What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Buffs get drafted this year?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
And who has a shot to stick as an UFA?

I think we'll see Chido & Tupou for sure.

Starting to believe that Tedric, Spoon, Olugbode, Carrell, Samson, Gilbert & Sefo all have a shot to get drafted. Possibly a couple guys could leave early like J Irwin & a WR (led by Shay).

Every time I think Sefo could get drafted, I think of all the dirt hoppers he throws. Can't do that in the NFL.

Good list. Kough also a possibility as some would say he's been our best OL.

Every time I think Sefo could get drafted, I think of all the dirt hoppers he throws. Can't do that in the NFL.

Good list. Kough also a possibility as some would say he's been our best OL.
Yeah, rather have a cannon for an arm like Cutler!

AS for WR, Bobo or Ross or both are more likely. Both have NFL bodies and both responded well to top notch coaching. Shay is not there yet physically. He should take note from PRich's experience: those big boy DBs in the League, can wear a body down, quickly!.

Last edited:
Drafted this year-
Chido
Spoon
Tedric
Tupou

UFAs
Sefo
Gilbert
Samson

Not to take anything away from them, because they're amazing, but I don't see any of our receivers being ready to leave early.
Reasons you ignore Carrell, Samson and Olugbode, in general? 300 lb. DTs who can play and have played against solid OL competition don't grow on trees. Bobo's transformation has been stunning; he certainly could move.

There will be a lot of CU players on NFL rosters this next year. JMFL knows what it takes to make the 53 and he has coached up the d so that a lot of them can and will make it

Drafted this year-
Chido
Spoon
Tedric
Tupou

UFAs
Sefo
Gilbert
Samson

Not to take anything away from them, because they're amazing, but I don't see any of our receivers being ready to leave early.
Pretty much agree with this list and would add Olugbode and Carrell as guys who also get looks in camp as UDFAs. By the way, what position does Olugbode play in the NFL? Is he able to make a transition to a more in-the-box Safety, because I don't see him doing much at any LB position.

Pretty much agree with this list and would add Olugbode and Carrell as guys who also get looks in camp as UDFAs. By the way, what position does Olugbode play in the NFL? Is he able to make a transition to a more in-the-box Safety, because I don't see him doing much at any LB position.

Buchanan role?

He's essentially the same size as Derrick Brooks. Not saying he is on that level, but he can play LB. Definitely think Carrell gets drafted.

I just dont see Sefo getting on anywhere. Great kid, fantastic leader but his football skills (arm strength, mobility, accuracy, etc.) aren't NFL caliber. Far too many other prospects out there who can bring those skills to the table.

If an NFL team doesn't draft Tedric Thompson I will officially give up trying to predict if Buffs get drafted or not. That guy is having an amazing year.

I think Thompson has consistently been the best player on the defense for several years, including Chido. Different positions, so different skills, but Thompson has held down the safety spot very well. Whether he drafts higher probably has more to do with team needs than a direct comparison of skills. I don't expect either to go above the 3rd round, but I'm hopeful.

Serious question: Does anyone see Sefo being brought into a camp and asked to transition into an H Back role, ala Tim Tebow (but without the refusal to do so)? For his size, Sefo is an athletic beast.

Serious question: Does anyone see Sefo being brought into a camp and asked to transition into an H Back role, ala Tim Tebow (but without the refusal to do so)? For his size, Sefo is an athletic beast.

Actually see him as a very capable backup, a la Kubiak, especially behind someone similar, like Lynch.

Actually see him as a very capable backup, a la Kubiak, especially behind someone similar, like Lynch.
Maybe. I just think his physical inconsistencies throwing the ball are going to be a huge hindrance to being a QB in the league, and that doesn't even touch on the mental transition from a one read, RPO/spread offense to an NFL scheme. If he gets a legit shot, it will have to be with a coach who wants to run similar stuff.

I'd say Chido, Tedric, Spoon get drafted for sure. Everybody Nik mentioned, maybe, but they'll get a look anyway.

Do we know yet on Jeremy Irwin? Hopefully he's back for 1 more year, but I think he'd at least get a shot as a UFA

Do we know yet on Jeremy Irwin? Hopefully he's back for 1 more year, but I think he'd at least get a shot as a UFA

No. Pretty sure he is going to look at it though after the season. NFL teams are always in search of decent LT's. If he gets a 3rd round grade or better he should probably jump.

I thought Sefo was playing his way into a being a possible 6th or 7th round pick, but tape of this last game will give scouts pause considering there is three more years of tape showing games where he has a tendency to throw a few short ones into the dirt. I love Sefo's heart and leadership and I think he is the best QB on the team right now, but Montez looks like he has more pro potential.

Chido, Spoon, Tedric and Tupou get drafted. Shay stays. The other guys who have been mentioned should get FA looks or certainly have a shot at playing in Canada or Arena if they choose that over getting a regular job or grad school.

I could see Sefo going to a team with an established QB but no depth. Dallas, Indy, Green Bay, maybe even Oakland. The kind of place where he can work hard and be a backup. He'd make a terrific backup QB somewhere.

Maybe. I just think his physical inconsistencies throwing the ball are going to be a huge hindrance to being a QB in the league, and that doesn't even touch on the mental transition from a one read, RPO/spread offense to an NFL scheme. If he gets a legit shot, it will have to be with a coach who wants to run similar stuff.

I see lots of reasons for Sefo not to be an NFL QB.

Then I watch a weekend of NFL games and see guys who are throwing passes for NFL teams and see a lot who make Sefo look like a better option.

He's got NFL size, mobility, and while he doesn't have a great arm he can make the throws that they ask for given some protection. He is also a guy who NFL coaches will love for his work ethic, leadership, and toughness. This year has proven that he can take coaching and improve his game.

Every team is looking for the next Brady or even Siemien. QB is such an important position that I expect some team to spend a sixth or seventh on Sefo.

Alfred and Tyler Polumbus just discussed this, and agreed there are at least 10 Bufffs who will play in the NFL. Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but a nice change from the recent past.

Alfred and Tyler Polumbus just discussed this, and agreed there are at least 10 Bufffs who will play in the NFL. Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but a nice change from the recent past.

Did they limit it to current Buffs on 2017 NFL rosters or project into the future? Because that number is very low if they're talking about the entire CU roster regardless of class.

Did they limit it to current Buffs on 2017 NFL rosters or project into the future? Because that number is very low if they're talking about the entire CU roster regardless of class.
Maybe team in general, but there are so many 1-3rd year guys that are not playing so you can't include them. I'm guessing that list is mainly seniors with a couple juniors thrown in.

Was thinking about it last night and CU could very easily have 10 guys in NFL camps. Certainly all won't make rosters but having enough talent to draw NFL attention is a pleasant change.

Chido round 3-4
Spoon round 4-6
Ted round 6-7
Tupou 5-7
Carroll UFA
KO UFA
Gilbert UFA
Sefo 5-UFA
Kelley UFA
Sampson could get a UFA as well.

Some will be camp fodder but all are good enough athletes to be worth a look.

Last edited:
Back