What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who should we root for/against?

Jebus. Were not going to be playing for the mNC. Just let it play out naturally as it should. When the dust settles we will all probably get our wish for a bowl game. If you wish for too much you should expect us to lose a lot of our coaching staff in exchange. No want.
You are the biggest ****ing buzzkill, dude. **** outta here with your bull**** and let the rest of us dream of PAC 12 Championships.

You are the biggest ****ing buzzkill, dude. **** outta here with your bull**** and let the rest of us dream of PAC 12 Championships.
In all fairness we could win a Pac 12 Championship and not even sniff the mNC game. What if we end up ranked 5th?

I'm not saying your uncle is your dad, I'm saying your dad is your uncle.

GBR!
So he's the neph-son? Wanting to fight 68 for his sister-wife? And getting a GBR tat right below his mullet?

Has to be a Camaro and a meth lab in this story to make it believable. At least make him rotate the tires on his house.

IMO the magic number is 3 losses to win the South.

I want the North teams to beat the South to saddle them with losses.
USC and AZ already have 2 with more likely to come. I think they're out already. SC has to play at Wash still.

I want Utah and UCLA to each have 3 losses apiece just in case we stub our toe on the road and lose a couple times. The head to head wins here in Boulder would give us the tiebreakers.

I want the Scum-devils to lose every game. Forever.

I want Washington to win every game up until the CCG. First because it adds luster to our Championship and Second because it would be much more painful for their fans to have run the table and be so close - only to have it taken away by the Buffaloes. A little payback for 1999 loss at Husky stadium against the Weasel where I was treated more rudely than I was even in Lincoln in 1990 when Bienemy tore the holers hearts out.

Mostly agree with above, however I do want Oregon to beat Washington...and then only beat the south teams that they play.

I'm not even concerned with Conf Champ game - just 1-0. But I want everyone in the south to be as ****ty as possible...just in case. I think we need to slow our roll with "strength of schedule" stuff. We are still in the early phases of success and need to get what we can. Keep this up for another year, then root for the Pac-12 to be as strong as possible and have the Buffs dominate it.

I also think that if Ohio State runs the table, no way Clemson is getting into the Natty.

IMO the magic number is 3 losses to win the South.

I want the North teams to beat the South to saddle them with losses.
USC and AZ already have 2 with more likely to come. I think they're out already. SC has to play at Wash still.

I want Utah and UCLA to each have 3 losses apiece just in case we stub our toe on the road and lose a couple times. The head to head wins here in Boulder would give us the tiebreakers.

I want the Scum-devils to lose every game. Forever.

I want Washington to win every game up until the CCG. First because it adds luster to our Championship and Second because it would be much more painful for their fans to have run the table and be so close - only to have it taken away by the Buffaloes. A little payback for 1999 loss at Husky stadium against the Weasel where I was treated more rudely than I was even in Lincoln in 1990 when Bienemy tore the holers hearts out.

3 losses is an interesting figure. Only once since we joined the Pac 12 has that been good enough to win a division outright but if there is any year that will be the case, it will be this one in the P12S.

Also interesting is that Football Study Hall also gives us a 64% chance of finishing with a 6-3 record in conference or better. 34% of finishing 7-2 or better. Other South teams' chances of going 6-3 or better according to that:

UCLA: 47%
Utah: 23%
USC: 18%
ASU: 3%
Zona: 2%

That should also give a pretty good idea of who to root for against whom for the time being in intra-South games.

#1 Result Get to a Bowl game period. Win 6 games and eligible. Win 7 and guaranteed.
#2 Result. Win 4 remaining home games. No reason this does not happen. Gets to 8 wins. (6-3 conference.) (could win it)
#3 Result. Result #2 plus win one more conference road game win. (7 -2 conference) Don't care which one. (Will win the conference)
#4 Result. Win the Pac championship game.

Therefore, I want the north to beat the south every game. (Each team plays 4 north teams 2 on the road.) Don't care what the names are. Except of course the Buffs. Don't care about SOS Blah Blah

Go Buffs

Last edited:
In all fairness we could win a Pac 12 Championship and not even sniff the mNC game. What if we end up ranked 5th?

We could run the table, winning each of our games by an average of 20+ points and we still wouldn't be in the playoffs. Why, you ask? Because ****ing Dr. Tom is on the playoff committee, idot.

No, I'm just a Buff fan from the last decade.

I've seen mNC seasons and Heisman runs in the early 90s. Back when we were high as a kite after EVERY game and ranked in the pre season EVERY year. I've lost track of how many times I saw coke on a hookers ass. After crashing and watching it all burned to the ground I've learned to temper things and take it way day at a time. The pieces sure look like are there for a repeat of that era. But we gotta keep our assistants. Namely Leavitt.

We could run the table, winning each of our games by an average of 20+ points and we still wouldn't be in the playoffs. Why, you ask? Because ****ing Dr. Tom is on the playoff committee, idot.
He would vote a 7-6 Georgia Tech 4th instead of a 12-1 Buffs.

I have a hard time rooting for anyone other then my BUFFS. **** them all! GO BUFFS!

Currently CU is 2-0 against the North and ASU is 1-0 against the North, having beat Cal. All the other South teams are 0-1 vs. North teams. Looking at the remaining schedule of South vs. North games, CU is in a great position to go 3-1 against that division (lose to Stanford, beat WSU). I would project ASU, Utah, and USC each to go 2-2 against the North, and Arizona and UCLA to go 1-3, though maybe UCLA goes 2-2 if they can beat WSU in Pullman. I have it down as a projected loss for now though. This sets up well for CU in trying to win the South division.

As already mentioned, each team plays 4 North games, 2 home and 2 away. Here's a snapshot of the schedule showing games already played and upcoming games, and my projection for wins and losses:

upload_2016-10-4_7-50-17.png

No, I'm just a Buff fan from the last decade.

I've seen mNC seasons and Heisman runs in the early 90s. Back when we were high as a kite after EVERY game and ranked in the pre season EVERY year. I've lost track of how many times I saw coke on a hookers ass. After crashing and watching it all burned to the ground I've learned to temper things and take it way day at a time. The pieces sure look like are there for a repeat of that era. But we gotta keep our assistants. Namely Leavitt.

...got to keep Leavitt! Increase his pay, make him honorary mayor of Niwot, give him unlimited pepsi, do whatever it takes...

Back