1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Your Kickers are 4-14

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SanDiegoBuff, Nov 8, 2008.

1. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

And the WORST in D1, when do you just say **** it and go for it on 4th down every time?

Statistically, on 4th and less than 4 it's been shown that teams have a 50% conversion rate. When you're only converting 30% of your field goals, it seems like a pretty easy decision.

2. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

You would think so wouldn't you? Hawk clearly marches to the beat of his own drummer.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That 2nd attempt was horrendous.

Then there was the 2 roughing the punter penalties in succession. :rolleyes:

4. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Oh... the roughing the kicker for running into his plant leg that the replay showed didn't happen?

And the running into the kicker, where the kicker came down on our guy after he was held and blocked to the ground?

EESH Two HORRIBLE calls.

5. Buffy-too

Buffy-too Well-Known Member

Which Tx team had just gotten their kicker from the winner of a half-time kicking contest? Perhaps we should copy them? We just didn't adequately appreciate Mason when we had him. He made it seem almost automatic.

6. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Tech. I hope we 'burn' a scholly on a kicker.

7. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

I don't think that's true at all. You'll never again see a situation where the crowd cheers louder when the offense fails to convert on a third down than when they make it. You'll also probably never again see a situation where the kicker's number is printed on all of the replica jerseys coming into the season. We appreciated Mason plenty.

8. The Guest

The Guest Guest

It's troo. Ralphie once gave him a handjob after a game. Or so he claimed in the chatroom.

9. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

It's called a hoofjob.

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant me, not the mascot of the same name. Eww.

10. The Guest

The Guest Guest

You have hooves? Who are you, Satan?

11. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Can Goodman lose his scholly?

12. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Member

Jameson is a kickoff kicker and that's it. Why does Goodman where such ferry looking shoes? I mean, if you're a bad kicker, do you even deserve shoes? We're paying for him to go to school.... WHY?

13. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I can't see any reason not to go for the first down instead of trying a field goal for the rest of the season. Those attempts today were completely pathetic.

Once it occurred to me that it made no sense to be trying to kick an extra point from the 2 when we had just passed up the field goal on fourth down from the 4 because of the ****tiness of our kicking game, I could see Goodman's blocked PAT coming from a mile away... :huh:

BTW, I noticed Washington is #2 on the list of ****ty kicking games. Makes me feel very sorry for DD and Buffy. I guess the good news is that if it makes them feel like kicking the dogs in frustration, they're probably going to miss..

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  14. The Guest

The Guest Guest

The kid's a sophomore and he's got a ton of leg. He's not missing these things by a lot. I think he's got some good years at CU. It sucks not having a kicking game, and really limits our already limited offense. But I think his scholarship will pay off eventually.

15. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Agree. I'd like to see him get a chipshot to get his head straight. Yes, I know an extra point is a chip shot. But they don't count because they are gimmes.:bronzecup:

16. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

The dogs will never be kicked (and missed). The walls on the other hand...

Fortunately we were at the game to watch the misses. The old guy in front of me apparently doesn't agree with the foot in the back.

17. BUFFS14

BUFFS14 Well-Known Member

He needs a coach. Someone that knows wtf they are talking about. A Special teams coach doesn't get it. Does CU have a coach that knows anything about kicking????:confused:

18. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Actually, that probably says that UWs kicking game is one of its strengths right now:lol:

You could easily go to many junior high schools and high schools and find a better kicker than CU has right now. It's amazing, if I was a kicker in HS right now CU would be #1 on my list.