What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who should we root for/against?

BUFFering

First, we just need to take care of Colorado and go 1-0 each week.

Second, once we've done that who in and out of conference should we be rooting for in order to get the most (trophies, blow) out of this season? Michigan and Little Brother come to mind clearly need to win for SOS purposes. But do we want the Huskies to remain undefeated until the CCG even though we don't play them in the regular season? What about in our division?

Second, once we've done that who in and out of conference should we be rooting for in order to get the most (trophies, blow) out of this season? Michigan and Little Brother come to mind clearly need to win for SOS purposes. But do we want the Huskies to remain undefeated until the CCG even though we don't play them in the regular season? What about in our division?

#4 Michigan plays at Rutgers, their first road game of the year. Needs to be a win for the Wolverines.
CSU has already crapped themselves, they will be no help to our SOS or anything.

All matchups are divisional in the conference this week.

#21 CU at USC
UofA at #24 Utah
UCLA at ASU

CU sits alone in 1st place of the south. So as long as CU wins, the rest doesn't really matter.

We probably want Utah to be as highly ranked as possible for the game at the end of November.

A win by ASU might get them back into the top 25 which would set up a great game at Folsom in two weeks.

I want Utah to beat Arizona and for UCLA to beat ASU. That plus a CU win over USC gets this close to being a 3-team race in the South.

Reactions: SBG
I want Utah to beat Arizona and for UCLA to beat ASU. That plus a CU win over USC gets this close to being a 3-team race in the South.

Why do you want a 3-team race? Let Zona beat Utah and ASU beat UCLA. That's what gives us the best shot of winning the South.

Certainly all North Div teams against South. Still hard to say in South/South, but I'm nearing the point where I'll probably pull for Arizona because I don't think they have a chance.

Just win the game on the schedule each week and let the others beat the **** out of each other. Take care of our business and the rest will work itself out.

Certainly all North Div teams against South. Still hard to say in South/South, but I'm nearing the point where I'll probably pull for Arizona because I don't think they have a chance.

I'm curious about the North/North battles as well even if its only for perception sake. Since we don't play Washington, should we be rooting for Oregon this weekend so that our win regains some luster? Or do we need a top 10 team to keep the conference in the playoff conversation?

I am not really gauging how the SOS matters for football outside of the top teams in preseason contention for the college playoff. I dont see how a preseason unranked team will be in the playoff if it remains limited to 4 teams. The post season in football is bought and paid for by the conferences and the bowl games unlike basketball where a committee ranks the teams for the post season.

I hope they all lose.

[QUOTE="BUFFering, post: 2074814, member: 9724] Or do we need a top 10 team to keep the conference in the playoff conversation?[/QUOTE]
This and if we're a fringe playoff team we need that last solid win in the CCG.

I'm with NorCalBuff, UA will **** the bed a few times, and it seems like UCLA losing is better for us as they're more rounded than ASU.

Jebus. Were not going to be playing for the mNC. Just let it play out naturally as it should. When the dust settles we will all probably get our wish for a bowl game. If you wish for too much you should expect us to lose a lot of our coaching staff in exchange. No want.

Back