What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who will replace Urban Meyer?

Oh please let this begin a long period of crumbling UT football... please please please please please

muschampwelcome.gif

Meh he's fine as long as he's not talking about the Corn****ers...oh how's that weather in Nebraska by the way? It's nice and sunny here.

I bit windy, no snow. If the wind was out of the south the fires coming from Texas would warm things right up.

Who needs to go to shaggy, when shaggy will come here.

This is epic wonderfulness. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

The depressing thing is that if Mack does retire, they'll throw sick money at somebody and keep the train rolling. They have more money than just about any other school.

I realize UT will throw money at the next guy... but money doesn't always mean it will work out. There is a large chance of failure anytime there is a coaching shakup of this magnitude.

I realize UT will throw money at the next guy... but money doesn't always mean it will work out. There is a large chance of failure anytime there is a coaching shakup of this magnitude.

Mike Sherman saved his ass with the Tannehill switch and DeReuyter's improved D for another year or two (and should capitalize on UT's down turn on the recruiting trail), so despite the move to the Big Least and a BCS bid, Gary Patterson sitting up there in Fort Worth has UT or ATM written all over it.

Last edited:
It was epic to watch this unfold on the regular TV news last night. They were in complete SHOCK. So much so that they could only legitimately fill 2-3 minutes of the 30 minutes of air time withthe story even though it was the "TOP STORY" on the ABC affiliate at least.

No reporting about Applewhite though. I'm sure that the news will be expanded to one hour on all stations tonight, or there will be a special Longhorn segment after the 10 o'clock news that goes into detail by detail of what happened to their precious Boom that caused him to leave.

Heh, heh. This is great, should be interesting to listen to Chipper tomorrow.

I was hoping the Florida hire would cause some ripples, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought it would cause the Whorns to go into meltdown mode. Perfect hire by the Gators!!!

And now Oklahoma will step in and put there recruiting foot on Texas' throat and Stoops & Co. will OWN the "new" Big 12 for the next 4 years.

The Longhorns are fooling themselves that their **** don't stink so they should go Independent, but maybe they'll still be foolish enough to try that move too.

Great move from Florida to take away Muschamp, now if only Miami hires Pelini, this year of "off-the-field" moves would be perfect!

Not like UT doesn't have options. Randy shannon is available and would be an amazing hire at DC. And of course, tons of OC's are out there as well. They are just being pussies.

A huge part of their next hire at OC/DC is about Mack mentoring someone to take over the program. Not sure when he's going to retire, but I think he believes part of his legacy is tied to what will happen after he's gone as well given that UT is a powerhouse. Shannon is a good DC, but would never be given the option to be the head coach at UT.

Edit: Also, since many think Mack will become the AD he wants to groom the successor as best as possible.

A huge part of their next hire at OC/DC is about Mack mentoring someone to take over the program. Not sure when he's going to retire, but I think he believes part of his legacy is tied to what will happen after he's gone as well given that UT is a powerhouse. Shannon is a good DC, but would never be given the option to be the head coach at UT.

Edit: Also, since many think Mack will become the AD he wants to groom the successor as best as possible.

Has Applewhite written all over it, no?

my bet is Gary Patterson.

Would be interesting if UT did that!

I don't think the would take a DC/Head-Coach-in-Waiting job though, even for 1 season.

He makes really good money at TCU, so Texas' would have to move Mack into the AD job now for that to work I'm thinking.

I'd bet Mack Brown stays as HC for 1-2 years and wants his "apprentice" there to take over.

Back