What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who should be the CU head coach in 2010?

Who should be the CU head coach in 2010?

• Dan Hawkins

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Brian Cabral (longtime CU LB coach)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • John Embree (former CU/UCLA Asst. Head Coach)

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Brian Kelly (current Cincinnati Head Coach)

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • Gary Patterson (current TCU Head Coach)

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Kevin Sumlin (current Houston Head Coach)

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Skip Holtz (current East Carolina Head Coach)

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Turner Gill (current Buffalo Head Coach)

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Brent Venables (current Oklahoma Defensive Coordinator)

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Charlie Strong (current Florida Defensive Coordinator)

Votes: 40 23.1%
  • Andy Ludwig (current Cal Offensive Coordinator)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 27 15.6%

• Total voters
Charlie Strong has my vote and helps restore the Buffs D and allows his Florida roots and connections to add speed play makers to our offense .

Here's my problem with Embree - he's been a WR coach at UCLA and now Kansas City for the last 8-9 years, and in that time, none of this squads have produced anything. I like him, he's a good Buff, but are we really all that certain he's a good coach? I'm not convinced.

Here's my problem with Embree - he's been a WR coach at UCLA and now Kansas City for the last 8-9 years, and in that time, none of this squads have produced anything. I like him, he's a good Buff, but are we really all that certain he's a good coach? I'm not convinced.

He primarily coaches the Tight Ends, though he did coach WRs, DEs and Ks some while on the CU staff. I'd say that Daniel Graham's 2001 Mackey Award (CU), Mercedes Lewis' 2005 Mackey Award (UCLA), and Tony Gonzalez's All Pros (KC Chiefs) point to him knowing what he's doing as a coach.

He primarily coaches the Tight Ends, though he did coach WRs, DEs and Ks some while on the CU staff. I'd say that Daniel Graham's 2001 Mackey Award (CU), Mercedes Lewis' 2005 Mackey Award (UCLA), and Tony Gonzalez's All Pros (KC Chiefs) point to him knowing what he's doing as a coach.
either he finds good talent and coaches it well enough that it doesn't go to waste, or he is awesome enough to develop good talent that falls into his lap... either way good with me :smile2:

We're still talking about a guy who has never even been a coordinator. I'd like to see him move a little farther up the chain before giving him the keys to the car.

My list

1. Troy Calhoun, Air Force - He is a heck of a coach, but I think he stays at AFA (voted other for him)
2. Gary Patterson, TCU - they are flat out Championship good this year and have been extremely competitive for a while under his watch
3. Kyle Whittingham, Utah - after the team he had last year and replacing Urban Meyer at Utah, those are two great points in his favor

"I know this, I`m up to the task," Hawkins said. "I know this, our coaches are up to the task. ... I`m going to be here for a long time, and we`re going to get this going. And it`s going to be done right."
96buff. I hope this hasn't been posted already, I don't have the time to read every post made on this site like you.

Rumors of Strong to UVA are going around. Bud Foster the DC for Virginia Tech is another one to keep an eye on imo

Rumors of Strong to UVA are going around. Bud Foster the DC for Virginia Tech is another one to keep an eye on imo

Hmmm. I thought that at this point Foster was going to stay at VaTech with Beamer until the end. Figured it was like Mickey Andrews never leaving Bobby Bowden.

Foster's a great Head Coach candidate if he's looking for it now.

Of the 9 votes cast in Hawkins favor, did any of those voters send e-mails of support to Dan for him to read on his show?:smile2:

Why not? Guaranteed Nutt would know how to build a running game out of the current talent on the roster.
Nutt has a way of leaving the cupboard bare. His recruiting efforts left Arky in a huge hole that they are trying to climb out of. His best recruits to Arky were apparently either legacy recruits or arky from the roots up... That won't fly to well here :huh:

Yeah I remember hearing quite a bit about Nutt and how he's a very good gameday coach, he just isn't much for recruiting. Doesn't like to do it and isn't very good at it.

I'm sure Patterson would love coming here without being able to recruit the same guys he does at TCU. He'd be in for a rude awakening.

We could do worse then Nutt imo. I wouldn't mind Bud Foster
listen to his gameday speeches... replace hawk's goofy positive thinking references with religious or really simplistic ones and he sounds a LOT like hawk... I want someone else plz. :lol:

Back