What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where do you stand on the CSU series?

The CSU series should...

• be killed with fire

Votes: 69 54.3%
  • continue, but with changes

Votes: 47 37.0%
  • continue in its current form

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
Which I do. No CSU has never cheated CU out of anything but their "fans" alone are enough to make me hate CSU. They show show up for one ****ing game of the year and talk up the Lambs like they're the greatest ****ing team in the country but after they lose, the "fans" are no where to be found. They talk **** year round, even when they completely ****ing suck and even if they do beat us, they act like they just won the ****ing national title. At least those other teams have hardware to back it up. CSU has never accomplished anything in football but act like they have and act like CU has never done anything. Their fans suck. Their school sucks. Their sports sucks. Fort Collins sucks. **** it, everything about every CSU "fan" ****ing sucks. If we never played them again I'd be very happy.

Haha, your pills!! Chiiiiilllllllllllllll, it is fun to hate, but not to sound like a dip****. Of course if you went there you would only care about beating CU, what else would you have? besides that you would stop caring about football since it would be too depressing to follow. Best not to waste all that energy outside the weight room

Haha, your pills!! Chiiiiilllllllllllllll, it is fun to hate, but not to sound like a dip****. Of course if you went there you would only care about beating CU, what else would you have? besides that you would stop caring about football since it would be too depressing to follow. Best not to waste all that energy outside the weight room

Was anything I said false though? If not, I stand by my statement. And I don't think it burns too many calories to rant on a message board :lol:

**** csu . End the series with these tools. Mid major and bohn bows down to invesco in a venue that isn't even 75% full come game day. Piss on csu and their obnoxious fans. Let them go play san jose st at home in front of 10 people.

Ridiculous. First off, like Papa Buff said, we're stuck in the series for almost a decade; Invesco sucks balls, a move back to campus would obviously be preferable. Second, play them only once every three years and I guarantee this board explodes with anticipation the week before the game. The "rivalry" is not what it was ten years ago, but it's not like we've been holding up our end of the bargain either.

ugh. change the series please god. Only way it could happen if CSU started only getting 10k there every year. last year was a good start. Hopefully it is a lot worse this year.

Keep the game, move it back to campus where it belongs. It's actually a fun game when it is on campus imo.

ugh. change the series please god. Only way it could happen if CSU started only getting 10k there every year. last year was a good start. Hopefully it is a lot worse this year.

If they lose to new mexico or Northern Colorado it will be worse...

Which I do. No CSU has never cheated CU out of anything but their "fans" alone are enough to make me hate CSU. They show show up for one ****ing game of the year and talk up the Lambs like they're the greatest ****ing team in the country but after they lose, the "fans" are no where to be found. They talk **** year round, even when they completely ****ing suck and even if they do beat us, they act like they just won the ****ing national title. At least those other teams have hardware to back it up. CSU has never accomplished anything in football but act like they have and act like CU has never done anything. Their fans suck. Their school sucks. Their sports sucks. Fort Collins sucks. **** it, everything about every CSU "fan" ****ing sucks. If we never played them again I'd be very happy.

You are hanging out with the wrong CSU fans. The ones you mention are succeeding in baiting you.

CSU fans I know are skiers and runners and backpackers and bicyclists. They are friends and neighbors. They are relatives. They are ex-girlfriends an/or one night stands. They are beer drinkers and world travelers. They are tax payers, voters and contributing members of society. In many ways, they are just like you and me.

It's the media that stirs the animosity. It's sheeple who play along with this fabricated hate match.

Not my friends but my high school was full of CSU fans, hell this whole town is full of them.

You are hanging out with the wrong CSU fans. The ones you mention are succeeding in baiting you.

CSU fans I know are skiers and runners and backpackers and bicyclists. They are friends and neighbors. They are relatives. They are ex-girlfriends an/or one night stands. They are beer drinkers and world travelers. They are tax payers, voters and contributing members of society. In many ways, they are just like you and me.

It's the media that stirs the animosity. It's sheeple who play along with this fabricated hate match.

^^^This^^^

However...

The bad ones (and they are a very vocal minority) do make it difficult to wish them well. It's a shame, because I would like to cheer a bit for them to have successful teams just like I do Air Force, Denver, Northern and Wyoming.

kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-1235695993-2569.0.html.jpg

Rep. Great, great, great post. I have some close CSU and NU friends. They support their team just like we support ours. The fringe idots for those schools I don't hang out with.

And I don't want the series to end... just want it to end in Invesco. Would love to get at least Air Force involved. Would love to go down there for a CU game.

I'm not gonna screw around with the googles because I figure that'll take me longer than asking the question here: What's the revenue split for games at Invesco? I seem to remember it's like 60-40% in favor of us, but if last year becomes part of a trend (30K CU fans and 10K Ram fans), then that might lead to this contract getting re-worked.

I'm not gonna screw around with the googles because I figure that'll take me longer than asking the question here: What's the revenue split for games at Invesco? I seem to remember it's like 60-40% in favor of us, but if last year becomes part of a trend (30K CU fans and 10K Ram fans), then that might lead to this contract getting re-worked.

55% CU. 45% CSU
These percetages are 100% not made up.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204784604

I screwed up. I voted continue in present form but should have voted continue with changes. The 11:30 kickoff sucks.

I will disagree with this. The CSU fan does not feel passionately about their team they only feel passionately about hating CU. When CSU won in 99 and Sonny Saint dropped one F-bomb after another about CU is showed me what CSU was really about. I remember the so-called "bombshell" that 80s Ram fan keep posting about on their site that was going to get CU the Death penalty...an after months Shep posts some photoshoped drawing claiming that it came from the CU coaches (all of which was quickly debunked) - some of 80s friends were pulling his chain.

In a weird way continuing the game actually hurts CSU because it prevents them from building a program with fans who are interested in football versus just interested in hating CU.

In spite of all that, I do not hate CSU, their fans or their program. I just do not enjoy the game. I tolerate the occasional game against an inferior opponent as part of a ticket package but having to go to Invesco and have a miserable experience at a game I do not enjoy is too much.

I will disagree with this. The CSU fan does not feel passionately about their team they only feel passionately about hating CU. When CSU won in 99 and Sonny Saint dropped one F-bomb after another about CU is showed me what CSU was really about. I remember the so-called "bombshell" that 80s Ram fan keep posting about on their site that was going to get CU the Death penalty...an after months Shep posts some photoshoped drawing claiming that it came from the CU coaches (all of which was quickly debunked) - some of 80s friends were pulling his chain.

In a weird way continuing the game actually hurts CSU because it prevents them from building a program with fans who are interested in football versus just interested in hating CU.

In spite of all that, I do not hate CSU, their fans or their program. I just do not enjoy the game. I tolerate the occasional game against an inferior opponent as part of a ticket package but having to go to Invesco and have a miserable experience at a game I do not enjoy is too much.

You are absolutely correct in terms of the game actually hurting CSU long term. I did my masters at CSU and work with a lot of CSU fans. For most CSU fans their football season last one game, CU. If they win they go home happy with a successful season and move on to other stuff, lose and their season is over and they move on to other stuff. The fact that even when CU is bad the Buffs still win the majority of games and when CU is good the game isn't competitive doesn't help CSU develop anything resembling a solid fan base for the rest of their games. In recent years there have been some pretty decent opponents come into Ft. Collins and the attendance for those games has been to say the least disappointing. They played a #10 Cal team and failed to draw 30k, same against a ranked TCU team and games against ranked Utah and BYU. These teams were not only quality opponents but fun teams to watch as well.

It seems as if even when CSU gets a solid turnout much of the crowd is there because of the other team, Wyoming fans, mormons turning out for BYU, Air Force fans, etc.

I have no problem with the small core of loyal CSU football fanatics who support their team throughout the season. Many may be unrealistic about how good their team and/or their conference is but this is the natural reaction of fans (including us.) The problem is that this core of fans is far to small to support a true "big-time" program and thus CSU ends up at the bottom of the MWC in football budget and it shows on the field. Even if they somehow got their pipe dream of a share of the BCS money and a share of the big TV money they would still trail significantly the rest of the conference who would also get that money.

Maybe if they had a few years without the CU game they could focus on the CSU season being the event rather than the CU game being the event. Get students and fans more accustomed to going out multiple weeks rather than just going to the one event. They could also replace the CU game which is a probable loss with an easier opponent which would be a more likely win. Fans have more fun at a win than a loss, regardless of who the opponent is are more likely to return for future games. The team itself also seems to have a serious letdown after the CU game, get rid of the CU game and let them build some momentum. Win some easier OOC games and they will then be in shooting distance of some bowl games. Even if they are not significant bowls they will result in a lot of positive publicity and good feelings again bringing more fans to the game.

Many CSU fans argue that the game against CU is good for college football in Colorado, I think you could make just as solid an argument that getting rid of the game would be better for college football in Colorado and especially for CSU. They would have to give up their money subsidy game the long term impact on the program would be better.

There are a few dozen CSU fans (like C2C) who defy the stereo-type by buying the season tickets, travel to the away games and attend the rare bowl game. And there are the hundreds of jerks who infest Invesco like some guilty Catholic who only attends Christmas mass. But with fllthier mouths.

Fan behavior at the RMS and on RamNation don't put CSU fans in a very good light. Nor did their unforgivable center-field dance on the Ralphie logo a few years back.

It's that very deviant behavior and lack of sportsmanship that drives away the decent CSU fans. This is a case where the asshole CSU fans are succeeding in driving away their own kind.

The "rivalry" is more toxic than healthy or profitable. I think from the CSU perspective, the schools ought to agree to try out a break after the contract runs out. Let the CSU fans figure out their own identity without living in big brother's shadows and quit sucking on the RMS teet.

From a CU perspective, it's a game that comes with an historical 75% chance of winning (60-20-2). CU can really use a cupcake before heading into big-boy conference play.

From a fan perspective, the 11:30 Invesco game is the least exciting date on the 2011 calendar. Every other game on the Buffaloe's schedule is at a better venue against a better team.

From a fan perspective, the 11:30 Invesco game is the least exciting date on the 2011 calendar. Every other game on the Buffaloe's schedule is at a better venue against a better team.

This. Of all the games on the schedule next year, this is the one I really would just assume miss. I won't miss it, but damn, I'm getting really close to avoiding Invesco. My Dad, who many on this board know from the tailgates, doesn't go to the Invesco game anymore.

...... Many CSU fans argue that the game against CU is good for college football in Colorado, I think you could make just as solid an argument that getting rid of the game would be better for college football in Colorado and especially for CSU. They would have to give up their money subsidy game the long term impact on the program would be better.

Yes, but it doesn't seem to be just the ewe fans that believe this game is good for Colorado football. For the most part, the media has bought into the notion, or perhaps they instigated it, I don't know.

I'm with you on this argument -- it would be better for both teams to discontinue the "every year" series, and it wouldn't hurt Colorado football, in general, one iota. Make csewe grow, or at least reconnect with, a fan base. Afford CU the opportunity and flexibility in OOC scheduling before a 9-game conference schedule. Best outcome, imo.

Sorry if someone already suggested this but what about games against Nebraska at Invesco. I doubt Dr. Tom would sign off on it but that would be a great atmosphere. Maybe we could alternate playing CSU and Nebraska every year.

Sorry if someone already suggested this but what about games against Nebraska at Invesco. I doubt Dr. Tom would sign off on it but that would be a great atmosphere. Maybe we could alternate playing CSU and Nebraska every year.

Kill this idea with fire. **** Invesco. **** kNU. I do NOT want to give the reds another chance to fill up an away game and then brag about it.

I would not mind having a "revolving" neutral site game at Invesco as long as we already had 6 true home games scheduled.

A rotation of former Big Eight schools: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, and/or Missouri would be fun to setup; but I doubt that any of those schools would be willing to schedule those games in the immediate future.

The alternative to not having a "neutral site game" at Invesco means that we have a true road game far away from Colorado. Why do people think a game at Invesco comes at the expense of a home game? This year's schedule is NOT reflective of what will happen going forward as it is all messed up due to the conference switch. Having 7 games in the state is much better than not.

Back