1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is the best coach who lost his job this year?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Dec 30, 2009.

?

Who is the best coach who lost his job in 2009?

1. Bobby Bowden - Florida State

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Al Groh - Virginia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Steve Kragthorpe - Louisville

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Mike Leach - Texas Tech

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  5. Mark Mangino - Kansas

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Charlie Weis - Notre Dame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Some good ones on the list. I decided to only include the BCS coaches in the poll options. If you have a mancrush on someone like Tommy West (Memphis), you'll need to vote for "Other". :smile2:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I vote for the Mad Genius. The TT admin are almost as stupid as CU's. I wonder if we can do an even swap.

buffsfan01 likes this.
  3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Good question. Other than Leach you can make an arguement that each of them had outstayed his welcome and was underperforming for the situation. Leach and Mangino both apparently had worn out their welcome with the regents and admin at their schools. I was surprised that Kragthorpe didn't do better than he did at Louisville.

The other question is who is still waiting to be fired. I would be very surprised if we don't get at least one more major one before spring ball starts (and I don't think it will be in Colorado.)