What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your favorite current Buff player?

Man, a lot to mention this year...

I really want to see what Clemons does for us this year. I think if Hawkins sticks with one QB and develops some consistency under center, this guy will thrive.

If Rodney Stewart could develop some long speed this year this year to go with his initial quickness, I think he could have a great season. The natural comparisons are to a guy like Sproles at KSU. I don't know of he has that gamebreaking speed but here's to hoping he finds it.

It will be interesting to see how the TE's develop this year. Lots of talent there at a position that traditionally used fairly well at CU: Deehan, Slavin, Clark, Thorton... we're starting to look deeper here.

Probably my favorite positions to watch this year will be some of the young front seven players on defense. I'm really hoping that Majors, Kasa, Forrest, Rippy, Webb can start developing into consistent players for us.

Special shout out to MTM who just keeps grinding away after all these injuries. Gotta love the kids heart.

I have a lot of trouble with this one because we've got such a likable group of guys. Not something I'd normally say coming off a 3-9 campaign.

On offense, I'm going with Tyler Hansen. It's actually rare that I pick a QB. But Tyler's just an exciting guy to watch. On top of that, he has shown great leadership and class during difficult times (losing his redshirt twice in years he was supposed to use it, being involved in musical chairs at his position, getting ripped on the boards and in the press during the losing, the issues surrounding him competing with the coach's son, etc., etc.). Bottom line: very easy guy to cheer for.

On defense: Ray Polk. Seems weird to pick someone who wasn't a starter. But he won me over with the toughness and grit he showed last year when he came back from offseason surgery and then during the year how he played on a broken foot (even on kickoff coverage team). While playing defense for the first time since he was like a freshman in high school, he even led the team in tackles one game. Couple that with NFL-level athletic ability and we're talking about a very special player.

Interesting. So far, allbuffers have named 26 players as "favorites" -- including at least 4 who have not yet played if my weak math skills are correct.
Beatty, Jalil Brown, Castor, Clark, Clemons, Deehan, Grossnickle,
Hansen, C Hawkins, Herrod, Kasa, Lockridge, Major,
McKnight,

MTM, Nate Solder, Polk, Rippy, Ryan Miller, Slavin, Jimmy Smith,
Keenan Stevens, Stewart, Thornton, Webb, Forrest West

For some reason, I see this as an extremely good sign. Maybe we are becoming a team, with a team identity.
We certainly have a lot of contributors, or potential contributors, who each stand out in their own way.

Ray Polk. If he had stayed at RB (which I said he should, thanks Dan - jerk) he'd be poised for a HUGE season this year. He has quietly become one of the more valued members of the defensive secondary, though. You never hear him complaining. He goes out there and does what is asked of him. To me, he's by far the gem of the 2007 class.
2007?

Oops. I was trying to figure out what class he was in. I counted back and forgot that this is 2010. He was in the 2008 class. The same class with a bunch of other guys who were supposed to be all world.

Oops. I was trying to figure out what class he was in. I counted back and forgot that this is 2010. He was in the 2008 class. The same class with a bunch of other guys who were supposed to be all world.
He wasn't even the best rb in that class. :smile2:

I don't have a favorite, and haven't since Dizon & Wheatley graduated.

Solder. Epitome of what we need in a Buff. Hard worker. Big, strong and fast O-lineman. We have always had the most success when we have a dominant running game.

Would have been fun to see him stay at tight end too. How often would a QB get to throw to a 6-9 guy. Who could guard him?

Back