What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your recruiting wish list?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
On my phone or I'd list our current commitments here.

Anyway, it's probably around 5 spots left.

What positions and/or players are at the top of your board?

Mine:

1. Speed at RB
2. Speed at WR
3. JUCO LT (I'm assuming Harris goes pro instead of applying for a 6th year & we'll have a major hole to fill)
4. Pass rushing DE

You're only anticipating signing ~17 guys?

Anyway, SPEED and a JUCO LT, we are ****ed next year there if we don't get a JUCO LT who can play right away.

I like Buffnik's list. I still think safety is one of our biggest immediate needs behind LT. A Juco S who could spend 2014 and 2015 in the DB rotation would be huge.

Talented football players - you can never have enough of them and I think we can use one of those just about anywhere

Last I read from Adam the current projection for the class is 21, allowing for about 9 more commits. I am with everyone that an overall upgrade in speed is needed at the skill positions-RB, WR, LB. We have some but need to get deeper there especially with likely losses (also assuming PRich is going to explode and go pro after this year).

1. JUCO LT
2. Safety
3. Durable RB
4. Speedy WR
5. Pass rusher
6. JUCO TE

I would say the odds of signing a juco LT is near zero. We could use a juco LT DE and TE as well.

Must sign speedy athletes for CB and WR spots every year.

Why only 5 guys nik?

Anyways, I have to agree with buffaholic here. A JUCO LT is pretty unlikely. We'll just have to make due with what we have. Is Mustoe a LT candidate?

Donovan Lee, Jomon Dotson, Glen Ihenacho, Larry Allen, and Isaiah Holland are all at the top of my list. Hopefully we can uncover some gems for speedy WR and pass rushing ends this fall. Also hoping we can find some more impressive athletes at Safety/CB that we don't currently know about.

Why only 5 guys nik?

Anyways, I have to agree with buffaholic here. A JUCO LT is pretty unlikely. We'll just have to make due with what we have. Is Mustoe a LT candidate?

Donovan Lee, Jomon Dotson, Glen Ihenacho, Larry Allen, and Isaiah Holland are all at the top of my list. Hopefully we can uncover some gems for speedy WR and pass rushing ends this fall. Also hoping we can find some more impressive athletes at Safety/CB that we don't currently know about.

It's hard to argue with these 5. I'd love to see a surprise Enwere and/or Risner flip too.

Last edited:
We are currently known to be recruiting 2 JUCO LTs. Both are December graduates:

Taylor Evans

Shaquille Davis

Davis is a great looking athlete at 6-foot-4 and 290 pounds, and a December departure date should have scouts salivating which is why ASU, Colorado, Oklahoma, Fresno State, Kansas and San Jose State have been showing interest during the spring.

Just to the south at Orange Coast College, Taylor Evans is expected to do big things up front for the Pirates in 2013. Evans is a bounce back player from Robert Morris and originally from Virginia, and at 6-foot-4 and 300 pounds can leave in December. Taylor looks nasty on film, as he plays every down like its his last and loves to get physical, which is why Fresno State, Utah State and San Diego State have given him some looks during the spring.
Since the original release, Evans has received attention from Cincinnati, Utah and Colorado.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1531025

Can't disagree with anything you say here, but, especially at the Rb and WR spot I'd like to see some size to go along with that speed. An Eric Dickerson, Marcus Dupree type back is the kind of kid that could punish a defense and leave them in the dust after he runs over them. I've always liked the big, fast backs and receivers.

I'd like to see us land a big, beefy Tight End that can catch and run too.

Good info, Nik.

As far as TE, we just need to find one who can play immediately, JUCO or high school. Keeney is pretty raw.

I love this thread if only that it gives me vindication amongst my non-AB buddies about my "pound the table" we need a JUCO infusion at O-Line. Especially a potential LT. Regarding O skill positions: I feel like this class of RBs to choose from (who we can reasonably have a shot at) are pretty thin. WR I am more Ignorant about but so far I like the money all that the coaches are playing. I am not an evaluator but compared to past classes, I feel like they are recruiting above the site rankings. So if they don't go skill on O, I'm OK with that. I think they recognize what we do, the respective lines are our biggest depths problems immediately...though D-line seems to be looking up with the move of Reed and the emergence of guys like McCartney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

While I wouldn't mind seeing a JC kid or two come in and give us a quick talent upgrade at a key position I not getting my hopes up. I definately wouldn't count on an "infusion."

To start with even in our best days CU has been a tough place to get any significant numbers of JUCO kids into. To start with CU has fairly difficult admission standards, even for athletes. A lot of kids who go to JUCOs go because they didn't take care of academics in HS, many continue to do "enough to get by" in the JUCO which doesn't get you into CU. A big part of this is that CU doesn't take a lot of the credits JUCO kids have transcripted. CU doesn't take the large numbers of PE credits, Recreation credits, and other credits that don't apply to a CU major. In the past few years we have seen some of the few JC kids we have gotten have to take extra credits at the JC to qualify to enter CU.

Lots of other schools do take those PE and other "easy" credits without the kids having to do extra work just to get in. I almost wonder if there is any kind of credit schools like Kansas State won't take.

The other consideration is that while we have playing time available the better JC kids are going to have options. As bad as we have been a kid coming in with only a couple of years of eligibility has to seriously question if he is going to be around long enough to see anything close to a winning season..

I just want to see a solid upgrade to the talent level. Speed at all positions.

Even for the kids who do have the academic record to

Can't disagree with anything you say here, but, especially at the Rb and WR spot I'd like to see some size to go along with that speed. An Eric Dickerson, Marcus Dupree type back is the kind of kid that could punish a defense and leave them in the dust after he runs over them. I've always liked the big, fast backs and receivers.

I'd like to see us land a big, beefy Tight End that can catch and run too.

The big AND fast RBs are the 4* and 5*'s for the most part, not to mention talents like Dupree (ignoring how rare they are) aren't going to be coming to CU with where we are now.

The big AND fast RBs are the 4* and 5*'s for the most part, not to mention talents like Dupree (ignoring how rare they are) aren't going to be coming to CU with where we are now.

Certainly true at this point for CU, but since this is a "wish list".....I like the big guys.
Practically speaking we could use more size to go along with speed at those positions - No disrespect to Christian Powell

ShaneHoover, on your point about offensive skill positions, you need to recruit them every year in the spread.

Since games are usually won and lost at the line of scrimmage, both offensive and defensive line help. I'm all for adding good players at the skilled positions, as well. But if we don't give our QB time to pass, are not able to establish a running game or get pressure on opposing teams QB's, really doesn't matter that much how good are skilled positions are.

I am always a fan of having as much depth as possible at the QB position tho, especially with multiple QB's leaving the program. If all goes well, Connor Wood has a decent chance of being an ok starter the next couple seasons. But behind him, there's Sefo and not much established.

Back