What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who are your top 3 CU football players and why?

mark hatcher: mac's fist option QB
darian: well, ya know
ben kelly: great college player. threat to go all the way every time he touched the ball

hm: chad brown; tiger bussey;and my first fave ever player...the underrated tony reed (beat OU in my first CU game at Folsom and had a 1000 yard season in the Nfl).

Last edited:
I'll go with my favorite three from my era.
Marcus Stiggers - from my neck of the woods; I have a soft spot for guys shorter than me; great deep threat
Dan Graham - Mackey Award winner and all-around badass
Ben Kelly - I still have his #1 jersey; Folsom was electric every time he went back to return a punt, just anticipating what was about to happen

I want to change my list.

DH
Big Al
Ben Kelly

BK was a special special player. Also the guy I knew with two cell phones so not to get in trouble with the ladies.

Early pimp gets the perm.

Only 3?

It's hard to go against Hagan (never lost a Big 8 game at QB), Bieniemy (greatest RB in CU history and leader of title team) and Alfred Williams (best defensive player in the Big 8 during his era).

But, man, there have been so many.

I'd almost rather go by position for this and pick favorite guys at each spot.

Those are my 3 as well, although it's tough to leave out guys like Chad Brown, Mike Pritchard, Greg Biekert, Ted Johnson, Joel Steed, Chris Naeole, Deion Figures, Kanavis McGhee, Dan Graham, et al.

Brian Cabral - the reason I am a Buff
James Garee - Great young man
Tiger Bussey - Best Buff heart I have ever seen

By the end of his career at CU, OC Oliver wasn't even on the traveling squad. Yet he represents the beginning of the resurgance of CU football in the late 80's. Anybody know what he's doing these days?
Not sure where he is (Plati probably knows if you are really interested, he keeps us with a bunch of the former players), but his nephew (Jarrell Oliver) is playing RB at Utah.

By the end of his career at CU, OC Oliver wasn't even on the traveling squad. Yet he represents the beginning of the resurgance of CU football in the late 80's. Anybody know what he's doing these days?

To be fair to him, if I remember correctly OC suffered an injury that had a big impact on his ability to perform.

To be fair to him, if I remember correctly OC suffered an injury that had a big impact on his ability to perform.

I think it was an ACL and at the time these were pretty devistating to the players ability to come back. He was never the same no matter what the injury was.

[video=youtube;_1Nkfc85kYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Nkfc85kYc[/video]

Alfred Williams - the guy was the coolest guy on campus. So mellow, so funny and totally approachable. And he was a bad ass on the field.

Bruce Jones - Went to college late (mid twenties) and was nicest guy on the team.

Wow. Tough one. Gonna go top 5 instead.....

Chad Brown
EB (neb rain game)
Chris Brown
Big Al
Cabral

Ted Johnson, Greg Biekert, Charles Johnson (the WR), in no particular order.

Bienemy
Hagan
Salaam.

All three were absolutely dominant. The best players at their position. And a ton of fun to watch, to boot.

Bienemy
Hagan
Salaam.

All three were absolutely dominant. The best players at their position. And a ton of fun to watch, to boot.

Hell, make it 8.... Can't leave Salaam off this list! Maybe the most fun record breaking play of all time! Was for me.....

Hell, make it 8.... Can't leave Salaam off this list! Maybe the most fun record breaking play of all time! Was for me.....

"Salaam down the sideline, HES GOT 2000! One man to beat." Best play call too

You are wrong if DH is not on your top three. This never gets old. Option football baby!

[video=youtube;fBLDasZ0m6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLDasZ0m6o[/video]

Whizzer White: two-way player All American, Rhodes Scholar, from Colorado......Joe Romig: two-way player All American, Rhodes Scholar, from Colorado....Nate Solder, 3.4 GPA, All American from out of nowhere, Colorado, 6'8" 305 lbs, 5% body fat, becomes starting LT for HoF QB in NE in his second year in the League.

I have a bias in favor of real STUDENT-athletes from CO.

Whizzer White: two-way player All American, Rhodes Scholar, from Colorado......Joe Romig: two-way player All American, Rhodes Scholar, from Colorado....Nate Solder, 3.4 GPA, All American from out of nowhere, Colorado, 6'8" 305 lbs, 5% body fat, becomes starting LT for HoF QB in NE in his second year in the League.

I have a bias in favor of real STUDENT-athletes from CO.

Jim Hansen was also a Rhodes Scholar (from Seattle) who played on the Natty team and went on to get a PhD in physics from Oxford. Dr. Hansen deserves mention alongside Romig and White.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back