What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your opinion of Buffs' play-by-play M Johnson?

The only issue I have with Johnson, is that he makes everything sound like the worlds biggest hits.
"and Daniels is HAMMERED DOWN at the 15 yard line", then I watch the replays later and it was a simple tackle. I want to see some people get HAMMERED.

Jesus H. Christ in a chickenbasket. Some of you ****ers will complain about anything.

Now that we're faced with another season of games where we want to blot out the idiot TV announcers, we're faced with Mark, CJ and Larry, yet one more time!

LZ is a decent colorguy/historian, who brings some needed CU history as the basis for the few insights he provides: he would actually be better as a third man in the booth for occasional commentary, IMHO.

CJ is okay for his role, but he should drop the "I'm from Michigan schtick" and concentrate on CU.

Johnson is way too slick and "WWF" for my tastes: loud or always on the verge of shouting on every play, his voice is like Wayne Larrabee on 'roids. He mis-states down and distance way too often and I've listened to him for five minutes or more w/o learning the score or the context of the plays. Plus, he doesn't seem to know CU football; for some reason, he's much better with the B-ball broadcasts.

Would much prefer a more even-tempered, mellow-toned guy like Pat Summerall over the semi-frantic cross between "Vince WWF" and Frank "Duh" Gifford, which Johnson appears to be.

I can only wish for the second coming of Bob Zimmer, the best ever!
Not to change the subject but who is the stadium announcer at Folsom? I've long thought he sucks.

Not to change the subject but who is the stadium announcer at Folsom? I've long thought he sucks.

Alan Cass, he started the "J J FLANIGAN!" stuff and the Broncos' "In-com-plete"!

I think he's darned good and nobody beats his expertise on Glenn Miller!

Alan Cass, he started the "J J FLANIGAN!" stuff and the Broncos' "In-com-plete"!

I think he's darned good and nobody beats his expertise on Glenn Miller!

As in, "Glenn Miller has intercepted the pass and is streaking down the sideline with nobody between him and the...oh wait...he's slowing down...what's he doing? Okay, it looks like he's borrowing a trombone from a bandmember and...and now he's fumbled..."

WTF you talkin' 'bout bunky?

Back