What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where do you stand on the CSU series?

The CSU series should...

• be killed with fire

Votes: 69 54.3%
  • continue, but with changes

Votes: 47 37.0%
  • continue in its current form

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
end it. it perpetuates a myth of equality between the 2 programs that does not exist. they can rot in hell with all the rest of the also-rans who never mattered in college football and who are in danger of extinction as we march into a new era of football.

kill the series. with extreme prejudice.

I voted to burn with fire.

IF the series must continue (and I'm not so sure it should), then it should be a home-and-home affair. We will play our designated home games at home (novel thought!) and "they" can schedule their home game wherever the hell they want.

I almost never hear any CSU chatter unless it's leading up to the CU game / opening of the season. Between the financial windfall that program gets from the game (not that much less than their MWC payout) and the way it rallies their fan base every year, I feel that CU is the driving force behind CSU staying somewhat afloat as a program. If we stopped the series, I think they'd make about as much noise in this state as Wyoming fans.

I guess you skipped the game last year where it rallied about 11,000 of their fans. It was a joke looking at the CSU side of the field and seeing entire sections empty. The attendance has been declining over the past several years...they announced over 65000 last year which was a joke...I estimated about 44,000. Woody Paige said that there were 40,000 at Invesco plus they were counting all the people downtown for the taste of Colorado.

I use to be in favor of this game but I am now tired of it. I refuse to upgrade my seats- I give a healthy donation and pay for top seats at Folsom and then my loyalty is rewarded by treating me like crap at Invesco (putting us in the 5th level last year). Sorry guys I am not a CU fan so I can say that CSU is our rival....I get no joy in beating them.

Kill this game ASAP.

80+ years, can't just throw that away. Would like to see it played in Boulder every year though.

respectfully:

BULL****!

for one thing, this wasn't an annual game for many many years.

hell i don't think we even played them at all for like 20+ years between the mid-60s and early 80s.

this isn't some storied traditional rivalry. they have sucked dead donkey ass for most of their existence and they have NEVER been a team that mattered. this isn't osu-michigan. bama v. auburn. etc. those are games WITH CONSEQUENCES in the national rankings.

if we cancelled this lame series, the only ones who would notice would be the bean-counters at csu who rely upon the revenue to prop up their ****-ass athletics programs.

The CSU hate is strong in this thread. I don't get that, frankly. CSU has never done anything to me other than accept me for admission, which I politely declined. Hate is wasted on CSU, IMO. It's not wasted on Invesco Field, though.

I would be in favor of making it a home-and-home, or having a 3-year cycle between Boulder, Fort Craphole, and Invesco...having it every year at Invesco is terrible though...

Again, celebrating the rivalry with a crappy team brings our team down. I am willing to bet everyone in support of this is FROM colorado, which is valid on it's own, but none of the out of state recruits care. It does nothing for us except count for an ugly loss every few years. They play their best football, and sometimes our guys get caught of guard.

Cycle though all the colorado/wyoming schools and then it will be a fun game every few years. we don't need it every year.

Again, celebrating the rivalry with a crappy team brings our team down. I am willing to bet everyone in support of this is FROM colorado, which is valid on it's own, but none of the out of state recruits care. It does nothing for us except count for an ugly loss every few years. They play their best football, and sometimes our guys get caught of guard.

Cycle though all the colorado/wyoming schools and then it will be a fun game every few years. we don't need it every year.

Would it change your opinion if the MWC were granted BCS status? Just curious. I think that development could do a lot to revitalize a game that has lost a lot of its luster the last few seasons. Then your talking about a true in-state game betweem two state BCS schools. Similar to Iowa-Iowa State as an example.

Last edited:
it would make me more interested in playing them every few years along with Airforce and Wyoming. I don't think it needs to be every year.

And besides, I celebrate what Coach Mac and Cabral think about making rivals out of our best competition.

Would it change your opinion if the MWC were granted BCS status? Just curious. I think that development could do a lot to revitalize a game that has lost a lot of its luster the last few seasons. Then your talking about a true in-state game with two state BCS schools. Similar to Iowa-Iowa State as an example.

CSU is far far away from needing to worry about a BCS invite and with Utah and TCU leaving the MWC the MWC is even worse. Nobody cares about this game. It was played at Invesco because CSU's crap stadium holds 48 people and CU was convinced that if the games were at Invesco somehow lamb nation would get 30,000 fans to show up, thus we would get a better payday.

This game should be killed off, or worst case played in Boulder every year. CSU doesn't like it they should go pound sand and find someone else to play. It is not CU's responsibility to provide the CSU athletic department with a payday.

CSU is far far away from needing to worry about a BCS invite and with Utah and TCU leaving the MWC the MWC is even worse. Nobody cares about this game. It was played at Invesco because CSU's crap stadium holds 48 people and CU was convinced that if the games were at Invesco somehow lamb nation would get 30,000 fans to show up, thus we would get a better payday.

This game should be killed off, or worst case played in Boulder every year. CSU doesn't like it they should go pound sand and find someone else to play. It is not CU's responsibility to provide the CSU athletic department with a payday.

I honestly don't care one way or another about the series. I am with Sackman. I like the game, but I absolutely hate the stadium. Regardless, its an academic discussion at this point. There are 8 games left on the contract and if you think CU is propping up CSU now, I can only imagine the outrage CU's fans would feel if it were to cancel the contract and have to pay out the pro-rata share of its contractual obligations to CSU in one lump sum.

Would it change your opinion if the MWC were granted BCS status? Just curious. I think that development could do a lot to revitalize a game that has lost a lot of its luster the last few seasons. Then your talking about a true in-state game betweem two state BCS schools. Similar to Iowa-Iowa State as an example.

You mean the game played on the campuses? What a novel idea.

Old habits die hard, I guess. Why are we talking about CSU again? It's the third game of the season.

We're locked into a contract. No one likes it. It is what it is.

You know how I can tell no one has interest in this game? Cinch Jeans is title sponsor. That's how.

if i were embree, i'd try to put like 80 on the board. crush them. don't take the starters out. make it the worst possible experience possible for them. they'll be begging to get out of the contract after a couple games like that.

i kid. i kid.

sorta.

Ram it down their ****ing throats until they beg for mercy. **** CSU and their fans who somehow think they're entitled to something even when their pathetic little school has never done **** in anything.

The Invesco plan has run its course. Attendance is going down and the environment for a college game of this nature stinks. At the same time Hughes is completely inadequete for the game as well. CU loses money going to Hughes unless CSU gives CU a disproportionate amount of the revenues, something CSU can't afford to do as it is. Hughes only has an official capacity of 34,400, even with standing room it doesn't go past 37k. With that it has inadequete access into and out of the stadium, concessions, etc.

In addition to this the game is a no win for CU, win and all they did was beat a bottom feeding MWC team, lose and they got beat by the bottom feeding MWC team and have to put up with the mouths of the CSU fans, who manage to disappear after the majority of games that CU wins. Since historically CSU fans and players treat this as their most important game of the year while CU by neccessity focuses on other more important conference games the level of motivation isn't on par. You can argue about this but all you have to do is look at the Rams message board to see that the CU game is the number one topic year around. Win against CU and it is a successful year, lose and the fans pack up and wait for next year.

CU would likely make as much money or more playing some other "opponent" each year without the risk involved and at the same time would make the season ticket holders and the Boulder business community much happier.

That all said the political reality is that this game is being played now because of pressure from members of the legislature who are CSU fans and want to continue the subsidy to the program as well as maintain the support of the CSU community in their mostly rural districts. Under those conditions I would much prefer the game to return to campus, with preferably a 3-1 balance in favor of Boulder. Since CU is the revenue generator for this game and the national name this should be appropriate.

Ram it down their ****ing throats until they beg for mercy. **** CSU and their fans who somehow think they're entitled to something even when their pathetic little school has never done **** in anything.

Serious question: Are you back on creatine again?

no

So now it's a bad thing to hate CSU with a passion?

Going to school in Boulder is the best revenge.

Hate is best reserved for those fan bases that actually cheat CU out of something important...think kNU when Dr Tom's vote made CU share the the mNC with Georgia Tech, or how the Nubs edged CU out of the title game by 0.05 BCS points in 2001 after the 62-36 beat down.

Or hate programs that generate envy, like UT and U$C and their 5-star hoarding, big budget, holier than thou loud mouths.

Has CSU cheated CU out of anything of consequence? You might argue CSU cheats CU out of a home game, but that's on Bohn for signing the contact as much as those subsidy seeking Rams.

Has CSU caused any CU alum even a moment of envy?...nope.

And the girls that go to school up there LOVE coming to boulder and are just a little dumber and easier.

Going to school in Boulder is the best revenge.

Hate is best reserved for those fan bases that actually cheat CU out of something important...think kNU when Dr Tom's vote made CU share the the mNC with Georgia Tech, or how the Nubs edged CU out of the title game by 0.05 BCS points in 2001 after the 62-36 beat down.

Or hate programs that generate envy, like UT and U$C and their 5-star hoarding, big budget, holier than thou loud mouths.

Has CSU cheated CU out of anything of consequence? You might argue CSU cheats CU out of a home game, but that's on Bohn for signing the contact as much as those subsidy seeking Rams.

Has CSU caused any CU alum even a moment of envy?...nope.

Which I do. No CSU has never cheated CU out of anything but their "fans" alone are enough to make me hate CSU. They show show up for one ****ing game of the year and talk up the Lambs like they're the greatest ****ing team in the country but after they lose, the "fans" are no where to be found. They talk **** year round, even when they completely ****ing suck and even if they do beat us, they act like they just won the ****ing national title. At least those other teams have hardware to back it up. CSU has never accomplished anything in football but act like they have and act like CU has never done anything. Their fans suck. Their school sucks. Their sports sucks. Fort Collins sucks. **** it, everything about every CSU "fan" ****ing sucks. If we never played them again I'd be very happy.

Back