What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who leads the Buffs in rushing this year?

2016 rushing leader?

• Michael Adkins

• Beau Bisharat

• Dino Gordon

• Donovan Lee

• Phillip Lindsay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can't, if you read everything about his recruiting it was clear that he went to a school that would use him at RB. I bet he'd leave if we moved him to LB.
Guys do this all the time. He'll want to play wherever he's for the best shot of moving to the next level.

So don't play your best guy... At all... because he might get hurt. Unless you're saying something different, please tell me.

I'm trying to find where someone said not to play him? I don't think there is any question the guy has talent, and nobody is saying otherwise. The thread is asking who will get the most rushing yards, and Duff is saying his injury history is why he isn't voting him. I think you're trying to pick a fight where there isn't one.

Remember what happened the last time we signed a 4* running back?

We got 2 of them. One wasn't cut out for the position and never took a handoff (Polk) and the other was lazy, had no moves, and left after two unproductive years (Scott). The third running back we signed (Rodney Stewart) a last minute addition and lowly ranked 2* best out Scott from day 1 and is one of our ten best backs in school history.

Don't let the stars get your expectations up.

You can't use anecdotal evidence and treat it like it's the norm. Yeah, some 4 and 5 stars bust. But statistically, they end up being the best over thousands of players. Vice versa for 2* statistically being below average more often than not. There is a reason that these perennial powers have the best teams AND best recruiting classes. Scout, Rivals, etc watch thousands of hours of film for thousands of recruits year after year. I will continue to trust their judgement and be excited for 4 and 5 star recruits instead of taking one off anecdotes as gospel and play the "I told you he was going to be a bust" when one out of ten guys didn't cut it.

Sorry, not trying to pile on here on you personally, I just happen to disagree.

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned earlier.

Lindsay will get a lot of carries because he will be the guy on the field.

Being a RB isn't just running the ball. Lindsay may not be big but he doesn't hesitate to put his nose into the blitzing LB, when asked to carry out a play action fake he hits the hole and hits it hard, he does all the stuff that coaches want to see the RB do when they break down film on Sunday.

It looks like the coaches trust the guy, until somebody either proves that they are just as worthy of that trust or that they are so much more talented that they can't be ignored we are going to see Lindsay on the field and that means he is going to be getting the majority of the carries.

Back