What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where are they going to be ranked?

Not yet. Beat Penn St and SMU then we get in. Not enough respect for our schedule and the East coast bias.

Yep.

Penn State is at RPI #98.
SMU is at #19. (Or Kent State at #58 if it pulls the upset.)

Win those on a neutral court and the Buffs would be 12-1 and a worthy member of the Top 25.

Not enough losses from teams at the bottom of the rankings, for CU to move into the top 25. UCLA will drop for sure, but Utah might take their spot. Northern Iowa will get some love this week even with 3 losses, because of a neutral court win vs ISU and home win vs North Carolina.

CU will probably get a few more votes and end up around 27th-28th in the Rankings. Really need to win vs SMU to get into the rankings.

The only teams that have a possibility of falling from the top 25 are UCLA and maybe Baylor (although they lost to another top 25 team - aTm). The other four teams that lost were in the top 10 (Kentucky, Purdue, Duke, Iowa State) and I don't see any of them falling all the way out. Buffs will remain where they are but next week is big.

Gotta laugh at not wanting to be ranked. Wtf people?

It's like the madden curse. You get there because of extraordinary play so it's natural to come back to earth. When you get ranked and aren't a legit top 15 team you are vying with other teams in the same position. Teams regress towards their mean. No teams stay ranked 23 all season. Either they move up and up or fall out.

I'll take CU in the top 25 any freaking day.

It's like the madden curse. You get there because of extraordinary play so it's natural to come back to earth.
Great points all, except I would say excellent rather than extraordinary. You get to number #1 ranking late in the season with extraordinary play.

With the clustercuss of teams ranked 26 to 30, this is looking like one of those years where the Pac-12 will not have more than 2-3 ranked teams at a time, or even at the end of the season. I see Cal, Utah and UCLA really improving as the season goes on, but everyone is going to be beating each other so in order to garner a top 20 rating you'll have to string together some solid winning streaks (5-6 games at a time).

Luckily for the Buffs, our first 14 conference games are very winnable. I see the team going 10-4 over that stretch, rolling in to Westwood with a 21-6 record...not too shabby!

[QUOTE="Zachsquatch, post: 1918025, member:

Luckily for the Buffs, our first 14 conference games are very winnable. I see the team going 10-4 over that stretch, rolling in to Westwood with a 21-6 record...not too shabby![/QUOTE]

You might as well finish off the full-season prediction - hope you're right to the 21-6 but not sure I see that unless the indications thus far of Buff road improvement hold up.

Either way, I'm glad to have wrapped up the (mostly) less interesting part of the season and to be starting the part where every remaining game is very meaningful and challenging. I think we're ready.

Back