What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who Surprises / Disappoints?

I expect Mac to coach us to 7-5, Leavitt to lead us to the best defense in the pac.

I'm OK with the play it safe mentality in the return game if we know the offense is going to fall out of bed and put up 30 points against good competition. Since that's not the case with this offense (unless they truly surprise), I believe they really need to work with a reliable return man that can be a legit scoring threat and/or at least give them good field position.

Surprise Offense: Devin Ross... I think has the chance to be our leading receiver in terms of receptions. Both underneath and over the top threat that finally has his year.
Surprise Defense: ILB corps... I really think an area of extreme weakness a year ago is going to prove to be a strength with Gillam healthy and bigger, Olugbode another year in the program, Drew Lewis joining the mix, and oh yeah... our leading tackler from last year Rick Gamboa providing good depth.

Talking about Disappointments in the preseason is lame.[/QUOTE]
THIS! Oh, and agree with you on your surprises. I'd add Keeney in there as a surprise at TE, too.
Good calls, even if they're obvious!

Last edited:
Offense Surprise: Sefo takes a leap behind a good OL and leads the team to 4 conference wins.

Offense Disappointment: TEs are under utilized again by offensive brainiac Lindgren.

Defense Surprise: Gillam stays healthy. And he makes 1st team all PAC.

Defense Disappointment: OLBs combine for only 20 sacks :)

ST Surprise: Mac opens things up and we lead the conference in return yards.

ST Disappointment: We continue to not hit kickoffs into the end zone.
Be fair, if TE disappoints it falls on the co-OCs or Sefo's continuing failure to pick them out on his check downs.

Y'all are taking your football mighty seriously. Not a single "your mom" on this thread. Not sure if I'm suprised or disappointed.

I call shenanigans! How the hell is there anyone left for me to disappoint? There's no way the expectations for me are anywhere above rock bottom!
I never said that you would surprise by disappointing.

What are the surprise - disappoint rules? Can you do both?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm disappointing in all you ****ers who are expecting to be disappointing- the Kool-aid is flowing, grab a glass.

WE'RE GONNA WIN!

I'm gonna be surprised by how much we're going to win

In hindsight it looks like the pleasant surprises that I wasn't necessarily expecting were:

MM had his team very much ready to beatdown CSU.
Brian Lindgren had an awsesome scripted game-plan for the first several drives and good play calling throughout.
Sefo shook off the rust and had a good game.
Bobo stepped up when we needed him to.

The only disappointment to me was Gillam still does not look the same.

Defense -
Franke - Like his motor a lot
Drew Lewis
Laguda

Offense -
Julmisse - Prediction - This kid will make us glad he is a Buff over and over again
Montez
Bobo
Lee

Looking back my surprises on defense leave a little to be desired. Laguda has been solid but the other two somewhat quiet this year.

Surprise Offense: Sean Irwin - I think the addition of coach Chev will lead to Sean having a breakout year in terms of production.
Disappoint Offense: Adkins. He will get hurt again in non-conference and will rarely see the field.

Surprise Defense: Olugbode. Improved DL will allow him to fly around and not try and do too much.
Disappoint Defense: Spoon. I could see him struggling with consistency. I am very high on the rest of the DB's and DL and I think the LB's will take a big step forward. He's the only one I'm worried about right now.
I will eat my Spoon crow. You've been a rockstar this year.

And damn, I really thought we would use the tight end way more than we have.

I will eat my Spoon crow. You've been a rockstar this year.

And damn, I really thought we would use the tight end way more than we have.
Hopefully they get to the TE more going forward. Our offense will really go when they do. I hope we can get one in recruiting. It's a missing piece from taking the O from good to ****ing dangerous.

Hopefully they get to the TE more going forward. Our offense will really go when they do. I hope we can get one in recruiting. It's a missing piece from taking the O from good to ****ing dangerous.

Yep. Once CU forces defenses to worry about the seam and mid-range crossing routes from our TEs, there's no way to cheat anything when scheming us.

Surprise Offense: Devin Ross... I think has the chance to be our leading receiver in terms of receptions. Both underneath and over the top threat that finally has his year.
Surprise Defense: ILB corps... I really think an area of extreme weakness a year ago is going to prove to be a strength with Gillam healthy and bigger, Olugbode another year in the program, Drew Lewis joining the mix, and oh yeah... our leading tackler from last year Rick Gamboa providing good depth.

Talking about Disappointments in the preseason is lame.
I'll make sure not to get hurt patting myself on the back. Drew Lewis hasn't had the immediate impact I thought he would, but Gillam, Olugbode and Gamboa have exceeded expectations.

Only dealing with disappointments:

Disappoints Offense: Irwin - he's lost a step.

Disappoints Defense: Witherspoon - more an athlete than a football player.
Disappoints STs: Kickers. All of them.
Any changes in thinking here?
DAYUM! This thread is a GD laff-riot to review!

Last edited:
Offense Surprise: Sefo takes a leap behind a good OL and leads the team to 4 conference wins.

Offense Disappointment: TEs are under utilized again by offensive brainiac Lindgren.

Defense Surprise: Gillam stays healthy. And he makes 1st team all PAC.

Defense Disappointment: OLBs combine for only 20 sacks :)

ST Surprise: Mac opens things up and we lead the conference in return yards.

ST Disappointment: We continue to not hit kickoffs into the end zone.
Not too bad...50% or so?

Back