What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who do you want to see coach the OL?

Who is your guy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somebody that can light a fire under our guys collective asses and recruit some. Thats my guy whoever that is.

I'm not sure if Embree is a candidate at all but he wasn't retained by the Kansas Shi**y Queefs.

Dang, maybe it's just me but I prefer the younger coaches that recruits seem to relate to more. Kiesau is the prime example.

I don't mind it too much, I think Johnson is very qualified and has a ton of experience at the assistant coaching level (Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Mississippi State) and a head coach at two schools. I like the move for developing our current talent level.

He is also supposed to be a hell of a speaker which will certainly help in recruiting...from the Illinois State website:

Known for his homespun humor and southern drawl, Johnson is a public speaker in high demand. His interesting delivery style, combined with a keen mind, plays well in the corporate setting, at fund-raisers, in a recruit's home and in the Redbird locker room.

I don't mind it too much, I think Johnson is very qualified and has a ton of experience at the assistant coaching level (Oklahoma State, Oklahoma and Mississippi State) and a head coach at two schools. I like the move for developing our current talent level.

He is also supposed to be a hell of a speaker which will certainly help in recruiting...from the Illinois State website:

Known for his homespun humor and southern drawl, Johnson is a public speaker in high demand. His interesting delivery style, combined with a keen mind, plays well in the corporate setting, at fund-raisers, in a recruit's home and in the Redbird locker room.

Rumor has it: Denver Johnson will be announced.

I like his experience and I think he should be able to help us in Oklahoma/Texas. Heck, he might even help some in Illinois (that's a stretch though). I just hope he is here for a while.

Hmm. Pete Carroll and Mack Brown were born in 1951. I guess kids don't mind playing for those old farts.

I voted for him long before he took the job. Not because I had any inside info or knew anything about him for that matter, but based solely on the fact he is named Denver. Can't go wrong there... if we ever interview anyone named Elway I'll support them too.

Not terribly excited, but I'll definitely support him while he's here.
And with the name of Denver, he can't be too bad...

Back