What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your pain threshold?

This season was the first season in a long time that I didn't place CU football as a priority for what to watch in college football. And I haven't watched football every weekend. Now I'm an All-Colorado sports fan who will support ANY Colorado sports team.

I would try to set up a thread about the other Colorado teams such as CSU, AFA, UNC, etc but due to past attitudes about CSU specific threads, I'm not going to bother doing that.

I have a NCAA FB 11 PS3 disc with Tim Tebow on it and I think I will just switch CU (Big 12) and TCU (MWC) and have fun. :saythat:

Last edited:
This season was the first season in a long time that I didn't place CU football as a priority for what to watch in college football. And I haven't watched football every weekend. Now I'm an All-Colorado sports fan who will support ANY Colorado sports team.

I would try to set up a thread about the other Colorado teams such as CSU, AFA, UNC, etc but due to past attitudes about CSU specific threads, I'm not going to bother doing that.

I have a NCAA FB 11 PS3 disc with Tim Tebow on it and I think I will just switch CU (Big 12) and TCU (MWC) and have fun. :saythat:

What the hell's wrong with you, Nash?

Love my Buffs. Will be wearing CU hoodies, shorts, have a CU backpack at Disney World on our trip the next 9 days. I support CU all the time. hate losing, always have faith that it will get better someday. Would love me a CU win this weekend and announcements on the facilities next week.

This is a good time of year to go. The weather will be awesome and the lines likely short. The new coaster, Everest, is awesome. It's not at the magic kingdom but one of the other parks. Enjoy.

“We didn't break it,” MacIntyre said. “We're here to fix it, and we're fixing it. And we'll keep working to fix it and we'll keep going forward and we'll keep having the right attitude and the right positiveness. It does not get fixed overnight with a magic wand. It does not."

Just want to leave those words here. I understand where all of you are coming from who say you are at a breaking point. I get it. CU football is depressing right now. But if you truly feel like Mac & Rick George were good hires, I don't know how you can abandon ship right now. I think the higher ups have taken huge strides just in the past few months to show that they are all in. I get that just a few short years ago, they had a chance to make some moves that may have kept us out of the depths to which we have fallen, but changes have been made.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just too hopeful that we'll see improvements anytime soon. But like someone said, I can't change where I went to school, I can't change the passion I have for the program. My life is completely different than it was when I first got season tickets and I'm still fighting tooth & nail every week to get up to Boulder to tailgate or even to see a quarter of football at Folsom.

I agree, great post. I see a lot of positives (upside) with MacIntyre. The question is where is his upper limit but ill save that for another day.

For me, I haven't been a season ticket holder since I was a student. I moved away, moved around, and didnt move back until 2001. I didn't until the last few years have spare cash for tickets but by then they were awful and getting worse. I have two kids at home and coach soccer and have all that life stuff and they are not interested in football. I might go today. Maybe.

Sacky, I know you are a pragmatic guy. Yeah, it's tough to have any passion right now. But where was the passion for CU basketball 5 years ago? Maybe bball is easier to turn around quickly than football. But all it took was a vision and a commitment and, yeah, dumb luck.

The thing is, can your passion begin to grow seeing that CU now has a vision? Can your passion grow watching something beginning to take place? Can you enjoy watching a plan emerge and take form? Because right now that's what we have to go on. An emerging vision. For me, I want to be there 3 or 4 years down the road when the vision begins to bare fruit and know I stuck it out.

One more thing. It is REALLY tough for the 30 and under alums. They've never seen success. My kids, all grads in the last 4 years, get on me for wasting my time and money. Just FaceTimed with China boy. We got into a friendly argument about why I'm wasting my time going today. His take is that the admin doesn't give a **** about football. Try as I might, I could not convince him that things are changing. He did not want to have any of it. I asked him if his attitude would be different if we were relevant. He said of course it would.

One more thing. It is REALLY tough for the 30 and under alums. They've never seen success. My kids, all grads in the last 4 years, get on me for wasting my time and money. Just FaceTimed with China boy. We got into a friendly argument about why I'm wasting my time going today. His take is that the admin doesn't give a **** about football. Try as I might, I could not convince him that things are changing. He did not want to have any of it. I asked him if his attitude would be different if we were relevant. He said of course it would.

Observant kid. Words & deeds.

Back