1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Is Your #1 Target?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by Goose, Sep 29, 2011.

?

Who is your #1 recruiting target for the Buffs?

1. PG Jerome Hairston

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. SG Javontae Hawkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SF Xavier Johnson

25 vote(s)
    75.8%
  4. SF Richard Longrus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. PG Tyrone Wallace

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Other (Post Who Below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm just curious the temperature of the board right now. Of the five guys who are most commonly being mentioned right now, who is your #1 hope that CU can land?

* PG Jerome Hairston (Virginia) -- PG who is getting raves for his court vision and ability to finish at the rim. The only "pure" point on this list.

* SG Javontae Hawkins (West Virginia) -- A Richard Hamilton-type SG who can get to the rim when necessary but will hit the open J if you give him the chance.

* SF Xavier Johnson (California) -- Silky smooth small forward with potential NBA-level athleticism.

* SF Richard Longrus (California) -- The type of player that is underrated in recruiting, but can lead to some serious wins. Good defender, a glue guy and a "stat stuffer" who does everything well, but nothing spectacularly.

* PG Tyrone Wallace (California) -- The Alec Burks clone out of California could play both the point and the SG positions for CU. He can absolutely light it up offensively.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I went with Xavier Johnson, but I like all of these guys a lot. Ty Wallace would probably be my #2.

To be perfectly honest here, even though those are my top 2, I'll still be dancing a jig if we ended up with Longrus plus either Hairston or Hawkins to go with Scott & Gordon in this class. This is an excellent group that fits extremely well in the Boyle system.

3. Goose

Honestly, this sums my thoughts up as well. If we can somehow end up with 2 of these 5 to go with Scott & Gordon, we have a top 25 class, and all four are players that fit us perfectly.

4. Goose

Thank God no one had voted for Hairston yet.

5. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Certainly agree....2 of these 5 and I'll be ecstatic...otherwise still very happy if we can only land Xavier as I think he'd fit perfectly and tear it up in this Colorado system

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

johnson and wallace are tied

7. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Why?
    Talk to me Goose......

Edit: Oh, nm

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  8. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Johnson. I'm a sucker for the phrase "NBA-level athleticism."