What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which would fire you up more: hoops win over Baylor or football win over Washington?

Which win would have you going more nuts?

• CU Football beating Washington

Votes: 70 83.3%
  • CU Basketball beating Baylor

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I think we can pretty much all agree that a football win over Washington would be "bigger". It would be a BFD for recruiting, a milestone in the program's development this year, and re-ignite the talk of possibly making a bowl game. Whereas for basketball, we could lose tonight and still have every single goal set for this season well within reach.

But I'm asking more about your own emotional investment in the games. Which win would more make you want to set your couch on fire?

P.S. **** bailer

If the Buffs win tomorrow I may not make it out of Husky Stadium alive. I will be so fired up, the Buff gear is laid out already and I am pumped up. A win here in Seattle would be absolutely huge.

would love to see the FB win, but I effing can't stand bailer and a win against the lying, cheating, murdering bible thumpers would make the weekend.

No question ... beating Bailer in hoops. Reason ... while a win over the Huskies on the gridiron in Seattle would be as electrifying as it is unlikely, a win over them would be seen as a fluke, and justifiably so. A win over the Waco Whackos would affirm what we all hope for and expect of this team.

Plus ... it's BAILER ... duhhh.

Last edited:
I'd love either, but a neutral court win over ****bailer in basketball has been done recently, so it wouldn't be nearly the boost to the program that a football win over UDub would be.

Frankly, I'll be disappointed with a basketball loss, while as long as the football team doesn't shut down, I'm good. A win would be incredible.

Football. If we beat washington we might be able to win 2 of our last three and get a bowl game. A bowl game in MikeMac's first year would be huge.

Football. If we beat washington we might be able to win 2 of our last three and get a bowl game. A bowl game in MikeMac's first year would be huge.

A win over a program that's not a complete doormat would be huge.

Football - Difference is I expect a good game and expect to kick some bailer ass (even on the road)......I can't recall the last time I expected our football team to beat anyone of substance on the road

A win at UW would be much more meaningful.

But(t) **** bailer.

Last edited:
Not close for me. At this point, I'd rather the basketball team win. Football isn't going anywhere this year.

Baylor is ranked a higher than us, but it wouldn't be a huge upset if we won. Beating a team giving us 28 points would be huge, would signal a turnaround in Boulder and give us a better shot at a bowl game.

Safe to say this remains a football year, despite the strides we've made in basketball and with football not doing so great. (although in a better state than last year)

football because it would be completely unexpected... basketball would not be surprising

A loss to Baylor in basketball would be recoverable. A (unlikely) win at Washington would really give us a boost with recruiting, and help us turn this thing around.

Football, those boys could use a win on the road over a quality team and would change the conference's perception of CU.

I wonder if they conducted this same thing with the students what they would say. I'm guessing Bball.

The new CU fans are going to be BB fans first, football second if we don't start winning. I don't want CU to be the next KU. I want CU to be the next (insert power at both, with FB a minor edge among fans).

Which would fire you up more: hoops win over Baylor or football win over Wash...

Football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which would fire you up more: hoops win over Baylor or football win over Wash...

Football

A win on the road over UW would be massive for the program. It would give the coaches tangible progress at CU for the recruiting trail and it would be a huge confidence booster going forward to steal a couple more wins this year, and with that would mean we have a real bowl game shot this year.

Back