What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where does Alec Burks go in the draft?

Where does Alec get picked?

• Top 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 14.7%

Votes: 6 17.6%

Votes: 2 5.9%

Votes: 10 29.4%

Votes: 3 8.8%

Votes: 3 8.8%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 16 or later

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Up until this morning, I thought the lowest Burks would go is #13. Now I'm starting to wonder. I don't know if it's smokescreens or actual info, but I think he new floor is #19. That said, I'm sticking with #13 because I think that's the best possible situation for him.

Although Ken Berger at CBS is convinced that Burks is the player CU is after in the Felton trade. If so, I'll have an authentic jersey on the first day it's available despite swearing off of the Nuggets this off-season.

The three people that have picked #10 might be wrong. Speculation is that Sacramento, Charlotte & Milwaukee have completed a three team deal. Milwaukee will have the #7 pick (which I doubt they'd go for Burks). That much is pretty much certain. The other speculation is that #10 will be going to Charlotte (Burks might go there, they do have a need) and Sacramento will be getting players (I'd put money on DJ Augustine as I know for a fact that they're high on him).

I picked 10 just because I felt all the chatter of him being tied to Milwaukee I've heard. If #10 ends up being traded to Charlotte, that seems like a very likely destination just because of the Higgins connection.

OK, according to Woj, the trade is as follows (this is all pretty rough right now as the NBA can't announce trades until all the picks have been made at this point):

Charlotte gets: #7 pick, Corey Maggette
Sacramento gets: #10, John Salmons
Milwaukee gets: Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston

If so, Sacramento reportedly liked Burks. My money says that they take Jimmer at #10 (the Maloofs are in love with him), but Burks might be in play.

EDIT --

Chad Ford is saying:

Deal: Bucks get Beno, Stephen Jackson 9 & 19. Bobcats get pick 7 & Maggette. Kings get 10 & John Salmons.

Honestly, Woj's makes more sense (and while Ford is good, Roj might be the best in the biz) so that's the more likely one. If the Bucks do get #9 though, Burks is in play there.

Last edited:
Up until this morning, I thought the lowest Burks would go is #13. Now I'm starting to wonder. I don't know if it's smokescreens or actual info, but I think he new floor is #19. That said, I'm sticking with #13 because I think that's the best possible situation for him.

Although Ken Berger at CBS is convinced that Burks is the player CU is after in the Felton trade. If so, I'll have an authentic jersey on the first day it's available despite swearing off of the Nuggets this off-season.
who?

Ken Berger. In this article, he says:

More likely than all of them to be dealt Thursday night is Denver point guard Raymond Felton. The Nuggets are listening to offers, and have been in widely known discussions with the Kings centered around the No. 7 pick. Any possible traction with that proposal would depend on who's available with the seventh pick, sources said. The Kings are known to be split between Jimmer Fredette and Alec Burks. Execs aren't sure who Denver is targeting, but it could be Burks of Colorado.

If the Nugs draft Burks, that will get me to some of their game this year and have me watching all of them that don't conflict with CU games on tv.

If the Nugs draft Burks, that will get me to some of their game this year and have me watching all of them that don't conflict with CU games on tv.

Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

In some regards, Burks makes sense for the Nugs. He fills the JR role and, if he's develops like we expect him to, can start at the 3 with Lawson and Aflalo. That said, I'm kind of surprised to hear they'd be going for backcourt if they did move up. They have so many needs in the frontcourt that they'd rather address.

I think Burks is a Sun tonight when it's all said & done.

Sam Amick is saying that most teams are now expecting the Kings to take Jimmer at #10.

One thing that worries me that could push him down is the status of the collective bargaining agreement. Foreign players who are currently under contract and would be playing the upcoming year in Europe lose the negativity associated with that delay if the owners don't think there will be a full NBA season this year. The foreign players could go higher than usual.

Speculation is that #10 from Sacramento if it isn't used on Jimmer will be traded to the Spurs for Parker & Richard Jefferson. Not good for Alec as SA wants a big man.

Per Chad Ford on Twitter:
Corrected deal: Bucks get Beno, Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston & 19. Bobcats get pick 7 & Maggette. Kings get 10 & John Salmons.

That should eliminate the Bucks from AB contention. Kings at 10? Charlotte at 7 or 9?

Both Berger & Draft Express are saying that Biyombo is going #7 to Charlotte.

Meanwhile, multiple sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz that the Kings are leaning toward drafting BYU shooting guard Jimmer Fredette over Connecticut's Kemba Walker with the 10th pick, and Charlotte likely will consider Texas' Tristan Thompson at No. 7 and either Florida State's Chris Singleton or Colorado's Alec Burks at No. 9.

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

As much as I'd love Burks to be a top 10 pick, Charlotte is such a ****** franchise that I'm really hoping he can avoid going there.

2 scenarios for this come to mind Burks to Charlotte makes sense because the GM of the Bobcats is... Rod Higgen's Corey's dad... the other scenario...felton to Charlotte in exchange for burks

Charlotte had Felton once already and let him go because they have DJ Augustine.

i'd like to see AB land someplace other than Charlotte. Charlotte over the years has had a roster with players that i liked in college but never really seem to do anything. unlike Chicago that had college players that i liked (Deng, Keith Bogans, Hinrich (before), Derrick Rose, Pargo, etc.)....actually turned the corner.

playing on a perennially bad team might turn AB into a Ron Mercer type scorer. he gets his 18 or 20 but lose by 10 every night.

The Bucks were the leader in the clubhouse so long, now I'm starting to buy the Charlotte scenarios. Not sure how I feel about Al becoming a Bobcat...

2 scenarios for this come to mind Burks to Charlotte makes sense because the GM of the Bobcats is... Rod Higgen's Corey's dad... the other scenario...felton to Charlotte in exchange for burks

Actually the GM is Rich Cho. Rod Higgins was promoted to president of basketball operations.

#9?

hmmm... The Bobcats, Bucks and Kings just pulled a 3 man trade.

Bucks no longer have the #10 pick - it went to Sacramento along with John Salmons.

Charlotte now owns the #7 and #10 pick and ESPN thinks that they go Tristan Thompson at #7 and Burks or Chris Singleton (FSU) at #9.

Do you think that means that Sacramento is out of the running for AB since they just obtained a veteran SG? I think that leaves Charlotte at 9 as the best bet for Mr. Burks services. Charlotte unloaded Stephen Jackson to the Bucks, so it would appear that they are in need of a new shooting guard.

Chad Ford's latest mock draft (7.2) has him going to Indiana at #15.

No real surprises so far with the top 3 in, although 3 could have gone a few ways. #4 will be interesting.

Back