What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When can we start a Baseball team now?

I looked at a list of Pac-10 sports and I believe it would be best to go with men's soccer or wrestling in addition to women's gymnastics due to the fact that we have facilities already in place for those sports. Hockey doesn't make sense because in addition to the Avs, we have the Rage and Eagles as minor leagues. The Rage are just minutes away on 36 in Broomfield. We also have two powerhouse hockey programs in this state in DU and CC. We have more than enough hockey to go around and only should attempt this if we are flush with money and can afford to build new facilities for that sport.

I like the baseball idea but I don't think it makes much sense especially that Wyoming and CSU dropped their programs years ago. It really makes sense to have more local teams close to us instead of just AFA and Northern Colorado.

With Men's Soccer, we have the MPSF which includes DU and AFA. New Mexico, UNLV, Sacremento State, and San Jose State are the other teams in this conference. The Pac-10 does sponsor men's soccer but the MPSF would make sense for us.

I like the baseball idea but I don't think it makes much sense especially that Wyoming and CSU dropped their programs years ago. It really makes sense to have more local teams close to us instead of just AFA and Northern Colorado.

What is wrong with AFA, UNC, UNL or OOC games, then play PAC-10 conference play for a baseball season, seems like a not so shabby schedule for me. Maybe throw in a New Mexico /State, Texas Tech, BYU, Kansas /State, or North Dakota /State in there too for good measure. Being in the Plains means we have to get in a car and drive, and there are plenty of schools that are relatively close for us to play.

With Men's Soccer, we have the MPSF which includes DU and AFA. New Mexico, UNLV, Sacremento State, and San Jose State are the other teams in this conference. The Pac-10 does sponsor men's soccer but the MPSF would make sense for us.

Why would MPSF make any sense at all? Why would we want to play in a conference that we are not affiliated with now, when we are in a powerhouse conference that does support the sport we want to bring back?

sorry to unearth this, but did not want to create a new topic.

[tweet]293881662452928513[/tweet]

so together with USC, Cal and Stanford, that's 5 so far. The Pac-12 needs six sand volleyball teams to organize as a league

will sand(beach) volleyball work in Boulder?

relatively inexpensive sport to maintain (200K a year from one article) and quite a growing popular sport

Last edited:
sorry to unearth this, but did not want to create a new topic.

[tweet]293881662452928513[/tweet]

so together with USC, Cal and Stanford, that's 5 so far. The Pac-12 needs six sand volleyball teams to organize as a league

will sand(beach) volleyball work in Boulder?

relatively inexpensive sport to maintain (200K a year from one article) and quite a growing popular sport

That 200k number sounds ridiculously high. For beach, its the same players as regular 6 person volleyball, just crossing over just like Cross country/track. It would be an awesome addition. A great spectator sport.

Back