What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your choice for the next CU head coach?

seriously, Klatt is an unhappy man. To the point of being rude to CJ today.

I thought that last caller made some really good points, about the committee, about the merging of the academics and the donors, etc.

I think that CJ, etc. is more in tune. The committee is NOT going to make the selection. But the committee is going to be involved in the review and "flushing out" process of getting to the final choices. I don't think there's any problem with that.

I thought that last caller made some really good points, about the committee, about the merging of the academics and the donors, etc.

I think that CJ, etc. is more in tune. The committee is NOT going to make the selection. But the committee is going to be involved in the review and "flushing out" process of getting to the final choices. I don't think there's any problem with that.

JK is livid that there isn't a football guy on the committee. I'm sure that Bohn has "football guys" available to bounce things off of.

probably would love to hire mac, except for the fact that he is in the running for the job...

Here's my updated list:
1. Don Treadwell-went to Youngstown State, known for great coaches, coached under Jim Tressel, created an awesome offense at Ball State, has PAC experience at Stanford, recruiting connections in fertile Ohio, and has the Michigan State offense playing damn good football. He did well with Dantonio out.

2. Paul Chryst-The Wisconsin offense speaks for itself. Coached with Oregon State and the Chargers as well.

3. Al Golden-Only forty-one, can keep us connected to the East Coast recruiting wise. Has played big-time football, has been a d-coordinator, and has turned Temple around. Downside is the likelihood to bolt, but if he bolts---it means we'll be in a better position than we're currently in now.

4. Eric Bienemy-Passion. It's a risk, but if it works out, he could be here for years.

5. Mac-I think he can put together a good staff and right the ship in a few years.

6. Brady Hoke-Another person with Ohio connections who has done an excellent job at SDSU.

7. Chris Ault-entire career at Nevada, but has them playing well and is the creator of the current pistol formation and the subsequent craze. West coast connections.

8. Brent Venables-I think he could put together an excellent staff, and has a good pedigree, but the more I watch his teams, the more I notice that his defense is not the most organized unit in the country---but is very talented.

Longshots that I'd love to have-Les Miles, Joker Phillips (longtime UK connections), Mike Price (longshot because he likely wouldn't be hired, not because he would turn us down)
Longshots that could either work out or fail miserably: Randy Shannon, Alex Gibbs, Kyle Shanahan, Mike Hankwitz, Mark Mangino, Mike Leach, Sonny Dykes, Dan McCarney

I don't want Embree or Calhoun.

i don't know why anyone would want Leach now. He is suing ESPN. Good luck getting good press from the world wide leader now.

I gather that Colorado fans still feel that the Head Coach is the problem, and that "the best coach out there" will cause the problem to go away.

Good luck with that. But I hope that those in charge of things there feel differently, otherwise the PAC 12 is about to usher in a new doormat.

The above sounds crass and condescending, but it is not one bit. I'm simply seeing something similar between what you're going through and what Nebraska went through several years ago. The Athletic Director, and his regime, had to be replaced in order to restore some of the effectiveness that the program and fans were used to prior to their taking over.

Maybe CU needs to clean house. An expensive but rewarding thing to do.

1. Paul Chryst, Wisconsin OC - I love that style of play and it would work well in the Pac-12 (see Stanford)

2. Troy Calhoun, Air Force HC- He would be a good hire

3. Eric Bienemy, Viking AC - He is the CU guy I would like to see in Boulder and would hopefully keep Cabral and lean on Mac for help.

on my list in no certain order:

les miles
EB
Mac
Wisky OC.....have to give a hard look at him.

and please, please no TROY CALHOUN!

Paul Chryst deserves some serious consideration. That offense is fun to watch. Plust, at age 45, he is entering the prime of his career and the west coast ties are nice too.

I'll take Brady Hoke for $1.5 million please.

i'd like to see Hoke get some serious consideration and be disappointed if he takes the Minn job and we didn't even try to talk to the guy....I know there was a thread about this but i don't see how Minn is a better job than CU unless one perceives their commitment to athletics to be much greater. they did hire Tubby Smith from Kentucky, we hired Tad Boyle from Northern Colorado....nothing against Tad. but, that is a comparison to think about.

I'm amending:

Tier 1: McCartney, Bieniemy, Miles, Richt

Tier 2: Just about any BCS conference team offensive or defensive coordinator. (Venebles, Chryst, Mustain)

Tier 3: Non BCS guys. Calhoun, Hoke, Sumlin.

I'm amending:

Tier 1: McCartney, Bieniemy, Miles, Richt

Tier 2: Just about any BCS conference team offensive or defensive coordinator. (Venebles, Chryst, Mustain)

Tier 3: Non BCS guys. Calhoun, Hoke, Sumlin.

This is where I'm at too, but who's Mustain - did I miss him? Do you mean Malzahn?

I find it interesting with all the jobs that are opening. Vandy just came open as well as Miami, and it appears that Ole Miss might be open too... with Minnesota not having a coach yet things could get interesting with some of the coaching dominoes that start to fall. Hopefully CU can be proactive and go get a coach they want before he possibly ends up at another job.

Back