What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where's Our Upset?

Where is/are our major upset(s)?

• Total voters
ASU

Buffs should be 2-0 going into this game. It would be a good candidate for a Blackout night game. Folsom will be rocking.

What team didn't curb stomp up last year? I'm thinking we beat UA.

We do need to be in all games this year at least going into the 4th down by no more than 10pts for me to say we made progress (not counting Oregon).

That's a tall order. But if we could settle for just the fourth quarter, instead of every fourth down, that would be pretty good ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were closer to beating UCLA than Arizona last year

I still think UCLA played with almost zero effort.

That's my impression as well. They didn't "get up" for the game against us, imo. We played well because a lot of our guys were playing in front of their friends and family and UCLA was sleeping. I'm not sold on Mora though. I'd like to see who these teams play after they play us. I think we are still going to need to catch someone looking forward to the week after us to get a break.

UCLA gonna put hurtings on us. UA and ASU could happen. UW mebbe. Does Oregon State even count?

A team that beat us as badly last year counts. Reily is a good coach and while OSU usually starts slow and finishes strong, this game could show that MM can compete with the better coaches in the conference. Strategerically speaking, if you will.

I actually think we have a punchers chance against ASU, but that's not on the list.

Really? ASU could have put 100 on us last year and only ran it in the second half last year. If the game is within reach this year I'll be a believer in MM.

That's a tall order. But if we could settle for just the fourth quarter, instead of every fourth down, that would be pretty good ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice find, but I won't settle for anything less than every 4th down.

At Cal or Utah at home will be our best win

At Cal is a lot more important than an upset at home, outside of say Oregon or USC. We've sucked on the road for a long time and needed classic Mike Leach to get a win at WSU a few years back. CU isn't very good at playing within the state of California. We need to change that and get our alumni to show up in force like they did the year Cal embarrassed us in the last year of the Hawk.

Let's look at CU vs UCLA last year

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
Colorado 31001023
UCLA 714141045

Team Statistics
Team Statistics (Final)
2013 UCLA Football
Colorado vs #17 UCLA (Nov 02, 2013 at Pasadena, CA)
Team Totals COLO UCLA
FIRST DOWNS 26 18
Rushing 6 6
Passing 13 11
Penalty 7 1
NET YARDS RUSHING 134 139
Rushing Attempts 40 33
Average Per Rush 3.3 4.2
Rushing Touchdowns 1 4
Yards Gained Rushing 143 146
Yards Lost Rushing 9 7
NET YARDS PASSING 247 273
Completions-Attempts-Int 25-36-0 19-24-0
Average Per Attempt 6.9 11.4
Average Per Completion 9.9 14.4
Passing Touchdowns 1 2
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 381 412
Total offense plays 76 57
Average Gain Per Play 5.0 7.2
Fumbles: Number-Lost 2-1 0-0
Penalties: Number-Yards 6-40 11-122
PUNTS-YARDS 2-70 3-131
Average Yards Per Punt 35.0 43.7
Net Yards Per Punt 36.0 43.7
Inside 20 1 1
50+ Yards 0 1
Touchbacks 0 0
Fair catch 0 2
KICKOFFS-YARDS 5-294 8-500
Average Yards Per Kickoff 58.8 62.5
Net Yards Per Kickoff 30.8 43.1
Touchbacks 1 2
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 1-0-0 1--2-0
Average Per Return 0.0 -2.0
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 6-105-0 4-115-0
Average Per Return 17.5 28.8
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Possession Time 35:59 24:01
1st Quarter 11:33 3:27
2nd Quarter 9:05 5:55
3rd Quarter 7:50 7:10
4th Quarter 7:31 7:29
Third-Down Conversions 8 of 17 6 of 11
Fourth-Down Conversions 0 of 1 0 of 0
Red-Zone Scores-Chances 4-4 5-5
Touchdowns 2-4 5-5
Field goals 2-4 0-5
Sacks By: Number-Yards 0-0 1-8
PAT Kicks 2-2 6-6
Field Goals 3-5 1-2

I'll be interesting to see how people interpret them.

It was 35-13 going into the 4th quarter. That's really close.

[borat]Not[/borat]

I'll be interesting to see how people interpret them.

It was 35-13 going into the 4th quarter. That's really close.

[borat]Not[/borat]

One bad quarter killed that game, original point still stands

LOL. Yeah, let's disregard the first half of the ASU game. We kept it a lot closer than the score indicates.

I didn't know you could just ignore on the field results. Do you ever acknowledge when you may be wrong? You are going to be a absolute joy to work with when you get your first real job.

LOL. Yeah, let's disregard the first half of the ASU game. We kept it a lot closer than the score indicates.

I didn't know you could just ignore on the field results. Do you ever acknowledge when you may be wrong? You are going to be a absolute joy to work with when you get your first real job.

UCLA: 23-45, 22 point loss
Arizona: 20-44, 24 point loss

I didn't say we were close to winning either, but losing by 22 is just slightly better than losing by 24. You asked who we were closer to beating, well score differential is a good stat to use for that. Trying to compare either with the ASU game is an absurd way to try and tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Arizona doesn't have the talent of UCLA and lost their best RB, and arguably the best in the Pac12 last year. The edge to an upset might go to UCLA given that they are playing here vs us on the road. We play like ass on the road and play better at home.

I'm hoping we start to make Folsom be a tough place to play. Our crowds were starting to get really sparse last year.

Oregon State. No way on ASU. Right now, beating any conference opponent besides Cal is an upset.

We lose all 4 of these games. No upsets. I'll be happy to be in the game in the 4th qtr...that will measure our progress.

UW.

Looking at the schedule, there's a chance we could be 4-2 going in to the bye week. ASU is the only game of the first 6 I don't see the Buffs having much of a chance in.

UCLA has a long and glorious history of figuring out ways to win games against highly ranked schools and losing games against teams that shouldn't be on the field against them.

They want to be USC but always figure out somehow to fall short. Their turn to lose to CU is coming around.

I think the ASU game was when the head coach came off the field at half-time and said they were going to practice sportmanship in the second half (meaning "Why isn't there a mercy rule for games like this?).

Back