What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is next?

Don't think Bohn will hire a coordinator. It'll be a HC. Have to think - who is good enough for Solich's money and facility upgrades? I think it's a bigger name than DeRuyter or MacIntyre.

DeRuyter + Stitt at OC...

Many people are assuming that DeRuyter wouldn't bring his current OC with him and would simply be OK with adopting Stitt... Based on first hand experience, I think Schramm (Fresno OC) knows what his is doing. They did finish 108 spots ahead of CU in scoring offense.

Many people are assuming that DeRuyter wouldn't bring his current OC with him and would simply be OK with adopting Stitt... Based on first hand experience, I think Schramm (Fresno OC) knows what his is doing. They did finish 108 spots ahead of CU in scoring offense.

Others have speculated that if D-Root were to leave, Schramm would take over as the head man.

I'm sick of this Jones guy. **** or get off the pot. Sure it's a big decision, but it couldn't be surprise you'd be courted by larger programs.

I'm sick of this Jones guy. **** or get off the pot. Sure it's a big decision, but it couldn't be surprise you'd be courted by larger programs.

For all we know, he's already informed Bohn of his decision. Just because it hasn't gone public doesn't mean that he's actively dragging his feet. Hopefully if he's declined our offer, Bohn is making arrangements to get the next candidate in here for an interview.

For all we know, he's already informed Bohn of his decision. Just because it hasn't gone public doesn't mean that he's actively dragging his feet. Hopefully if he's declined our offer, Bohn is making arrangements to get the next candidate in here for an interview.
If he's declined our offer, I'm hoping he's agreed to wait to announce so Bohn can get another candidate lined up for sure to save face. BJ declines and same time Bohn announces a new coach. Saves face for everyone.

Others have speculated that if D-Root were to leave, Schramm would take over as the head man.

I think he'd make more money as our OC, assuming CU offers DeRuyter a similar staff package. I said 'staff package'... hehehe

Been a favorite of mine for a while. Best remaining option.

One thing I haven't been able to understand is why Craig Bohl has not been mentioned at all. The guy has built a powerhouse at NDSU. Sure, he was the nebraska DC when we beat them in 2002, but apparently him and the bugeaters have a LOT of beef with one another. He's been at NDSU for a long time, and if he wins another championship this year, he will be a very hot commodity. His track record is pretty good, and he recruits and coaches up lesser known kids at Fargo, ND. I honestly would take Bohl over some of the names being thrown out there. After the longshots (Diaco, Strong, etc), I want Bohl.

DeRuyter has been lobbying for the job...I think he will take it if offered. They probably would offer him in the $2 million range.

Conventional wisdom is that Mendenhall is next, followed by DeRuyter. After that? I suppose Diaco could be in the mix. Truth be told, he is my personal favorite anyway.

Is Mendenhall even on the radar? Is that true? I would love it if true. But haven't seen much along the lines of talks.

DeReuyter really seems to want the job if you believe the rumor mill. I know he, MacIntyre, and Mendenhall are not splashy names; but, they're very solid head coaches who are hungry for the next level.

This fiasco with BJ will make us overpay for the next guy. The ROI we'll likely get from any of those 3 is immense. I hope that we've quietly locked in our backup plan for a quick announcement today.

DeReuyter really seems to want the job if you believe the rumor mill. I know he, MacIntyre, and Mendenhall are not splashy names; but, they're very solid head coaches who are hungry for the next level.

This fiasco with BJ will make us overpay for the next guy. The ROI we'll likely get from any of those 3 is immense. I hope that we've quietly locked in our backup plan for a quick announcement today.

Bronco Mendenhall is a name people around the country know - I would consider him a fairly splashy hire.

reed just twitted something about jones looking into the vacancy at FIU (see the coaching search page). So this thread now seems to be very relevant.

I really wanted us to at least take a look at Art Briles, but now Baylor signed him to an extension. Is this situation really that surprising with Bohn at the helm? Not really excited about Jones either, but it seems our options are pretty limited by some weird self imposed restrictions. Bohn is pretty much a joke. I can't believe we're letting him hire another coach.

DeRuyter has been lobbying for the job...I think he will take it if offered. They probably would offer him in the $2 million range.

At this point, would take DeRuyter for 2 million, spread the money around on good position coaches and co-ordinators

Kennedy WR coach
Tui DL coach
Mcgee recruiting co-ordinator

Last edited:
I really wanted us to at least take a look at Art Briles, but now Baylor signed him to an extension. Is this situation really that surprising with Bohn at the helm? Not really excited about Jones either, but it seems our options are pretty limited by some weird self imposed restrictions. Bohn is pretty much a joke. I can't believe we're letting him hire another coach.

By self imposed restriction, do you mean some coaches may not necessarily want to come into this mess?

At this point, would take DeRuyter for 2 million, spread the money around on good position coaches and co-ordinators

Kennedy WR coach
Tui DL coach
Stitt OC
Mcgee recruiting co-ordinator
This is good for me !!

Dmac is suggesting CU's backsups are "spread OC candidates" if we don't get butch. I'm waiting in suspense for his suggested candidates.

Back