which adding into the offensive success has me cautiously optimistic.
Pete Roussel from coachingsearch.com worked with him, and had some real nice things to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDl9N2HApGk

I'm very excited by this hire. Experience as a head coach? Check. Experience rebuilding? Check. Add in experience in the SEC, ACC and NFL...I'm excited.
His passing offense was No. 2 in the nation in efficiency this season, No. 1 in completion percentage (and they didn't just run an Air Raid-type of system).
He's a defensive-minded guy, too, which adding into the offensive success has me cautiously optimistic.
Pete Roussel from coachingsearch.com worked with him, and had some real nice things to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDl9N2HApGk

Some good facts...rep on the way.

Optimistic that this will work out but I want to see what assistants he hires & keeps. Which begets the next question, what assistants will be getting their pink slips next?

I like most of what he said at presser.My only thing is he mentioned personnel groupings on offense,just reminds me of hawkins.I'm 100% behind him,but like any hire,time will tell.

Good hire. This guy is not Hawk. Has NFL experience, was a coordinator, took over a downtrodden program and won 10 games in 3 yrs. This is not HAWK2!!!

First off, I'm neither excited nor pissed about the hire. I don't know much about the guy. I'm taking the wait and see approach, I know Tini and others will have a meltdown over this and wonder why i'm not doing the river dance. Let's see, Bohn hires a HC from san jose st? I've read about his ( 1-10/5-7/10-2) turnaround which is impressive. I've heard good things about his S&C coach and saw their schedule and it wasn't too bad.

But after the last 7 years, the last thing i'm going to do is cme on here and say "Great hire"

Tini stated this was the best hire of all of the hires this off-season? Really? 3 weeks ago most never heard of the guy and hook, line and sinker here we go again.

We'll see if he can recruit, we'll see what staff he brings in,I hope he brings in some LEGIT BCS OCand DC.

I HOPE WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT 4 YEARS IN TO HAVE A WINNING SEASON.

We'll see. Welcome aboard coach.

His press conference got me really fired up. Sounds like he has a vision, both in terms of the program he wants to run and the systems he plans to utilize on the field. Which is all I really wanted in a HC.

That Pete Roussel link on the previous page was really insightful in regard to his recruiting style - going to every school in California. And then in the press conference saying he will recruit California and Colorado equally.

Very excited that he has plan and the experience to get there.

I liked what I heard in his press conference but that's gonna be the case with just about any coach who just got hired. I remain somewhat underwhelmed but hopefully I'll be proven wrong down the road.

Stanford fan here. Just registered to let you guys know you are getting a great coach. You cannot overstate the wasteland that was SJSU football before he got there and he got it turned around. And, he did it the old fashioned way -- he worked hard and came up with a novel recruiting strategy where he held mini-camps in all areas of the state. Oh yeah, he also made sure that either he or a member of his staff met with every HS coach in California. Anyway, you got a good one == a lot of us were worried that he would end up at kal.

I went ahead and fixed that for you. It just increases my own comfort with the thread, so it was a completely self-serving move.

I think it's a solid hire. Not a "jump out of your seat hire," but there really weren't that many viable coaches out there that were going to make you super excited (that actually fit in with the CU mindset and with western recruiting ties.)

He has built and brought a program up from scratch.....and a program that has consistently been in more dire straights than what CU has suffered. The best part about this hire, besides his defensive background and no-nonsense approach is if his contract promised facility improvements, like what BJ was to be promised. If your administration buys into this program you guys will be a perennial power once again.

Interested to see how his staff shakes up. Hope he keeps Cabral and brings in some solid Coordinators......surround yourself with passionate successful people and you can go far.

Stanford fan here. Just registered to let you guys know you are getting a great coach. You cannot overstate the wasteland that was SJSU football before he got there and he got it turned around. And, he did it the old fashioned way -- he worked hard and came up with a novel recruiting strategy where he held mini-camps in all areas of the state. Oh yeah, he also made sure that either he or a member of his staff met with every HS coach in California. Anyway, you got a good one == a lot of us were worried that he would end up at kal.

Think how much easier that will be to do with every HS coach in Colorado. And the fact that he has those Cali HS connections probably doesn't hurt much either :thumbsup:

I think it's a solid hire. Not a "jump out of your seat hire," but there really weren't that many viable coaches out there that were going to make you super excited (that actually fit in with the CU mindset and with western recruiting ties.)

He has built and brought a program up from scratch.....and a program that has consistently been in more dire straights than what CU has suffered. The best part about this hire, besides his defensive background and no-nonsense approach is if his contract promised facility improvements, like what BJ was to be promised. If your administration buys into this program you guys will be a perennial power once again.

Interested to see how his staff shakes up. Hope he keeps Cabral and brings in some solid Coordinators......surround yourself with passionate successful people and you can go far.

Preaching to the choir there, Hawkeye.

Yeah, baby! We just got bragging rights over Cal! Eat it, flukes!

"San Jose State's two losses came to Pac-12 champion Stanford, 20-17, and 20th-ranked Utah State, 49-27. It finished the season with strong wins over BYU and Louisiana Tech. California just hired now former Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes."

Congrats again. You guys just landed a great coach for your program. You'll never go 1-11 again. McIntyre is the real deal.

Not a doubt in my mind MacIntyre will prove more successful than Dykes. Dykes is a terrible fit for Berkeley, and he's likely kicking himself with Texas Tech's vacancy appearing days after he left for Cal

No. No and No. Stick to basketball. :saythat:

Back