What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When Do You Say When ?

If I saw our players working their asses off, going all out and coming up short due to their lack of talent, I would feel a million times better.

But what we saw was a team infected with the same loser culture we've become accustomed to. It was almost like they all had a "here we go again" attitude.

Mac has got to get these players to buy in and get intense as hell against CSU. Or lose his job.

I'm sick of watching our teams weak mentality. We were bigger and faster than Hawaii but mentally much weaker.

Find a way to motivate these players. That's the number 1 job! A lack of talent is an excuse, but a lack of trying is an indictment.
Not necessarily disagreeing with this for the Hawaii game, but overall I've been impressed at the fight in the Buffs since HCMM took over (maybe it's just the dramatic contrast with Embree's teams). You can't be in the 'here we go again' mode and fight into double-overtime games, which happened twice last year. Mistakes, yes - obviously - but I don't think the team has quit during a game, at least not often, since Mac2 came on.

If I saw our players working their asses off, going all out and coming up short due to their lack of talent, I would feel a million times better.

But what we saw was a team infected with the same loser culture we've become accustomed to. It was almost like they all had a "here we go again" attitude.

Mac has got to get these players to buy in and get intense as hell against CSU. Or lose his job.

I'm sick of watching our teams weak mentality. We were bigger and faster than Hawaii but mentally much weaker.

Find a way to motivate these players. That's the number 1 job! A lack of talent is an excuse, but a lack of trying is an indictment.
I watched HCMM speak to the media after practice yesterday and your post somes it up nicely. I some it up with a couple of words......... F**k you

I am torn on this, Mike has done a decent job of upgrading the talent level, are they talent laden ? HELL no, but it is far better then it has been. I was impressed with the scheme of the D, the attack mentality is refreshing, if we could actually get a lead it might be surprising what they could do. The offense was however flat offensive. I have never liked the way Lindgren calls the game, it seems somewhat uneven, forces the pass when the run game is working, or puts them in far to many 2nd or 3rd and long situations by going high risk on 1st down. All that said I do think the travel and Bull**** start time did affect the entire team and whoever agreed to it should have their nads removed. I have not made the hike off the reservation yet, but I am starting to pack just in case, CSU is it.

Reminded me of that trip to Cal after CU had done the Stampede through California to rally alumni/booster support.

I was thinking the same thing. That's where I realized how utterly ****ed we were and that we'd never get better with this leadership. Rg and the new facilities renewed my hope but I don't see us doing what we need to do this season on the field and I wonder if we can attract a top coach to fix it.

I was thinking the same thing. That's where I realized how utterly ****ed we were and that we'd never get better with this leadership. Rg and the new facilities renewed my hope but I don't see us doing what we need to do this season on the field and I wonder if we can attract a top coach to fix it.
That 59 - 0 fiasco, or whatever it was? C'mon man, that's a reach.

I am torn on this, Mike has done a decent job of upgrading the talent level, are they talent laden ? HELL no, but it is far better then it has been.

At what position?

CU has maybe half a dozen legit Pac-12 starters on the team. There has been no upgrade in talent whatsoever at all. Have you watched any of the recruiting the past three years?

Offense: Spruce and maybe Irwin.
Defense: Tupou (oops), Gillam, Thompson, and maybe Awuzie.

It's fascinating to me that anyone here is harboring the thought that the Buffs have a remote chance in hell against CSU this year. I see wins against UMass and Nichols State though, then a couple of upsets in the conference.

It's fascinating to me that anyone here is harboring the thought that the Buffs have a remote chance in hell against CSU this year. I see wins against UMass and Nichols State though, then a couple of upsets in the conference.
The csu game has become our Super Bowl. I'm sure we'll get up for it. Seriously, though. There isn't a conference game that is easier than beating the goats.

Agree, fat. In theory there shouldn't be a conference game that is easier than beating the goats. But beating them this year is not to be. We'll probably see both Rammie QBs….

Agree, fat. In theory there shouldn't be a conference game that is easier than beating the goats. But beating them this year is not to be. We'll probably see both Rammie QBs….
Why don't we wait for CSU to play a non-HS team before coming to conclusions about them?

For me. If we lose ro csu, don't care if we do beat umass, I'm done..till they show me different. If we lose umass or nichols he should be fired on the spot. If we go with less then 4 wins or no conference wins again - fire him. Sorry... but for 5 mill, there is a coach out there that would win these games. BTW - lets please nake sure the next coach does not have a son that plays football....tired of that shjt too. Wasted schollies not helping.

You are getting just a wee bit hyperbolic up in here.

I'm not sure if we should talk him off the ledge or shove him off.

BTW - lets please nake sure the next coach does not have a son that plays football....tired of that shjt too. Wasted schollies not helping.

At least Cody was a legit D1 prospect. Hawkins screwed up because he acted like a daddy instead of a coach. MacIntyre acted like a daddy too by using a scholarship on his kid who would have never have received a P5 scholarship from any other team under any other condition. Fans will be fans and many justified the scholalship because it was easier than being honest with themselves. At least now they can see that CU just added another guy that will keep the talent ceiling too low to win games at the Pac-12 level. This is probably picking on the kid too much since he is only one of 70+ at his level on the team.

Mike has done a decent job of upgrading the talent level

This seems to be the perception on here, but has he really? I agree that the talent level is better this year then it has been in years past. However, despite the fact that over half the roster is now comprised of Macintyre's players, there are more Embree recruits who are starters/contributors then there are Macintyre recruits. I realize that most of Embree's recruits are older and thus to some degree this would be expected, but still...

This seems to be the perception on here, but has he really? I agree that the talent level is better this year then it has been in years past. However, despite the fact that over half the roster is now comprised of Macintyre's players, there are more Embree recruits who are starters/contributors then there are Macintyre recruits. I realize that most of Embree's recruits are older and thus to some degree this would be expected, but still...

I think you have to give him credit for the JUCO transfers who are playing a lot on defense. The entire RB and WR corps except for Powell and Spruce. Also have to give him credit for keeping the Embree recruits here, that hasn't happened in the past.

Back