1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the news from Utah?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 13Buff, Jun 15, 2010.

1. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

You would think that sendind their intentions to leave the MWC yesterday (if true) would mean they had their official offer in hand. They wouldn't make the same mistake Misery did would they?

Still Kind of curious what Tech is up to.

2. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

They may be weighing offers from the B12 too.

3. 13Buff

That would make since kind of, but after the way the last 2 days have gone would they really want to join that mess?

4. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

If Utah and BYU received dual offers from the Big XII, at least they'd be getting screwed side-by-side, hand-in-hand...

5. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Probably waiting until all the Big XII south teams officially sell their souls to Texas, there may be one or two schools (OSU and TT) having cold feet right now

6. 13Buff

Utah vs. Tech Vs. Okie Light.

I'd rather have Utah, takes one more Texas spot away when this thing blows up again.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

As much as we would like to see a quick resolution/decision, I don't think, with the turn of events in the Big Tex, Utah has much reason to make a quick decision. I don't see what leverage the Pac has to make them commit. "OK, Utes, if you don't decide by Friday we will.....we will..... Well, couldn't you please make a decision?"

8. 13Buff

They don't have to make up there minds tomorrow, but there is a little bit of a deadline. the way I understand it, They have until July 1st for announcing that they are leaving in order to start PAC-XX play in 2011. Or at least that was the MWC deadline for adding BSU.

9. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The one thing the PAC has is "If ________________ decides they want back in before you commit we don't have room for you." That blank could be Texas, OU, even aTm or who knows. I think that with all of this that has happened the PAC would prefer Utah but they don't have to tell Utah that and who knows.

I think the other side of this is maybe Utah trying to massage some hurt feelings politically in Utah with them leaving BYU behind. BYU may be the only school in the country with the same kind of political pull in their state as Texas has in theirs.

In the long run I think Utah will be a member of the PAC but it may take a some time to make it public if they don't want to upset to many people in Utah. If the deal is cut and all that needs to be done is announce it waiting doesn't cost anything to make sure they do it the right way.

10. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

behold. a big brown cow. the man that rode on him was texas...........

and hell followed with him.

11. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Pac could threaten to add AFA. Not ideal, but competitive and fits the Pac model for two schools in the same area. And the Big XII has already stated they will not be expanding.

12. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

ESPN just reported on the bottom line that Utah AD said he hasn't been contacted by the Pac 10. So I doubt they'd profess their Pac love to the MWC if that is the case.

Sadly folks, I doubt the Utes are joining us, at least not yet. Too many other factors. The Pac is not going to "settle" for a MWC school if there are still bigger fish to fry.

13. 13Buff

Thats what Bohn said right up until a few days before it was official.

14. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

yes but what is Dick Tharp up to?

15. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

With Bevo wrapping up and enslaving the former B12, what other "big fish" could possibly be out there?

16. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I'm pretty sure BYU would be guilty of an honor code violation if they did something like that....

17. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

18. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

19. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

byu sucks...