1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Recruit on CUs radar would you want most?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by DiggerBuffs, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DiggerBuffs

DiggerBuffs Well-Known Member

There are some that have not committed elsewhere and we still have on the radar. And while others have commits elsewhere, it appears there is a trio of guys that could flip to Buffs:

-Shay Fields (USC): As PRich showed, you need players with dynamic playmaking ability at REC position in this pass happy conference. I believe they got some very solid guys in Lee Walker and Donovan Lee but Fields seems to be a tier above. USC doesn't sound as interested w/ the Sark hire. Swoop in and take 'em.

-Glen Ihenacho (Oregon): Oregon has all the bells and whistles that we are just trying to partially add to CUs facilities. Do we have a shot w/ his big brother in town and a positive influence from him and the staff that coached his brother during his senior year? I hope so, but his offer list is nationwide and VERY impressive.

-David Williams (SJSU): Still has a visit set up for next week. Another smart kid w/o a lot of big offers. To me the Buffs have the recruits that are similar to him. Have very solid starters (and upgrade with Smith back) and a young guy in Thompson that impressed me. Mosley didn't see the field much and after seeing him rattled all freshman year, I don't know if he will make that step up.

Guys w/o commit:
    -Courtland Sutton: While another Safety, he is a tier under Ihenacho but better than Williams and the two we have committed. Solid offer list and again another very tall safety. I like that size in the secondary this staff has sought. There are a lot of DB heads on this staff and our poor and porous pass defense the past 4 years has shown the necessity to throw all hands on deck at it.

There are many others but based off last years team, the main thing we need is Offensive Line help and Defensive Line help. While we return a lot of playing time on offensive line, we lose two starters. We need to upgrade from the guys that departed and get better play from our massive RT. Sometimes he gets beat so badly it is tough to watch when you see what is coming towards the QB. Highly doubtful but would love Au or Larry Allen Jr. Have to have Rodriguez stay committed or else a big drop off if we don't get one of the higher ranked guys.

I believe they have recruited Cali very well and got some guys that weren't getting enough love by big name schools but have big name talent. I see a lot of those guys that were under the radar getting attention and offers such as Franke, Dotson and I believe Mathewes will. I believe it show Mac & staff know what they are doing and not a bunch of Hawkins clones like some jokesters have tried to put out there.

*Just my two cents. Long time netbuffs guy and I write for Ralphie Report but feel this is a great site for Buff discussions after been browsing it for the last two months.*

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

welcome, new guy. Rep for bravely long post. We aren't grantland around here. Usually. :lol:. Gimme Fields and Glen. Hold onto what we got. build for future.

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Fields. Wouldn't complain about Ihenacho, though.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Nice post. A lot depends on how the Rodriguez and Dotson situations unfold.

Only real point of contention is at safety. Nit sure we are gaining anything with Smith returning.

5. White_Rabbit

Totally forgot, but Ballage flipping would be fanfreakingtastic. Mac needs to be working on his Mom until signing day.

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

All in on Fields.

Maybe hold a scholarship for a late JUCO or a transfer

7. DiggerBuffs

I believe Ballage has been looking for a reason to leave CO based off lack of ever really being that into Buffs. He has family ties to CU but unless they can convince him, I don't see it.

With talk on another CO guy in Starks. I just don't think the Buffs ever were really in on Starks. If he hadn't moved to CO to play half a season, he wouldn't even be up for discussion.

8. White_Rabbit

Ballage's mom apparently prefers he stay in state and play at CU. He doesn't agree, but weirder things have happened. I figure the odds of flipping Ballage are probably roughly the same as flipping Ihenacho from Oregon.

9. DiggerBuffs

Yeah, if mom is like that not a surprise. Maybe she won't sign ASU paperwork and forces him to be a Buff like Seau with Buffs and USC.

10. White_Rabbit

We can only hope :devil:

11. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

Starks is not a Colorado guy. He is a transplant who was forced to move here by his mother. After the way CHASSA treated him this year I would expect he is probably pretty bitter at anything Colorado related.

12. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

Give me Fields and keep the vultures away from our current commits.

13. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Get Ballage laid. Have Sacky offer up a bank job. We need that kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Quality post Digger. Welcome aboard.

I would like to see Fields and Ballage. If we get those two and hang on to current commits, I think that would be a very good job by the staff.

15. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

If they somehow land Ballage then we have better recruiters than we think. That or mom prevailed......

16. DiggerBuffs

My take is keep current class which include Rodriguez and Dotson.
    Make Fields switch from USC because they aren't showing same love.
    Land Sutton w/ Pac12 over independent.
    Get a whoa we needed and wanted that in Ballage, Au or someone else we haven't heard much from.

17. pcbuff

pcbuff Club Member Club Member

Add Fields. Keep Rodriguez.

18. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

Ballage and keep Dotson. Land Fields. We need 2 of those 3 or are class goes from below average rankings with lots of project able guys to a straight ranking of a non BCS qualifier type class.

19. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

I want them all..... Ya never know who will emerge the star. Attitude and effort.... "Sweat in, Sweat out"

Come to Boulder and help us rebuild this program fellas!

20. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We can't take all of them. Not even most of them actually.

21. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

Alright, then I will settle for those that exclusively agree to join the CU Buffs. :lol:

An opportunity granted by a solid staff, with a demonstrable track record of success! :nod:

22. DavisBuff

DavisBuff Club Member Club Member

Number 1 priority hold onto Rodriguez and Dotson.
    Number 2 Fields
    Number 3 Flip Ihenacho, Louisi or Ballage

23. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Sam Jones. Fields, and Gaines.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  24. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Did not know what other thread to throw this thought on, or if it has been mentioned. Being in so many battles for recruits with Boise, the coaches can us this pitch. Boise can win every game and will struggle to be mentioned in the top 4/6 teams vying for a position for a national title. CU wins every game and we are in the title game. CU's scheduling and conference leads to that, something Boise can not offer.

25. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Keep Dotson and Ridriguez. Go all in on Jones, Ballage and Fields. Maybe keep up with Ihenacho if they still think there is a shot.

26. schubeal

schubeal Club Member Club Member

Well right now if Boise says they can win every game it's a legit pitch. On the other hand if CU says that...:rofl:

27. DrunkRalphie

DrunkRalphie Well-Known Member

That would be incredible.

28. DiggerBuffs

I think that should be the goal though and rather than just saying, let's try to win enough games to make a bowl game, let's prepare ourselves and try to win 'em all is a great thing to hear as a recruit (and fan).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  29. OkieBuffster

OkieBuffster Member

Have been following on this site, but have never posted. I'm going to go with:

Dream scenario

Kalen Ballage - Athletes like him are how programs are turned around.
    Shay Fields - More speed and athleticism.
    Glen Ihenacho - He would be a huge get.
    Marcus Griffin - A stud on the DL.
    Brayden Lenius - Might end up being the best of the bunch.

More likely

Brayden Lenius
    Shay Fields
    Courtland Sutton

If Ballage, Ihenacho, Fields and Lenius all wanted to come I would take them and hash out the spots later, whether that meant greyshirting a couple of people or "running" a couple of people off (in a nice way of course). Griffin would be the longest of longshots right now.

30. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

A thread about recruits has introduced two new Allbuffs recruits!

I am not as in tune with individual recruits as many, but I just want as many studs up front on O line and D line as possible. Everything else can fall into place after that.