1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whether Terminating Hawkins is Feasible

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hank, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

CU fans need to ascertain whether it is feasible to terminate Hawkins. It does more harm than good to express your complaints on this message board if nothing can be done to address the problem.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I don't think anything will happen probably until after the season.

If Hawkins goes winless in his first 6 games, I think Bohn will act.

3. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

tell the truth...you just don't want to go through the trouble of changing your moniker...again...

4. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

I think Hawk will be back again next year, unless Bohn gets fired.

5. FChairbanks

i disagree. if we had shown some competitive sparks last night i would agree with you. but we didn't. and i don't see bohn getting fired in the near term.

hawk may finish out the season, but he is in lame duck status right now. the donors are starting to speak more loudly.

6. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

buyouthawkins.com is in the works where you can make donations that would go towards the buyout. they might change the name, however.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

How do we know this site is legit?

8. MCskid

MCskid New Member

so in other words, he has to win the wyo game to keep his job, because I really don't see us beating wva, tx or kan.

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Yup.

Unless he comes to his senses and pulls the RS off of Hansen. I'm not saying one kid will turn this thing around, but stranger things have happened.

10. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

i seriously think if hansen plays well, they can turn it around. i know that many players were not happy with cody playing.

11. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

So you are telling me that I need to root against CU for the first time in my life in order to save the future of our program? Next weekend is going to suck!

12. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Hansen going to play D too?

13. FChairbanks

never.

and i mean ****ING NEVER

root against the buffs.

:sad2:

:censored:

:finger:

:ban:

:pissed:

(...the kids deserve better than that)

Daaah likes this.
  14. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

I think it might do more harm to the program, if we don't put pressure on Hawk and Bohn

15. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Possibly
    Interesting. Can't take cody anymore myself, and I love the kid.

THIS is the real problem.
    :nod: the bigger problem with this team has little to do with Cody. Its EVERYTHING. And ya TH got beat out or he would be starting. However, I just don't see the point in playing Cody anymore. Maybe I just hate his dad so much I can't stand Cody. Dunno. But enough about TH.

16. Buffsballa22

Buffsballa22 New Member

Where are you getting this? At least the other folks have some sort of source, whether it be the media, or an alleged player contact.. I am just curious where you're pulling this out of...

17. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I don't give a **** what your reasons are. If you are rooting against the buffs, I hope you get poison oak up your genital organs.

18. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

So this would potentially imply that Hansen get beat out by a walk-on. :confused:

19. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Yes. I remember the calls on Netbuffs to put in Taylor Barton. When he flopped after 1 game the calls came in to put in Zac Colvin. Then Adam Bledsoe. Or something to that effect.

The poster is correct that the problems the Buffs have today, like giving up over 500 yards of offense to a MAC team, go far far far beyond the QB position.

20. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

One could argue that if the people in charge can't see the problem, then maybe the problem needs to be magnified a bit to wake those up who can make the decisions.

21. west coast

west coast Guest

if anybody out there thinks hansen would somehow make this team decent i wanna ask you how long you've been watching football. we are wrong at every position. except tailback. maybe. i mean this talk about hansen is ridiculous. try our offense with a guy that can't hit a pass as well as cody. im saying we lose to wyoming.

22. Sexton Hardcastle

Who knows WC? These things have happened in CFB. Especially at the QB spot.

23. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Yeah, to say that Hansen couldnt solve some of the problems is stupid... There are millions of intangibles in the game of football. I really think the biggest problem this team has is they have quit and dont have that spark or motivation. There is talent there for sure, all it takes is a little spark to get things moving in the right direction. Hansen getting a few first downs could be it. There is no way to tell. Our problem though is the least likely place that that spark can come from is Hawkins. The coach or the QB.

24. Sexton Hardcastle

Hansen might not be the cure. But he could be a step in the right direction.

25. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

Cody is a great kid and tries very hard but, for 2 weeks he has not gotten the job done, and shows no sign of changing that pattern. Changing QB’s gives us some hope, which is better than no hope.

Did you see the Toledo game? Under pressure Oplet knew where to throw the ball to exploit the blitz; Cody, the person we are lead to believe is “football smart”, was scrambling to find the outlet. Removing Cody is not the answer to all the team problems, but it is a start. USC and Michigan both have true freshman QB’s and CU is on its third year with one of the statistically worst QB’s in the big twelve. There is no possible way any fair person can argue that this staff has done all it can, to improve that position.

At this point, staying with Cody is the ridiculous call. I would not bet 2 cents, that with Cody at QB our team will go bowling. So if you are not willing to try something new, than you might as well throw in the towel and get Evans or Lobato ready for next season.