What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who Do I Root For?

CUFan

Welcome back
Club Member
Nice to see Berglund has such a passion for CU football.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_15509967

I would love to see this kid on the field for us some day, but given his affinity for our current coaching staff does that mean I have to root for Hawk this year?

If Hawk is gone, will we lose Berglund? Or maybe Kiesau remains and he stays committed?

More alarming, did I just find a reason to root for Hawk?

I would love to see this kid on the field for us some day, but given his affinity for our current coaching staff does that mean I have to root for Hawk this year?

If Hawk is gone, will we lose Berglund? Or maybe Kiesau remains and he stays committed?

While I don't have a lot of faith in the current coaching staff, I'm still rooting for the Buffs.

Are you telling me that you are worried about rooting for the buffs this season? WTF is wrong with you?

IMO, Berglund is pretty solid. Even if there is a coaching change, I think he will stay. JMO.

IMO, Berglund is pretty solid. Even if there is a coaching change, I think he will stay. JMO.

This is all I really wanted to read. I would hate to lose a kid that seems so committed.

Of course I am rooting for the buffs. I am probably more optimistic about this year than most. But I am also loathing the thought of hearing Hawks BS beyond this season. However, winning cures all!

If Alec Burks couldn't get Steve McLain the HC Basketball job, I don't think an unsigned verbal commit recruit will have much impact on the AD's decision as to whether to keep Hawkins or fire him. As was the case when Boyle got the job instead of McLain, whoever does get hired will immediately meet with any verbal commits to solidify their commitments.

I'm not concerned.

Are you saying that if Hawkins somehow repeated the 2001 magic that you would be unhappy because your hatred is that deep? You come across as though you are rooting for the Buffs to have another bad year so you can get your revenge. That's insanity.

If firing Hawkins is more important to you than seeing the Buffs succeed, I don't know what to say.

Are you saying that if Hawkins somehow repeated the 2001 magic that you would be unhappy because your hatred is that deep? You come across as though you are rooting for the Buffs to have another bad year so you can get your revenge. That's insanity.

If firing Hawkins is more important to you than seeing the Buffs succeed, I don't know what to say.

As I wrote, winning cures all. If by some act of God he repeated the 2001 magic I would think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, I think the likelihood of that happening is pretty low. Therefore, there is a good chance he is gone and I would prefer not to lose Berglund.

I will admit I do probably have an irrational distaste for Hawk. But I could certainly learn to love him if all of the sudden thing popped.

At this point in the game, it's impossible for me to see how those two items are separate. Firing Hawkins is THE KEY to seeing the Buffs succeed.

If Alec Burks couldn't get Steve McLain the HC Basketball job, I don't think an unsigned verbal commit recruit will have much impact on the AD's decision as to whether to keep Hawkins or fire him. As was the case when Boyle got the job instead of McLain, whoever does get hired will immediately meet with any verbal commits to solidify their commitments.

I'm not concerned.

^^That^^

I like Berglund and really hope he sticks around regardless of our coaching situation, but at the end of the day a bad HC can hurt you far more than a good QB recruit can help you.

At this point in the game, it's impossible for me to see how those two items are separate. Firing Hawkins is THE KEY to seeing the Buffs succeed.

I'm halfway with you on this. I think either Hawkins's system finally coming together, or replacing Hawkins with someone who can win, will the the key to making this a successful year. I would rather us be successful this year and learn that "Dan Hawkins really is a good football coach." However I'm not expecting this.

I am not super optimistic about this year, but I am 100% behind our team and really hope that we do well. I am not 100% committed to supporting every bonehead decision that could be (but hopefully won't be) made by our staff during the season.

Back