What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which of the big 2016 road upsets would you most want?

Which road upset to you want the most?

• at Michigan

• at Oregon

• at USC

• at Stanford

Results are only viewable after voting.
At Michigan was tempting because of history. Looking at the big picture though, CU has not fared well against USC. They are still the strongest brand in our region. And winning at Michigan is a feelgood but means very little if we lay an egg in our conference road games. Getting the most intimidating Pac-12 South name in their house would be the tops.

Michigan.
A solid victory on the road against a top tier team means the buffs have turned the corner and can play with anyone.

Voted Oregon because I just moved back from living there for 8 years; I know a lot of Duck fans and I have been waiting to talk **** to them for 5 long years now.

I would like to see CU take Michigan to the wire. It creates a buzz about where the program is headed locally and can help put some butts in the seats. Take home a W from USC and it sends a message to other programs in the conference about where the program is headed.

For any of it to matter, a bowl game has to be made.

this is a tough one. my heart says crushing usc would be the best, but an early season upset of michigan gets us back into the dialogue of relevant programs sooner.

Voted SC. A win at meatchicken would be great but we need to win against the Pac to show recruits that things are improving.

I vote Michigan - will be there with my brother - in - law who is a Michigan fan, so be great to rub it in. Also, I cant stand Harbaugh - cheating bastard if you ask me.

I voted USC....we have got to start competing with them in the Southern division at some point.....a win this year would go a long way on the recruiting trail with the increase in aggressive recruiting we are seeing

Best for the program/team this year? That's easy: Michigan, for all the reasons everyone has already articulated.

Which one do I want most? USC.

I'm building NU level of hate for them. They are the best in our division (until we knock them off). They wear red. And I have to deal with too many of their dueschenozzle alumni around here.

Best for the program/team this year? That's easy: Michigan, for all the reasons everyone has already articulated.

Which one do I want most? USC.

I'm building NU level of hate for them. They are the best in our division (until we knock them off). They wear red. And I have to deal with too many of their dueschenozzle alumni around here.
Every SC alum I've ever worked with has been a world class dueschenozzle. FACT.

I vote for SC. As mentioned by others, they're generally douches and it would help recruiting in Cali.

If we had higher expectations for the team, like conference title, I would support CU over Michigan....go blue, I mean, go buffs!!!

Oddly enough, unthinkable just might have a shot at Oregon. WSU went in there and won last year. Why not us this year?
Games like that are slowly emerging from "no hopers" to "it probably won't happen, but could".

Last edited:
Michigan. I was at the hail mary game. I remember my buddy had to pee bad after many a beer. He had been holding it the whole fourth quarter. He couldn't hold it any longer and went to the bathroom right before the hail mary. He missed it. There is moral in there somewhere.

Tough to choose - I'd be happy with any of them. I picked Michigan, because if it happens, its sets a whole new level of expectation and possibility for the entire season.

Just booked hotel rooms for the trip to Ann Arbor. Definitely want to see that upset happen.

Side note: If you are planning on going to Ann Arbor, I would look into making room reservations asap. Reasonably priced hotel rooms are almost all gone.

Last edited:
It has to be USC for the simple fact that C.U. has never beat USC in football.

They rarely matched-up in our non-Pac-12 history, but still, that's a tough stat to have in the record books.

Meatchicken. You beat them and the others become possibles, not vast upsets. Yes, want to knock off USC, Oregon and Stanford too. But nothing trumps being 3-0 and beating Meeeeeshigan to put CU on tv and being talked about nationwide.

Back