What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is the best team near the halfway point?

Who is the best in the country?

• LSU

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • Alabama

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Oklahoma St.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stanford

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Clemson

• Michigan

• Illinois

• Kansas St.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Georgia tech

• other (please specify)

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Damn-you all are some angry mother ****ers. I will come back when you win a game. You guys know this is an internet tackle football chit chat board and you are supposed to having fun here?

Damn-you all are some angry mother ****ers. I will come back when you win a game. You guys know this is an internet tackle football chit chat board and you are supposed to having fun here?

Not me...I voted for Bama....

LSU is the most impressive ive seen. In the games ive watched, they dont even have to blitz on D and they dominate. If you catch something over the middle, get down quickly or somebody is gonna take your head off. Bama is also impressive but they will dial up more blitzes on you. It's really kind of like 1 and 1a with those two imho.

I voted LSU cuz of schedule so far and I haven't seen much of either team, but did see LSU maul the Florida QB a few consecutive plays. But the good news is we don't have to guess, we'll see them play soon enough. Oddly enough, both LSU and 'bama have open dates the week before, so no excuses.

BTW, BC, this "bigger is better" stadium philosophy just makes you smell like a Texan... the total environment is absolutely important (and yes, I have to believe that).

Colorado is always the best team. Not "most likely to win the MNC," but Colorado is clearly always the "best" team.

I voted LSU, but only because I haven't actually seen Alabama play this year. What I've seen of LSU is damn impressive.

I do love me some SEC football. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be in the Pac 12, and it's clearly the best place for us to be, but they take it to a whole new level in the South.

Nick Saban:
Record 49 - 11 (.817)
Annual salary $5,997,349

Les Miles:
Record 68 - 17 (.800)
Annual salary $3.75 million annually, plus performance bonuses
.817 vs .800 you are splitting hairs at that point - the only important thing will be the record after Nov. 5th

.817 vs .800 you are splitting hairs at that point - the only important thing will be the record after Nov. 5th

More hair splitting, same result. Saban > Miles

Head coach head-to-head
Saban vs Miles: 2-2

2007 LSU 41 BAMA 34
2008 BAMA 27 LSU 21 (OT)
2009 BAMA 24 LSU 15
2010 LSU 24 BAMA 21

BAMA 106 - LSU 101

Winner of 2011 game has huge implications on the comparison.

Back