What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is the guy running this site, and why would anyone pay to join?

He seems to have many 'insiders'
Has DS's weigh in hours after it happened FWIW...
claims many of his 'insiders' will post a lot of scoop-

I might subscribe for 1st month since Buff football is about to really get going but nothing I plan to keep all season long.

Andrew Friedman

Was at Rivals.com, then switched to insiders.com, then switched back to rivals.com - now has gone and started his own website, it appears.

He is well known for being called in the middle of the night, at home, by Gary Barnett and being accused of attending CU practices and publishing information about it on the internet. Problem was - Andrew lived in Arizona at the time. (I assume he still did.) When Andrew told Barnett that he lived in Arizona, so there was no way he could have gone to practice, and then published that information a couple hours later, Barnett didn't believe him.

If I recall, there was also an incident where Barnett referred to him as "Booglet." But I can't remember that whole story.

He does have some good "inside" information. He claims he knows a booster who reviewed Darian Hagan's income tax returns, for example.

Why the hell would anyone care about Darian Hagan's tax returns?

Supposedly while everyone else on CU's staff got a 5% raise for the 2008/2009 fiscal year, Darian Hagan only got a $500 raise.

According to all the Denver/Boulder newspapers - Darian Hagan's salary last year was $88k. The newspapers say that his salary for 2008/2009 is $95.5k.

AZ says that Hagan made $95k last year, and he says this guy who looked at Darian Hagan's tax return told him so.

:shrug:

Would you be a little irritated if you posted "Jake Fischer Scoop" and then your moderator replied, then the next day posted "Jake Fischer SCOOP"?

Supposedly while everyone else on CU's staff got a 5% raise for the 2008/2009 fiscal year, Darian Hagan only got a $500 raise.

According to all the Denver/Boulder newspapers - Darian Hagan's salary last year was $88k. The newspapers say that his salary for 2008/2009 is $95.5k.

AZ says that Hagan made $95k last year, and he says this guy who looked at Darian Hagan's tax return told him so.

If a tax professional reviewed Hagan's tax return and then told AZ what was on it, he should be sued. That's a SERIOUS breach of professional ethics.

What a dirtbag.

If a tax professional reviewed Hagan's tax return and then told AZ what was on it, he should be sued. That's a SERIOUS breach of professional ethics.

What a dirtbag.

I was wondering about that. I don't know what the professional ethics rules dictate regarding accountants, but I don't think they would be much different from an attorney regarding this type of information.

What a dirtbag.

If you look over the board, a couple people pointed that out.

AZ responded that this person had not PREPARED Darian Hagan's tax return but had only "reviewed" it.

Is the guy who reviewed his returns from the future? How was he able to tell what raise he has for this next year?

If you look over the board, a couple people pointed that out.

AZ responded that this person had not PREPARED Darian Hagan's tax return but had only "reviewed" it.

Who else would be in a position to review it except for a tax professional?

Dirt. Bag.

Who else would be in a position to review it except for a tax professional?

Dirt. Bag.

As much as I hate to say this... his banker. But the premise holds. We don't release that kind of information to anybody. You're correct, it's a serious breach of professional/ethical standards.

As much as I hate to say this... his banker. But the premise holds. We don't release that kind of information to anybody. You're correct, it's a serious breach of professional/ethical standards.

Yeah, you're right that they might have access to that stuff too.

Yeah, you're right that they might have access to that stuff too.

Might? :lol:

Looking around my office right now, I have something like 6 federal tax returns. No, I'm not saying who they are and no, I'm not saying how much they made. :lol:

Might? :lol:

Looking around my office right now, I have something like 6 federal tax returns. No, I'm not saying who they are and no, I'm not saying how much they made. :lol:

Dude, you're an insider. Spill it!!:lol::lol: Truthfully though that is ****ed up.

I hate sites and posts like that. What good does that do for the program? If you are a CU fan why would you drag rumors, lies and reputations through the mud like that? And people will pay to contribute? Sad

My feelings exactly. What kind of CU fans wants that kind of scoop/innuendo? I'll never give AZ a dime of my money.

I hate sites and posts like that. What good does that do for the program? If you are a CU fan why would you drag rumors, lies and reputations through the mud like that? And people will pay to contribute? Sad

Well said.

Andrew Friedman

Was at Rivals.com, then switched to insiders.com, then switched back to rivals.com - now has gone and started his own website, it appears.

He is well known for being called in the middle of the night, at home, by Gary Barnett and being accused of attending CU practices and publishing information about it on the internet. Problem was - Andrew lived in Arizona at the time. (I assume he still did.) When Andrew told Barnett that he lived in Arizona, so there was no way he could have gone to practice, and then published that information a couple hours later, Barnett didn't believe him.

If I recall, there was also an incident where Barnett referred to him as "Booglet." But I can't remember that whole story.

He does have some good "inside" information. He claims he knows a booster who reviewed Darian Hagan's income tax returns, for example.

Despite all of that "secrecy" Gary still managed to come up short (unless he got pounded) more than he should have. Prolly shoulda recruited and coached a little better there GB.

Back