What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who do you trust to make plays?

You can't forget the best playmaker of all...Darragh Mother F**king O'Neill!! The greatest Buff since John Torp.

You can't forget the best playmaker of all...Darragh Mother F**king O'Neill!! The greatest Buff since John Torp.
I dunno, I was friends with Torp. and I remember Torp being our MVP against mother****ing mizzou :cry:

I'm not gonna slam Hartigan on that long run by their qb. Josh diagnosed the play and took the proper position by being on the outside shoulder of the runner -- his job then was to force the play back inside where he should have had help (in theory). His only issue was that he was basically standing flat-footed and couldn't react in time to the cut. I would hope this is something that's correctable.

After watching the Hawaii game, the only guy I think they can truly count on at this point in the season is the punter.

I'm not gonna slam Hartigan on that long run by their qb. Josh diagnosed the play and took the proper position by being on the outside shoulder of the runner -- his job then was to force the play back inside where he should have had help (in theory). His only issue was that he was basically standing flat-footed and couldn't react in time to the cut. I would hope this is something that's correctable.
Seemed like in the second half they corrected that issue and Moniz wasn't able to run but we still couldn't tackle for ****.

Not sure where this is coming from. Game after game, Speedy just gets the job done. He quietly rushed for over 1300 yards last year, he accounted for over half of our offensive yardage at Hawaii...let me say that again, he accounted for OVER HALF(nearly 2/3) of our total offensive production. Speedy not only deserves the trust, but also has the performance numbers to back it up.

Maybe I was a bit hard on Speedy. I view him as a guy who over the course of a game can be counted on to play hard and produce some numbers, but I don't see him taking over games as a "playmaker."

LBs couldn't get off their blocks, Obi bit on the play fake and was standing 3 yards deep in the backfield, and Polk bit up on the run, didn't realize the play was dead, and stood there while Moniz took off.

Hartigan did his job by staying in his rush lane, maintaining the edge and forcing Moniz inside. He almost made a great play, but it's not his play to make if the QB has that much space to step up into.

LBs couldn't get off their blocks, Obi bit on the play fake and was standing 3 yards deep in the backfield, and Polk bit up on the run, didn't realize the play was dead, and stood there while Moniz took off.

Hartigan did his job by staying in his rush lane, maintaining the edge and forcing Moniz inside. He almost made a great play, but it's not his play to make if the QB has that much space to step up into.

Agreed. And since you brought it up, the Buffs were in a blitz with the db's focused on the receivers/routes. No one in the d-backfield even know Moniz was on the run until he was about 30 yards past the LOS.

IMO, what cost us the Hawaii game was line play on both sides of the ball. The O line decided to actually block for a short while during the 3rd quarter against Hawaii, and our skill players responded with a couple TD's. Stewart, Hansen, and PRich did some damage during that brief spell when our OL quit trying to back up and sit on them.

The DL got some pressure on Moniz, but it was an undisciplined mess most of the game. Interior linemen kept running around the outside freeing up running lanes in the middle. They started staying in their lanes and looked decent for a little while, and then our outside guys started blowing their contain duty and letting him squirm out around the edge.

Where we really need someone to step up (besides the entire line on both sides of the ball) is at safety. Spotty safety play cost us at least 2 TD's this week by my count. PAC OC's LOVE picking on safeties. We'll see alot of seam and post routes and we really need someone to step up and keep us from getting worked over the middle.

I dunno, I was friends with Torp. and I remember Torp being our MVP against mother****ing mizzou :cry:

Friends with a CU Buff punter??? Uh oh... You're stealing somone on this boards spotlight! :smile2:

Back to the topic at hand, ummm I wanted to say Perkins, but like was mentioned earlier, his injuries may have gotten the best of him. He has definitely lost a step. No big mistakes that I really saw, but watching him he just seemed slow.

Last edited:
Speedy and p-rich on offense.

Defense? With cabral as LB coach, you'd think major would have been a stud like dizon by now. Don't know if he's being tenative because of the knee or what but he needs to step up. Rippy looked good.

I tried to ignore many people saying we didn't have enough playmakers and I don't want to base this after one game but damn, was I mistaken.

Back