What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your impression of the Mike MacIntyre hire?

What is your impression?

• Good hire, look out Pac-12!

Votes: 74 32.0%
  • Cautiously optimistic, just remember last WAC coach we hired

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Underwhelmed, don't know what to think

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • I like polls

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
One thing is for certain, there are no weak links in the coaching ranks in the Pac 12. Not one. Every school has a solid coach now.

First off, I'm neither excited nor pissed about the hire. I don't know much about the guy. I'm taking the wait and see approach, I know Tini and others will have a meltdown over this and wonder why i'm not doing the river dance. Let's see, Bohn hires a HC from san jose st? I've read about his ( 1-10/5-7/10-2) turnaround which is impressive. I've heard good things about his S&C coach and saw their schedule and it wasn't too bad.

But after the last 7 years, the last thing i'm going to do is cme on here and say "Great hire"

Tini stated this was the best hire of all of the hires this off-season? Really? 3 weeks ago most never heard of the guy and hook, line and sinker here we go again.

We'll see if he can recruit, we'll see what staff he brings in,I hope he brings in some LEGIT BCS OCand DC.

I HOPE WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT 4 YEARS IN TO HAVE A WINNING SEASON.

We'll see. Welcome aboard coach.

Homer.

I'm cautiously pessimistic now. After the presser.
Liar.

I went ahead and fixed that for you. It just increases my own comfort with the thread, so it was a completely self-serving move.
If she's old enough to be killed by a Baylor Basketball player, she's old enough to be called hot. **** Baylor!

One thing is for certain, there are no weak links in the coaching ranks in the Pac 12. Not one. Every school has a solid coach now.

I agree Sacky. I'm also not sure some of you Buffs realize what you just landed. You picked up a good one who knows the landscape in these parts, can coach and knows recruiting as well as the importance of academics. It's going to be a fun year in the PAC.

In short, the guy knows what he's doing and while he may not be a "flashy" hire", he's a real coach and his players have traditionally bought in to system and performed well. You'll see improvement immediately.

I agree Sacky. I'm also not sure some of you Buffs realize what you just landed. You picked up a good one who knows the landscape in these parts, can coach and knows recruiting as well as the importance of academics. It's going to be a fun year in the PAC.

In short, the guy knows what he's doing and while he may not be a "flashy" hire", he's a real coach and his players have traditionally bought in to system and performed well. You'll see improvement immediately.

Did you ever hear why Cal turned Mac down from the interviews?

Stanford fan here. Just registered to let you guys know you are getting a great coach. You cannot overstate the wasteland that was SJSU football before he got there and he got it turned around. And, he did it the old fashioned way -- he worked hard and came up with a novel recruiting strategy where he held mini-camps in all areas of the state. Oh yeah, he also made sure that either he or a member of his staff met with every HS coach in California. Anyway, you got a good one == a lot of us were worried that he would end up at kal.

You seem a lot smarter than the Cal guy that posts here. You're invited to stick around.

Another question--do you have a curious habit of posting pictures of trees?

Did you ever hear why Cal turned Mac down from the interviews?

A little but I'm not at liberty here to discuss. I will say instead that there is a genuine affinity for Coach Dykes and the feeling is mutual. Despite the BS out there, he's a true fit for Cal. Don't believe all that Lubbock nonsense and as I've been saying for 1 & 1/2 years, hippies don't run Cal. As another aside, you landed a great coach. Roll with it.

You seem a lot smarter than the Cal guy that posts here. You're invited to stick around.

Another question--do you have a curious habit of posting pictures of trees?

He'll be in the red before the end of the week. I also doubt he understands your avatar. Nice try though.

All I can say is, thats the best you can do. Too bad. Schedule NDSU so we get the win, a nice trip, and the check.

I don't really give a **** about getting a "flashy" hire. I'm perfectly happy getting a guy that teams will look at 5 years from now and look at as a "flashy" hire for their coaching search. I think we might have found that guy.

Of course, I hope he's also a guy that will tell those programs to **** off when they come sniffing around... :lol:

I know Orr doesn't understand what a UBL is, do you really think he understands his avatar? I'm pretty sure he thinks it's Hogan's Heroes.

It sure looks like Hogan's heroes. The name "Orr" is unusual though. It's like some type of literary figure or something. Northern VA confuses me somewhat too but not as much as the Caddyshack gopher. You're welcome btw...that was one of my first gifs here. I'm glad as I was sick of the Jesus meme that used to be YOUR avatar.

It sure looks like Hogan's heroes. The name "Orr" is unusual though. It's like some type of literary figure or something. Northern VA confuses me somewhat too but not as much as the Caddyshack gopher. You're welcome btw...that was one of my first gifs here. I'm glad as I was sick of the Jesus meme that used to be YOUR avatar.
"Orr" is a typo, he was trying to be clever. However, he made an OU style mistake, that cannot be reversed. It is unpossible to change your screen name once you've chosen it. It was you that provided it, I'd forgotten that. Thanks! Buddy Jesus was borrowed for a while, but I wasn't the original Jesus. I will be your Personal Jesus if you want.

"Orr" is a typo, he was trying to be clever. However, he made an OU style mistake, that cannot be reversed. It is unpossible to change your screen name once you've chosen it. It was you that provided it, I'd forgotten that. Thanks! Buddy Jesus was borrowed for a while, but I wasn't the original Jesus. I will be your Personal Jesus if you want.

Henceforth, I will refer to you as Yossarian. Do not f*ck with a Cal grad on the topic of literature varmint cong...

Each day you are in here, I squat in your bush and grow stronger.

1065721_o.gif

I feel caught in a catch-22

Back