What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Buff QB starts the 4th Qtr against CSU?

• Thread starter Deleted member 807
  • Start date

Which Buffs QB starts the 4th Qtr against CSU?

• Total voters

Deleted member 807

The Rockymountain Beatdown at Investco has the makings for a long day for CSU fans. If the Buff offense performs according to expectation, there's no telling when mop-up duty begins, or who will be calling plays.

I expect the buffs to win big, but not really in a blowout fashion. Cody should at least start the fourth quarter, but maybe Nelson will get a drive within the last five minutes or so. I expect the quarterly score to look something like this- 17-0, 23-7, 30-14, 44-17, buffs leading the whole way

Last edited:
I expect the buffs to win big, but not really in a blowout fashion. Cody should at least start the first quarter, but maybe Nelson will get a drive within the last five minutes or so. I expect the quarterly score to look something like this- 17-0, 23-7, 30-14, 44-17, buffs leading the whole way

Here's how its gunna go:

14-3
27-10
37-17
74-17
jk
50-27

The QB choice will depend on how we roll. We only have 2 games to get ready for a hard 4 game stretch. With a new tb and getting the new no huddle down.....we will have a good lead but Hawk will start the 4th and Nelson will run the last 2 series for a solid victory

Are you kidding? By the 4th they'll be eating bon bons and debating whether to burn Tyler Hansen's RS or put the Rabid Goldfish in at QB....

darrell scott, well just pitch it directly to the halfback all the time

handoffs are for pussies!

Every year we talk about how we are going to beat them down, and then more often then not, its close as ****. I hope you guys are right, but I am preparing for some epic meltdowns, if this one is close in the 4th quarter.

Every year we talk about how we are going to beat them down, and then more often then not, its close as ****. I hope you guys are right, but I am preparing for some epic meltdowns, if this one is close in the 4th quarter.
I dont think meltdowns...we are still a little young and the tide is changing...however, new style of offence is always rough in the first game

This game has all of the classic signs of a complete ass kicking. I've said this before and I'll say it again - CSU doesn't have the horses. CU is bigger, stronger, faster and better coached. The only shot CSU has in this game is to wing it all day long and hope their receivers and QB don't get killed. On defense, they're in for a long day. CU could put up half a hundred on them, and that's not just wishful thinking. CSU has a first year coach, coaching his very first game as a head coach. They completely turned over their entire staff. Everybody is new. It takes time to get acclimated to a new coaching staff. They have a brand new quarterback and we don't even know who that's going to be yet. Kind of like when Hawk came in here, we had White/Jackson vying for the starting job, taking practice reps away from each other.

CSU has a chance, but it's a very slim chance. Anything can happen, but I'd give the goats one shot in 50 to win this game.

Recent history of close games doesn't apply this year.
Let's go back to CU's first game in 2006. New coach. New QB. New offense. Recruiting cupboard was bare. Montana State, well, you know what happened.

Fast forward to 2008. The Rams have a new QB, who still hasn't been named. There is a new coach. There is a questionmark at every position except RB, TE, and LB. The D & O lines, secondary, corners, WR and special teams are noteworthy for being either unknowns or underachievers. The veterans are coming off of a 3-9 season. The team has not reloaded. Play was so bad at CSU that fewer than 19 thousand people showed up for each of their last three home games.

Anyone who says the 2008 edition of the RMS will be close is not following the dispare in Fort Collins. This team is rock bottom.

:yeahthat:

As fans, we have the luxury of calling this game a sure win and being supremely over-confident. Hawk and the team do not have that luxury. They better be prepared for a scrappy squad. Just the same, CU should obliterate the ewes.

We can't put the beat down on this CSU team it's going to be a LONG season.

Wow, we are arrogant... 6-7 last season, grantid against a horrible CSU team but still. Not to mention this is always a close game because the Rams play out of their @$$ against us, or we play down to them... either one.

Cody Hawkins in the 4th qtr, assuming he is the starting QB.

Wow, we are arrogant... 6-7 last season, grantid against a horrible CSU team but still. Not to mention this is always a close game because the Rams play out of their @$$ against us, or we play down to them... either one.

Cody Hawkins in the 4th qtr, assuming he is the starting QB.

I agree with you on the overconfidence...to a point. CU is far from being a world beater. Yet, most of the points made in this thread are true, CSU is literally starting from scratch whereas CU, while young, isn't. There is also a substantial talent, speed, and size difference between the programs. To me the game comes down to how fast CU can seize and build on the lead. CSU is going to be hanging by a thread, and if they can stay close then it will get tougher. They will be wanting to pound the ball over and over with a decent set of backs, but that will go out the window if they fall behind. Also their strength(running game) will be playing against our defensive strength(run d), so not a great matchup for them. If CU jumps out quick and easy, I think CSU folds like bad hand of cards.

i know you are kidding because if either d scott or c hawkins even see a snap in q4, we are in trouble this year...

:huh:

thats unless mr scott has a record in his sights :)

actually, it wouldnt really surprise me if scott got some touches in the fourth as, from what ive heard, its unlikely that hes gonna get the start, so i think he might get some touches in the fourth anyway

Last edited:
Actually, Jens brings up an interesting scenario... Scott probably won't start. It's entirely conceivable that CU jumps out to an early lead, and the rout is on. Halfway through the third quarter, in comes Scott. The goats are gassed, and in comes the best running back they'll ever try to tackle. Holy sh!t, this could get fugly.

Actually, Jens brings up an interesting scenario... Scott probably won't start. It's entirely conceivable that CU jumps out to an early lead, and the rout is on. Halfway through the third quarter, in comes Scott. The goats are gassed, and in comes the best running back they'll ever try to tackle. Holy sh!t, this could get fugly.
Hope you are right...based upon history, this one goes down to the wire....

Here's a recent history of CU-CSU series
83 - W 31-3
85 - W 23-10
86 - L 7-23
87 - W 29-16
88 - W 27-23
89 - W 45-20
92 - W 37-17
95 - W 42-14
96 - W 48-34
97 - W 31-21
98 - W 42-14
99 - L 14-41
00 - L 24-28
01 - W 41-14
02 - L 14-19
03 - W 42-35
04 - W 27-24
05 - W 31-28
06 - L 10-14
07 - W 31-28

Only 5 of CU's 15 wins over the past 20 games have been by the margin of one score.
I really don't think the past 5 games say very much. Lubuck's gone. Hawkins is starting to hit his stride with recruiting and with getting his system in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that nelson got in a fight two nights ago and broke his throwing hand. Not good news for us.

Back