What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who do you want to see at OC?

Hal Mumme. or whoever the coach wants. Preferably someone with Louisiana/TX connections...

Stitt - that guy will setup Colorado recruiting like we've never seen before. I realize that you can't built a BCS team off Colorado - but CU better be getting the best players in state to stay.

That, combined with what appears to be a very, very good reputation and a play caller and offensive architect

I'm fine with whoever MacIntyre wants to bring in. I just hope he's given the resources to get his first choice. I get that people have talked themselves into seeing Stitt as the only option, but there are lots of options, and very few of us had ever even heard of Stitt before a few weeks ago, so I'm not terribly concerned if he's not brought in.

I would love to have someone like Stitt on the staff, but Stitt as OC looked much better to me when it looked like we might have a HC with BCS experience. Lacking that, I'd love to see us get a coordinator with BCS experience.

Other than that, I'm good with whoever McIntyre wants, and make sure we give him the budget to go get him.

His current OC is young and well though of. I'd be open thought to Stitt or the guy at Texas Tech for sure.

Chuck

MarkReeds warned on Twitter that if Kliffsbury becomes the new TT HC, A&M's Sumlin could go after Stitt.

NewMac had the 9th best passing attack at SJSU...he can hire whoever he wants.
Yes and no in my opinion on that. Of course he is the HC and should have the final say, but, he is used to working w/ shoestring budgets and lower-tier coaches. Not sure how strong his network is with big time BCS programs.

If he needs it, would love for Bohn to help or to get him help in reaching out to big time coordinators like Neal Brown from TT

MarkReeds warned on Twitter that if Kliffsbury becomes the new TT HC, A&M's Sumlin could go after Stitt.

Stitt's first choice is to stay in Colorado - so that doesn't worry me a ton, assuming Mac wants him

I get that Stitt loves Colorado but coaching the Heisman trophy winner in Johnny Football plus A&M getting big time players in Texas due to being in the SEC would be difficult to turn down.

I get that Stitt loves Colorado but coaching the Heisman trophy winner in Johnny Football plus A&M getting big time players in Texas due to being in the SEC would be difficult to turn down.

My understanding is that he's been turning down those offers for years.

I think McIntyre will have to give Stitt some serious consideration. He's still a young guy, too.

Someone with experience at the D1 and preferably BCS level. Stitt is a nice guy but I have not interest in him until he gets experience further up with better athletes and opposing defenses. ALso, could care less about Colorado recruiting. There are 8-10 really strong D1 candidates each year in colorado and we get 1-2 normally. We are never going to get half or more of them because kids want to go out of state or play in different leagues etc. I think this part has been overstated by the media (who locally seem to lack strong knowledge of sports outside of colorado) and also has been misrepresented. In CA or Tx you can have lots of in state kids because there are 200 or more really solid D1 players every year from that state.

I hope we see a staff that has diverse experience but a solid base of recruiting and coaching experience in CA and the west coast. Most important is solid experience at higher levels of football.

Someone with experience at the D1 and preferably BCS level. Stitt is a nice guy but I have not interest in him until he gets experience further up with better athletes and opposing defenses. ALso, could care less about Colorado recruiting. There are 8-10 really strong D1 candidates each year in colorado and we get 1-2 normally. We are never going to get half or more of them because kids want to go out of state or play in different leagues etc. I think this part has been overstated by the media (who locally seem to lack strong knowledge of sports outside of colorado) and also has been misrepresented. In CA or Tx you can have lots of in state kids because there are 200 or more really solid D1 players every year from that state.

I hope we see a staff that has diverse experience but a solid base of recruiting and coaching experience in CA and the west coast. Most important is solid experience at higher levels of football.

If we were USC, I could see saying to let the guy prove himself at aTm, NCState or Clemson before we hire him. But I think that's an unrealistic examination of where CU is right now.

I'm in Stitt's corner on this one. Dude has a great rep in coaching circles nationally. He'd be great in helping lock down Colorado, while Mac has the west coast connections.

Matt McChesney‏@SixZeroStrengthNote to Coach Mac(new 1), START RECRUITING THE STATE TODAY! GET THE TOP GUYS TO STAY & HELP REBUILD. Do it now!!!
Details Expand Collapse

58mReed Marks‏@reedmarks
@SixZeroStrength #NewMac...meet Bob Stitt.

View conversation Hide conversation

Back