What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your Top 10?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Here's mine:

1. LSU
2. Okie Lite
3. Alabama
4. Oregon
5. Oklahoma
6. Arkansas
7. Stanford
8. Virginia Tech
9. Clemson
10. Houston

Looks pretty good to me, although I would move Clemson up to #7 and slide Stanford and Va Tech down. Remember that Clemson beat Va Tech convincingly in Blacksburg.

I still can't put Okie State at 2. Even if they did have some defense this week. Otherwise, I agree.

Looks pretty good to me, although I would move Clemson up to #7 and slide Stanford and Va Tech down. Remember that Clemson beat Va Tech convincingly in Blacksburg.

You're right. But I'd still keep Stanford above and flip-flop VT and Clemson.

I have to to with Arkansas 3rd because out of OU, Oregon, and Arky, the Razorbacks are in the best conference and their loss at Bama is much excusable than OU's loss to TT. Oregon is certainly pretty good but they wouldn't have this success against physical teams who are tough in the trenches. And I have to give Clemson the nod over VT since Clemson beat them soundly in Blacksburg.

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Arkansas
5. OU
6. Oregon
7. Clemson
8. Houston
9. Virginia Tech
10. Stanford

Last edited:
Also, are we holding Oklahoma's loss to Texas Tech against them to the extent we should? That's a 5-5 team that is likely to finish 5-7 after the Missouri and Baylor games.

I look at the other 1-loss teams and I see Bama and Oregon only lost to LSU. Arkansas lost at Alabama. Stanford lost to Oregon. Virginia Tech lost to Clemson. Then we've got Clemson losing on the road to Georgia Tech (just outside the top 25) and Oklahoma losing a home game against Texas Tech.

If it weren't for the fact that Oklahoma was ranked in the top 3 by everyone to start the season, wouldn't we have them in the 9-11 range right now?

I'd flip Oregon and Bama on your list. Bama played them a lot closer, but they were also at home where Oregon v LSU was at a neutral site, but definitely tipping in LSU's favor.

I'd also flip Oklahoma and Arky. Arky losing to Bama, not something to be ashamed of, Oklahoma losing to TT? Shameful. Some of Oklahoma's big wins this season have been pretty weak, too. The wins over FSU and Texas have proven to be pretty empty. KSU is pretty overrated imo, although their game vs Okie State was impressive.

The bottom of the top 10 just doesn't impress me much. Clemson has had a nice season, but I don't think they'd beat the top 5-6 teams. VT lives to feast on ****** ACC teams. Stanford disappointed me a lot last night, their WRs are really bad. Houston...

I'd flip Oregon and Bama on your list. Bama played them a lot closer, but they were also at home where Oregon v LSU was at a neutral site, but definitely tipping in LSU's favor.

I'd also flip Oklahoma and Arky. Arky losing to Bama, not something to be ashamed of, Oklahoma losing to TT? Shameful. Some of Oklahoma's big wins this season have been pretty weak, too. The wins over FSU and Texas have proven to be pretty empty. KSU is pretty overrated imo, although their game vs Okie State was impressive.

The bottom of the top 10 just doesn't impress me much. Clemson has had a nice season, but I don't think they'd beat the top 5-6 teams. VT lives to feast on ****** ACC teams. Stanford disappointed me a lot last night, their WRs are really bad. Houston...

Agreed, there's a pretty big dropoff after the top 6.

I think 2 loss teams such as Michigan State and South Carolina should be ahead of VT around 10th. Hokies are not very good, I can't get their 14-10 win over Duke out of my mind

Back