What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When will we get to see Ben Mills?

nepbug

So, admittedly I haven't caught any of Ben Mills playing time since the NIT tournament a year and a half ago. I remember being amazed at how raw and lost he seemed out there, but it didn't bother me in the least as it was junk time, we had the game in hand.

Now, he hasn't seen the court this year yet so I have no idea if he has progressed much. Anybody seen anything out of him? How's he looking in warmups? How was he at Midnight Madness?

What game do you think we will get to first see him in? AFA? TexSo?

I think he's quickly becoming the Preston Slaughter of this team. We put him in basically signalling that we've got the game in the bag.

BTW, I loved "Slaughter Time" back in the day (IIRC, Slaughter had hair to rival Chen's).

Reactions: RK
Assuming we're up big on the likes of Texas Southern, Northern Arizona and Hartford, we'll see him get some minutes towards the end. Other than that, baring a game with horrific foul trouble with Dre, Jelly and SHT all in danger of fouling out, we won't see him.

I saw him walking out of the UMC last year. He was hard to miss, actually. Did you know that he's like 7 feet tall?

I saw him walking out of the UMC last year. He was hard to miss, actually. Did you know that he's like 7 feet tall?

Saw him at one of the gas stations near Will-Ville a couple years ago. Dude drives a TINY ASS car. Like, a Ford Fiesta or some ****. It was unbelievable seeing him get in and out of that thing

Mop up duty Mills.

Its better to give him minutes to keep the starters fresh. I'd shutter having to use him because our stars have been run into the ground.

Saw him at one of the gas stations near Will-Ville a couple years ago. Dude drives a TINY ASS car. Like, a Ford Fiesta or some ****. It was unbelievable seeing him get in and out of that thing
It also sucks sitting behind him in class when you're 5'9"...:huh:

And yet, there he is. On the court, in your sig pic. He's in the back. Clearly ON the court. Dude is hard to miss. You gotta admit.

I have a mental block against seeing him. When I look at the picture, there's just this haze in the back left where a Ben Mills type figure could be.

Ben Mills should play in every game. We just need to start blowing teams out. He is our victory cigar.

On that note, before this thread goes any further we need to agree on something:

From now on, Ben Mills is to be referred to as "Macanudo".

Ben Mills should play in every game. We just need to start blowing teams out. He is our victory cigar.

On that note, before this thread goes any further we need to agree on something:

From now on, Ben Mills is to be referred to as "Macanudo".

At least give him a quality cigar name. I'm partial to "Cohiba".

At least give him a quality cigar name. I'm partial to "Cohiba".

Macanudos are wildly popular despite being very average. I think we should save Cohiba in case we ever land a great recruit from Cuba.

So you guys are saying he hasn't progressed much this year...

Looks like we'll have to wait for ~36 minutes more of Buffs basketball before we see him on the court.:nod:

I hope he can help simulate some opposing matchups in practice. Playing against a 7-footer everyday has to be helpful to the rest of the team even if he isn't dominant.

Viva el Macanudo!

I guess we could go the other direction: Swisher Sweet Ben Mills! Even a little basketball "Swish" tie in.

Actually, I hope we see him on the court a lot this year. I hope for numerous blowout victories.

Besides, he's got kind of a cult following among the students.

Ben Mills, the human victory cigar. I like it.

ny4apegy.jpg

Back