What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your impression of the Mike MacIntyre hire?

What is your impression?

• Good hire, look out Pac-12!

Votes: 74 32.0%
  • Cautiously optimistic, just remember last WAC coach we hired

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Underwhelmed, don't know what to think

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • I like polls

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
A little but I'm not at liberty here to discuss. I will say instead that there is a genuine affinity for Dykes and the feeling is mutual. Despite the BS out there, he's a true fit for Cal. Don't believe all that Lubbock nonsense and as I've been saying for 1 & 1/2 years, hippies don't run Cal. As another aside, you landed a great coach. Roll with it.

I knew there was a reason their cheerleaders all have adam's apples...

I knew there was a reason their cheerleaders all have adam's apples...

chive3_wcbdr.gif

What do you know? You're from Utah. Don't F*ck with me Utah...

Last edited:
I was cautiously optimistic until I read this article that someone posted on the DC...I wouldn't be surprised if it was OP'd on here though. http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-pur...res-miracle-at-san-jose-state?source=autofeed

This guy is a great hire. I like that he doesn't seem to have any semblance of an ego. The recruiting camps were an effing stroke of genius and now we can REALLY start the Cal to Colorado pipeline with a coach that is well known with all the Cal HS. Loving this hire more and more by the minute.

Also it's about time that coaches started copying programs as a whole, instead of distilling their football philosophy(spread, ground and pound). I hope he brings the Strength coach too, cuz we need it with all the injuries we have. Now if we just get Stitt @ OC and this will be a dream hire...

I'm glad to see that upgrades to Folsom, the Dal Ward Center, etc. were included in his contract. Maybe the whole field turf debate will arise again? If so, how about this as the turf?:
Folsom Field Turf Field.jpg
:gobuffs:

He is nothing like Dan Hawkins. The guy actually built a program a 2 win a season San Jose State team to a top 25 team.

I am cautiously excited, the fact that he has already resurrected one dead program makes me feel good about bringing back another one near death.

I think you're misreading people who are "underwhelmed" with the hire (me included). I like MacIntyre. I know he'll be better than Embree. I hope he's better than Hawkins and bet he will be. But, I am ultimately underwhelmed after hearing names like Strong, Mullen and Golden bandied about. I also was a proponent of some of the available coordinators over MacIntyre, but I understand the AD and much of the fan base wanted a HC this time around.

CU made a strong run at Strong and Mullen. There are plenty of reports on this board about Mullen being offered $3.2 million to come to CU - and he still said no. What more do you want? SHould CU have offered $4 million to Mullen? Would that have made you happy? Chances are he still would have said no.

Golden has a huge contract at Miami and a huge buyout. It makes hiring him prohibitive. And again - it takes two to tango. For all any of us know, CU made a significant run at him. And he just said no.

After hiring Embree - a guy with ZERO head coaching experience - there was really no way that CU was going to hire a guy with no head coaching experience unless it was an absolute last resort.

Back