What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is better match up for us, Brady White or Manny Wilkins?

The Phoenix Met is the second home of Husker fans and in Scottsdale ( a suburb) they even have a Husker fan shop. You see "Big Red" license plates all over town.When I went to ASU in the Dark Ages (70's) in my dorm was and obnoxious Husker fan that kept telling me about there multiple national championships and how ASU would be totally destroyed by them. When Frank Kush beat them in the Fiesta Bowl it was amazing how Bill Frakes vanished from site for weeks. In 1996 I was at Sun Devil Stadium when Nebraska came in #1 in the country and almost got shut out losing by something like 20 points. I had leg surgery that year, but had to walk up the ramp on my crutches since all their fat ass senior fans would not make room on a cart for me. Then I get to my seat and a group of Husker fans roll out a banner saying "Arizonians for Nebraska". I kid you not, they thought they owned the place. After getting beat badly by over 14 points at halftime, one fan told me Tom Osburne had a plan and would destroy my Devils the second half. Yep, us older fans still detest them quite a bit, arrogant fans to the max but they have been humbled a good deal since the fall.
See my man, I knew we had common ground. You are all right by me, hope you stick around.

Here's to a good game.

Dude, it's really simple and you see it on film, reports etc.. They don't tell you to hurt anyone really but they remind you where the injury is. When you go out, you remember that. The thing is, hurting someone is something I never tried to do for the most part. ****ty part was, guys got hurt when you were just playing ball. It's just what it is. Guys that you tried to hurt, didn't happen. Kinda weird like that.
Got it. Thanks dude.

Wilkins has a high ankle sprain, like Sefo's. Protocol is rest and rehab for two-three weeks, just as with Sefo.
Would not be above D-bag Graham's pay grade to play the kid anyway, injury be damned! He's got to find a way to stay in this one.

Last edited:
You're welcome. That doesn't mean I wouldn't try to break your leg though :D. Kidding man.

Now known as "The Luke" Gif.
156081-Better-Call-Saul-Tuco-breaking-AKXu.gif

Moms - can we change Luke's name to Tuco?

Wilkins has a high ankle sprain, like Sefo's. Protocol is rest and rehab for two-three weeks, just as with Sefo.
Would not be above D-bag Graham's pay grade to play the kid anyway, injury be damned! He's got to find a way to stay in this one.
Not that I don't disagree with your take on Graham, but MM would have played Sefo the last 3 weeks if he knew Montez gave him no chance at winning the last 3 weeks. I see it as no different situation. Continue the Graham hate.

Not that I don't disagree with your take on Graham, but MM would have played Sefo the last 3 weeks if he knew Montez gave him no chance at winning the last 3 weeks. I see it as no different situation. Continue the Graham hate.
There was nothing in Montez' Michigan performance to hold much hope for how he would perform against Oregon. That was purely the fact that Sefo was hurt bad enough, he shouldn't be on the field, even if it meant losing the game. After the Oregon game, it was easy to decide to start Montez against Oregon St, and not too much of a debate on him starting again against USC (although I was firmly in the camp Sefo, if healthy, gave us the best chance against the Jimmy Hats).

There was nothing in Montez' Michigan performance to hold much hope for how he would perform against Oregon. That was purely the fact that Sefo was hurt bad enough, he shouldn't be on the field, even if it meant losing the game. After the Oregon game, it was easy to decide to start Montez against Oregon St, and not too much of a debate on him starting again against USC (although I was firmly in the camp Sefo, if healthy, gave us the best chance against the Jimmy Hats).
Agreed. Should have clarified, "the last 2 games".

See my man, I knew we had common ground. You are all right by me, hope you stick around.

Here's to a good game.
Thanks, it looks like from what I have read it will either be Dillion-Sterling Cole (4th string) or Jack Smith (5th string). Cole was a four star in the Scout 300, big arm, but until recently got no reps and then there is Jack Smith, home town hero, a kind of Bobby Boucher in the making. Son of ASU's baseball coach, who to most of us was a perplexing offer since outside of ASU it was all FCS and smaller school that wanted him. From practice it does appear Wilkins is highly questionable and for a mobile QB will at best be forced to operate from the pocket. Funny thing is, Smith appears to be good enough to beat the elite four star kid, more mobile and smart, but is like 6 foot and 160 pounds. Look for a lot of Ballage in the Devil's Sparky package. It would be called the Wildcat, but of course ASU would never label anything with the name of our hated rival, the U of Eh. Two touchdown spread is about right. Going to be very tough for any hope of a win.

Update on ASU's QB situation: http://www.houseofsparky.com/2016/1...eads-first-team-offense-at-wednesday-practice

Don't count out Smith. It is mostly a closed practice and press can only see about 15 minutes. He has been doing fairly well when running the offense in practice from the little that is observed. Its good that ASU likes to run in this situation and of course the Buffs will be stacking the box.

Last edited:
Thanks, it looks like from what I have read it will either be Dillion-Sterling Cole (4th string) or Jack Smith (5th string). Cole was a four star in the Scout 300, big arm, but until recently got no reps and then there is Jack Smith, home town hero, a kind of Bobby Boucher in the making. Son of ASU's baseball coach, who to most of us was a perplexing offer since outside of ASU it was all FCS and smaller school that wanted him. From practice it does appear Wilkins is highly questionable and for a mobile QB will at best be forced to operate from the pocket. Funny thing is, Smith appears to be good enough to beat the elite four star kid, more mobile and smart, but is like 6 foot and 160 pounds. Look for a lot of Ballage in the Devil's Sparky package. It would be called the Wildcat, but of course ASU would never label anything with the name of our hated rival, the U of Eh. Two touchdown spread is about right. Going to be very tough for any hope of a win.
We talked to the Wildcat fans and they said you guys were a bunch of dicks.

Graham is a D-bag due to something you read by sports writers on the East Coast? You should know by now not to trust their bias. For the record, Graham really likes your coach and said this week he is one of the top three in the PAC 12. It has taken five years to have the media question if he is going to stay in Tempe stop, even after he donated $500,000 to the renovation of Sun Devils Stadium. He does not throw players under the bus, the opposite is true, the APR of the football team has increased every year he had been at ASU. You won't hear him trash players like Rich Rod does in Tucson and blow his temper. Pitt was a bad gig, horrible fans, and Chyrst who replaced him has left for Wisconsin pretty fast as well. As for the infamous text message to the Pitt players, it is seldom pointed out that he was not allowed to talk to the players before leaving. Does not matter now, but please give me one example in the PAC were he was a jerk?

We talked to the Wildcat fans and they said you guys were a bunch of dicks.
OK, after the UCLA game last Saturday I was talking to a UCLA band member that said it is the worst place for them to visit by far. So as far as dicks I rest my case. The Bruin band travels to a lot of games in the conference. Then there is the never to be forgotten throwing of water bottles by Rat fans at the Oregon Duck cheerleaders, that resulted in a formal complaint filed? I know the next time they played in Tucson the cheer squad did not even make the trip. Not sure I have ever heard of that type of behavior from any other fan base?

Graham is a D-bag due to something you read by sports writers on the East Coast? You should know by now not to trust their bias. For the record, Graham really likes your coach and said this week he is one of the top three in the PAC 12. It has taken five years to have the media question if he is going to stay in Tempe even after he donated $500,000 to the renovation of Sun Devils Stadium. He does no throw players under the bus, the opposite is true. the APR of the football team has increased every year he had been at ASU. You won't hear him trash players like Rich Rod does in Tucson and blow his temper. Pitt was a bad gig, horrible fans, and Chyrst who replaced booked for Wisconsin pretty fast as well. As for the infamous text message to the Pitt players, it is seldom pointed out that he was not allowed to talk to the players before leaving. Does not matter now, but please give me one example in the PAC were he was a jerk?
Graham certainly arrived at Tempe with a reputation as a mercenary, which probably tarnishes our view of him. Let's face it, we're not exactly looking for reasons to like opponent's coaches, so that's typically an uphill battle.

Also, a few years ago an ASU player clotheslined our kick returner in the most unsporting way. It was really, really bad, and would have resulted in an ejection in the current targeting environment. If I remember correctly, our player had to be helped off the field. When the replay showed in the stadium (game was in Tempe) the offending player and his teammates pointed up at the video screen and laughed. Because it happened on the sideline with the coaching staff, it appeared as if that culture was encouraged from the top.

Where is Ballage? Is he out as well?
He is fine. Its the secondary that is more the issue with our best CB, Orr, banged up some. That also goes for Perry at safety. Those two could be an issue but they might be OK or at least close to healthy and will play. They made some adjustments in the secondary that up helped the performance against Rosen last week, but UCLA skill players at WR are not up to Colorado's level since almost everyone is gone from last year. I think they have found a D-line rotation that is much more effective at getting sacks and putting pressure on the QB. Rosen was killed last week and may not be effectivel for their next week due to injury..

Last edited:
Graham certainly arrived at Tempe with a reputation as a mercenary, which probably tarnishes our view of him. Let's face it, we're not exactly looking for reasons to like opponent's coaches, so that's typically an uphill battle.

Also, a few years ago an ASU player clotheslined our kick returner in the most unsporting way. It was really, really bad, and would have resulted in an ejection in the current targeting environment. If I remember correctly, our player had to be helped off the field. When the replay showed in the stadium (game was in Tempe) the offending player and his teammates pointed up at the video screen and laughed. Because it happened on the sideline with the coaching staff, it appeared as if that culture was encouraged from the top.
We all have instances we can remember but ASU is not a dirty team like the Erickson Era, which had ASU as one of the most penalized teams in D1, with Burfict as the poster child of bad players. Every year the Devils rank in the top ten of least penalized teams. This year we are near the top with the service academies. So, the facts don't support an isolated incident. I doubt any coaching staff condones that type of behavior anyhow if you are honest? Graham does not recruit players like Burfict and is an old school type of coach. Again, the media back East and at places like ESPN have an agenda. As far at targeting, ASU had its first player ejected for that a couple games back. It was not an intentional thing on Marcus Ball's part and he talked about it just this last week. Nobody calls ASU a dirty team like when USC did during the Erickson days.

Last edited:
We all have instances we can remember but ASU is not a dirty team like the Erickson Era, which had ASU as one of the most penalized teams in D1, with Burfict as the poster child of bad players. Every year the Devils rank in the top ten of least penalized teams. This year we are near the top with the service academies. So, the facts don't support an isolated incident. I doubt any coaching staff condones that type of behavior anyhow if you are honest? Graham does nor recruit players like Burfict and is an old school type of coach. Again, the media back East and at places like ESPN have an agenda.
We have our incentives and perspectives as do you. I suspect each is about as honest as the other.

He is fine. Its the secondary that is more the issue with our best CB, Orr, banged up some. That also goes for Perry at safety. Those two could be an issue but they might be OK or at least close to healthy and will play. They made some adjustments in the secondary that up helped the performance against Rosen last week, but UCLA skill players at WR are not up to Colorado's level since almost everyone is gone from last year. I think they have found a D-line rotation that is much more effective at getting sacks and putting pressure on the QB. Rosen was killed last week and may not be effectivel for their next week due to injury..
Then why wasn't he listed in the updated depth charts?

Of all the fanbases I have dealt with in person, ASU takes the cake. U$C was close, Nubs were up there, but ASU wins the douchiest fans ever award.

One example: at the game in AZ when we weren't conference yet, the full CU marching band went to the game. Before the game starts, band gets lined up, starts marching to the stadium. Asshat ASU fan actually pulls his car out of it's parking space and blocks the road with it. To the band. Who the **** does that?

CSEwe fans like to **** with the band, but I'll chock that up to little brother syndrome. But doing it to the visiting band, for a non-conference opponent? Really?

I don't even want to talk about the **** thrown at us and things said to some of the females in the band. You'd think we had a 90+ year rivalry with these asshats.

Of all the fanbases I have dealt with in person, ASU takes the cake. U$C was close, Nubs were up there, but ASU wins the douchiest fans ever award.

One example: at the game in AZ when we weren't conference yet, the full CU marching band went to the game. Before the game starts, band gets lined up, starts marching to the stadium. Asshat ASU fan actually pulls his car out of it's parking space and blocks the road with it. To the band. Who the **** does that?

CSEwe fans like to **** with the band, but I'll chock that up to little brother syndrome. But doing it to the visiting band, for a non-conference opponent? Really?

I don't even want to talk about the **** thrown at us and things said to some of the females in the band. You'd think we had a 90+ year rivalry with these asshats.
Its not close to the water bottle incident with the Duck cheerleaders. As I mentioned, I talked to a UCLA band member that backed me up. ASU is not know as a particularity hostile environment for visiting teams or fans, irrespective of your experience. You can get mugged in the area around the LA Colosseum. Its is usually small college towns like Tucson where the attitude is more extreme. The Phoenix meto area does not live and die on college athletics and many are transplants. Pro teams are #1 and all the things to do with the good weather in the fall. I would guess CU is laid back and too liberal to care about athletics to some degree. Sorry about your experience but in the big picture I question it as the general fan experience?

Back