1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHOA ... an NCAA projection for CU WBB

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by BeBe, Jan 9, 2012.

1. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

First I have to say I believe it is WAY too early for this kind of projection but they are done so people are going to look at them.

I'm not sure what math the creators of this are using but it's an early NCAA projection that shows Lappe's team in the big dance this season as an 8 seed. One of 4 PAC-12 teams. Stanford as a 1, ASU as a 9, and Cal as an 11 are the other three.

IMO, the ladies still have a bunch to prove before this could be a real possibility and this weeks games will be the next big step. Winning 2 of the past 3 road games was the first step. But hey, good to see some love coming their way.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/womans-basketball/bracketology

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Just saw the MBB thread started by GoBuffs at the same time I was starting this one. If both BB teams made the dance this year?!?!?!?!?!?!????? HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goose likes this.
  3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I think the women have a much better chance than the men of making the dance.

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The men have the ****tiness of the Pac-12 this year in their favor. If they get hot, a high regular season finish or a tourney run are totally possible.

5. TZISKIN

TZISKIN Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that doesn't really help us. We'd need to win the conference to get in most likely.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This.

It's really not much of a stretch to see the men's team winning 22 games before the Pac 12 tournament. That's going 11-5 the rest of the season. Are there five games on the schedule that are absolute no-hopers? None that I can see. In fact, only games at UA, UO, UCLA, Cal and Stanford are the toughest games left. Would winning 1-2 of those games be a total shock, given what the rest of the conference has done lately? I don't see

7. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Let's see how we play at Cal before we get to talking about 22 wins.

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Given that our team wilted in the infamously intimidating confines of Moby arena, I will believe it when I see it.

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I hear you both. But we don't need to win at Cal to get to 22 wins, and our FT shooting has improved a whole lot since the meltdown in Ft. Fun. Remember, the Pac 12 stinks on ice. That's the basis of my optimism. We might look pretty damn good standing next to 11 dog-faced gremlins.

10. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The PAC-12 is bad, but let's look at the KenPom rankings:

19.) Cal
    39.) Stanford
    42.) Arizona
    62.) UCLA
    65.) Oregon State
    73.) Wyoming
    75.) Washington
    97.) Colorado State
    100.) Colorado
    113.) Oregon
    116.) Washington State
    145.) USC
    164.) Arizona State
    322.) Utah

We lost to two teams that would be middle of the PAC-12 at best. While the PAC-12 is down, it's still not to the level of the Sun Belt.

11. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

As far as the women go, I think they have a lot of work and improving to do before going to the Dance. If this seeding happens, they get totally embarrassed by Notre Dame IF they get past the first round.

This I will see them play in the Final Four? :popcorn: