What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which player are you most excited to watch next year?

Offense: Rodney Stewart

Rodney is coming off of his freshmen of the year award. He was the most exciting player on offense last season. Rodney was just one guy away from breaking loose. I'm looking forward to Rodney living up to his big play potential, and for a complete recovery from his broken leg caused by Von Miller's illegal horse collar tackle at A&M.

:yeahthat: Without question the brightest spot on the O last season was Speedy prior to being hurt. I look forward to seeing him with an improved O line.

On defense - Burney - I still think people overlook him and I think he's going to have an impressive year.
:yeahthat:Reminds me of another CB who redshirted as an upperclassman due to an injury. Let's hope he can make as impressive a return.

We have probably discussed this in various threads throughout the offseason, but let's hear your choices after Spring ball is done and summer workouts rapidly approaching. One offensive and one defensive player. No exceptions.:smile:

Offense: Simas

Defense: Beatty

Darrell Scott. I was very underwhelmed by his performance last year. I am very anxious to see if his hard work this year will show his true potential on the field.

I guess I was thinking he'd play DE some, but checking the depth chart, he's only listed at LB. I still want to see him in there!

I am surprised we havent seen major move to DE given his size, they had him practicing at inside linebacker prior to his injury though.

Major is an inside backer all the way IMO. It is where he should be. People need to be patient with him though. He'll be a guy who plays mostly special teams this year, with a chance to crack the starting lineup as a sophomore in 2010.

DS and Jimmy Smith. Defense easily would have been Katoa but we all know what happened there... =/ I also do not think Kasa will contribute significantly right away.

He's 225. Is that adequate for a DE?

Brian Orakpo came in smaller, but he did start building right away. IF major really hasnt put on any weight there is no real shot at him moving there.

Last edited:
Brian Orakpo came in smaller, but he did start building right away. IF major really hasnt put on any weight there is no real shot at him moving there.

Given that he was a sprinter this past spring, I'm sure he probably lost weight. Sprinting requires a higher strength:mass ratio than football does and being a big guy is usually a bad thing in sprinting.

We have probably discussed this in various threads throughout the offseason, but let's hear your choices after Spring ball is done and summer workouts rapidly approaching. One offensive and one defensive player. No exceptions.:smile:

Offense: Simas

Defense: Beatty

I don't think excited is the right term for me. On Defense I am interested in Burton - I have been waiting for him to break out for awhile. As a true freshman the coaches said they could not keep him off the field ( like Dizon) but injuries, academics, etc seem to have derailed a promising career. He seems to have put a lot of that in the past so I am looking for him to move up big time.

On offense, Darrel Scott. Five star recruits are suppose to be special. CU just has had bad luck lately and it should change. Scott showed flashes of brilliance at times last year but consistency seemed to undermine him. Unfortunately, I was unimpressed with his spring game performance - guys with that skill level are suppose to dominate in a spring game. I hope he shows his talent come the fall.

Back