1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are the RBs?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Duff Man, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We have struggled here on the field in 2012 and lone RB commit had his senior season cut short by an ACL injury. Add in the second ACL injury for Terrence Crowder earlier this month and I am wondering why there is little movement at this position.

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I was just thinking about this, and was expecting to see some RB offers go out

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Cause biennemy is in over his head

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

intended pun?

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

And he can talk all he wants about who he has coached in the past. What has this team shown on the field that would convince a top RB that going to CU is going to be a good move for them on the field. Our offense has no identity and doesn't consistently use the running game, our OL has been much less than impressive.

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I'm surprised that Davien Payne is redshirting. What gives? He certainly has the size to play now... maybe he just isn't that good (purely speculating)?

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Heard Payne showed up a bit out of shape, but not entirely sure what the story is there. If he has not been impressive (not buying it), the lack of RB targets would be even more baffling.

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Kind of wondering if the coaches really know what to do in this situation.

On the roster we have: Powell, Ford, and Payne who might be keepers. Jones isn't very good, Creer is meh, Crowder isn't going in the right direction, and Goodson is just a wasted scholly imo. Lindsay is pretty similar to Jones imo + an ACL injury.

9. The Ogre

The Ogre Club Member Club Member

Holy crap. Between the on-field performance and you guys' carping, I thank God there are no high cliffs nearby. I still hold out hope for the Panyne!/Pow! Wonder Twins future... maybe I'm just delusional.

10. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

we arent complaining about the players...its more about coaching and recruiting

11. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Calling a player a wasted scholly= very low blow.

12. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Gmafb

13. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Creer was making a very good run against ASU when he took one of the uglier hits I've ever seen. He's not all the way back yet. His knee was destroyed. It's not fair to give up on him yet.

14. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I truly thought CU / eb would be killing it on the recruiting RB trail. BIG disappointment!! The kids we have coming in are very average and a couple of them showing up on crutches?? Can not help that... I just expected to see more big bodied backs and fighting for a spot on our roster to be groomed for the nfl by scooter. Just like our season, big mystery

15. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

I think what's happened is that a lot of other schools have used negativity to dissuade players from picking CU. It's a lot easier for EB to connect with kids as the RB coach when there's an experienced offensive coordinator. It's a different story when he's the O-coordinator with no prior experience as a coordinator at any level. All the other schools have to tell kids is "EB is a great guy, but has no coordinator experience. Are you sure you want to take that risk?"