What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your choice for the next CU head coach?

We need Nike like donor. Okay, who's in charge of the sweat pants that say "sexy" and "pink" on the butt? Maybe the timberland president? Maybe walrus can persuade the president of Levi Strauss to start the cash flow rolling?

Fify

Trivia:

The Walrus, Troy Calhoun and Troy Palamalu all attended high school in the same sparsely populated county in Oregon.
If only Air Force Troy had Pittsburgh Troy's hair, we'd have ourselves a coach.

IMO Bellotti underachieved with his UO squads. Will all that Nike cash, and great talent on those teams, only going to one BCS Bowl game during his entire tenure is a little bit of a letdown. There's no reason UO shouldn't have been on the same level as USC in the Pac while Bellotti was their coach.

Unleash Hell in 5...4...3...
I wholeheartedly agree. Bellotti would cost a lot of cash, and I don't think he's a slam dunk for success in Boulder. I always thought those Oregon teams should have been better year in, year out.

my concern with Belotti is at some level may just be happy to cash his checks and enjoy Boulder, Colorado for his 2nd rodeo. and we can't afford a milque-toast effort from the new hire nor can we sustain a massive revenue drain to buy the Belotti "name".

my concern with Belotti is at some level may just be happy to cash his checks and enjoy Boulder, Colorado for his 2nd rodeo. and we can't afford a milque-toast effort from the new hire nor can we sustain a massive revenue drain to buy the Belotti "name".

He does have a distinct Fairbanks aura about him. I agree.

Whats not to like about Bellotti? I mean hes no Calhoun in the hair department but still.....

mikeBellotti.jpg

Better?

John Day?

Did you just spout off the only country in Oregon that you knew off the top of your head, or did you do the research?

Calhoun played for Roseburg. Polamalu played for Douglas H.S. I went to North Douglas H.S. but played for Yoncalla.

Douglas County.

Bellotti just doesn't excite me like he did when his name first popped up.

Hoke is really growing on me. If he beats Utah and runs over UNLV to end the season, I'll really be getting in his corner.

Calhoun just doesn't do much for me on many levels. Not sure if Paul Johnson failing miserably now at GT has anything to do with it.

Richt really interests me, you can argue that top shelf talent just appears at Georgia, but he has done a pretty good job down there. A couple of #2 or #3 finishes along with numerous top 10 finishes. I think he'd be able to top that in the much easier P12.

Mac/EB is growing on me again. Some of the lists of coaches Mac would bring in really do it for me. EB without Mac doesn't do quite as much for me. EB certainly would be able to recruit, but I just don't see it working out as well as everyone thinks it will.

Logan/Kiseau as HC and I'll drive to Boulder myself to burn that mother ****er down.

Al Golden is a solid name that I'd be down to have as HC, but I think he's waiting for the Penn State job, or some other big time east coast job. What he has done at Temple is pretty amazing.

Paul Chryst is pretty enticing. Has some good experience and runs an offense that I think a lot of people would love to see CU get back to. Power running with play action and emphasizing the TE.

My personal wish for HC? Bud Foster. If we could somehow bring that guy out here, that'd be so awesome. That said, I don't think he's leaving Beamer unless it's Beamer retiring and moving over for Foster to take over.

If Mac ends up getting it and he can get us back to winning 8 games a season before he hands the keys over to the next guy then I see this being a future 30 for 30 special. Has all the makings for it.

We need Nike like donor. Okay, who's in charge of the sweat pants that say "sexy" and "pink" on the butt? Maybe the timberland president? Maybe walrus can persuade the president of SUPERCUTS to start the cash flow rolling?

We already live in idiocracy, Syko. There is no other way to explain Sarah Palin.

I wholeheartedly agree. Bellotti would cost a lot of cash, and I don't think he's a slam dunk for success in Boulder. I always thought those Oregon teams should have been better year in, year out.

I agree with both of you. Oregon made a nice little turn around in the '90's and have sustained it. But as of yet what do they have to show for it? Maybe this year is their year, who knows.

I also don't get the feeling Bellotti would be to invested in Boulder.

Hello all, long time reader and v-card poster. I know Les Miles and Richt are LONG SHOTS, but have they been totally ruled out? I think either one could still come if, in Les' case, he still gets hate for not being Nick Saban, and / or winning an NC w/o Saban's players. GA would be foolish to fire a guy who wins 10 a year in the SEC, but it sounds like they might?! Why can't the AD and boosters make it happen? I know it will cost a ton to buy out Dan and staff and bring in Miles and staff, but won't 15-25 mill per year eventually pay for it? Especially if we get in the top 25 immediately? It's just frustrating!!

More realistic:
What about Bret Venables DC at OU, or
Will Muschamp DC at UT?

I know Muschamp is HCIW at Texas and the Defense looks awful this year, but he is in my top 10.

Thoughts?!

Geoff

Did you just spout off the only country in Oregon that you knew off the top of your head, or did you do the research?

Calhoun played for Roseburg. Polamalu played for Douglas H.S. I went to North Douglas H.S. but played for Yoncalla.

Douglas County.
I had a project there. Its in about as middle of nowhere as I could come up with. :lol: I was going to guess Redmond as well.

We need an ultimate coaching competition, similar to the ultimate hottie competition.

Pick a field of 16 coaches. Put them into four four-team brackets and have them go head to head.

Great. Our coaching search would take 9 months and never actually get finished....

OTOH, Minka Kelly would look hot in black & gold.... :woot:

Eh, nobody gets me real excited about Buff football except Mac. The others have lots of question marks and lots of risk. Mac loves the school, is a great recruiter, hires great assistants, but has one thing going against him as far as Bohn is concerned. he is wildly popular with the Buff faithful. Which means he would have a higher profile than Bohn and lots of power around there. I don't think Bohn will hire him for that reason. even though, if Mac failed, I think Bohn could keep his job, becasue he choose the popular option. He goes with someone else and they fail, Bohn is out of a job anyway. The other thing against Mac is that I think Bohn wants to put a stamp on his resume of hiring a up-and-comer that did well. To go to the safe pick with Mac does not do that. I feel he is risking the future of CU football and althletics in general just to try to make himself look good.

Short of a pie in the sky guy (like Gruden), I think you gotta make a hard run at Malzahn. His performance is just far too impressive to ignore. He's 45 years old - just hitting his prime. Wait any longer, and he is outside of CU's league. He may already be outside of our league, but I think we have to make a hard run at him. Sure there are risks, but the upside is huge. I think he is well worth the risk. I just read Mandel's list of candidates, and Malzahn is the one that jumps off of the page to me.

Last edited:
Back