What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who's putting butts in seats this spring?

I don't get where this "nasty weather" whining is coming from....I checked 5 weather sites and all say in the mid to upper 60's with a 20-30% chance of afternoon showers....other than 9 news which is always off IMO it will be a beautiful day in Boulder

SO STOP THE EXCUSES!

I don't get where this "nasty weather" whining is coming from....I checked 5 weather sites and all say in the mid to upper 60's with a 20-30% chance of afternoon showers....other than 9 news which is always off IMO it will be a beautiful day in Boulder

SO STOP THE EXCUSES!

A couple things, Ralph:

1. I saw a forecast of 50 degrees and rain yesterday. That is not pleasant weather to be outside in. We'll see how things look later in the week.

2. My kids are ages 2 and 5. Ever spend much time around a 2 and 5 year old when they aren't happy? Not fun.

3. My wife is not a football fan. Ever spend much time around a wife when she is not happy? Not fun.

In summary, worry about yourself and I'll worry about my family.

Thanks.

EDIT: Your profile says you are 25. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you have neither a wife nor children. When you get one or the other (or both), you will realize that the decisions you make are just as much for them (if not moreso) as they are for you.

Last edited:
Are you bringing your daughter regardless of the weather? Because I'm not bringing my boys if it's cold, rainy and ****ty. And I can guarantee my wife isn't going if the weather is nasty.

weather will be fine, and we are all going rain or shine. I took my family fishing in South park in 30 degrees and wind.

Good for you. For someone who gets all butt hurt when people say things you don't like, you sure don't mind calling others out.

I'm just saying...

Weather is not gona be that much of an issue. We're not talking snow, we're talking scattered showers and 50. Thats perfect weather.

Weather is not gona be that much of an issue. We're not talking snow, we're talking scattered showers and 50. Thats perfect weather.

Perfect weather in Seattle.

And yes, I'll be there no matter the weather, but I may not be as gung ho on hosting a tailgate.

I've said from day one that biggest factor in people going to the spring game is weather. If it's cool and raining the crowd is going to be dismal. I have some friends that are not really CU fans but would probably go if it were like the weather this week. They will most likely not be going if the weather is cool with rain, especially when there's a Nuggs playoff game they could be watching from the comfort of their couch. These are the type of fans that we are trying to reel in, but they are also the type that don't want to be outside freezing for a meaningless game.

If it's sunny and in the 60s we will have close to 20,000 people out for the game. If it's low 50s and raining that number will be cut more than in half.

I've said from day one that biggest factor in people going to the spring game is weather. If it's cool and raining the crowd is going to be dismal. I have some friends that are not really CU fans but would probably go if it were like the weather this week. They will most likely not be going if the weather is cool with rain, especially when there's a Nuggs playoff game they could be watching from the comfort of their couch. These are the type of fans that we are trying to reel in, but they are also the type that don't want to be outside freezing for a meaningless game.

If it's sunny and in the 60s we will have close to 20,000 people out for the game. If it's low 50s and raining that number will be cut more than in half.

I agree with you 100%, and that is one reason I am so harsh on fair weather fans. I guess it's just the way I was raised. I have never left a football game early, even in blowouts, I have sat through games like the '90 and '91 fusker games and the '96 KSU game. I just wish we had more loyal fans. It's an issue I have been bitter about for a long time.

I agree with you 100%, and that is one reason I am so harsh on fair weather fans. I guess it's just the way I was raised. I have never left a football game early, even in blowouts, I have sat through games like the '90 and '91 fusker games and the '96 KSU game. I just wish we had more loyal fans. It's an issue I have been bitter about for a long time.

The difference is that this is a scrimmage, not a real game.

I've never left a real game early due to weather, nor have I skipped a real game due to weather. But this isn't a real game.

The difference is that this is a scrimmage, not a real game.

I've never left a real game early due to weather, nor have I skipped a real game due to weather. But this isn't a real game.

It wouldn't seem that way in other schools. Alabama and Nebraska. Hell Nebraska charges and they still sell out. Nebraska even puts it on their schedule. I just wish we could have more die hards. I'm not calling you out, I understand the kids and wife and everything. Leave them at home if you can and round up some buddies in their place.

I sometimes forget it's easier for me because of my families passion for CU football (And I'm not saying yours isn't). My little girl cries when I tell her she can't go see the buffaloes because she wont take a nap. Thats why it's easier for me. I would love to see more passion out of some fans.

A couple things, Ralph:

1. I saw a forecast of 50 degrees and rain yesterday. That is not pleasant weather to be outside in. We'll see how things look later in the week.

2. My kids are ages 2 and 5. Ever spend much time around a 2 and 5 year old when they aren't happy? Not fun.

3. My wife is not a football fan. Ever spend much time around a wife when she is not happy? Not fun.

In summary, worry about yourself and I'll worry about my family.

Thanks.

EDIT: Your profile says you are 25. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you have neither a wife nor children. When you get one or the other (or both), you will realize that the decisions you make are just as much for them (if not moreso) as they are for you.

Looks like you failed at raising your kids to be loyal Buff fans:smile2: FWIW I heard umbrellas work pretty well

Not going to make it. :sad1:

Starting a business is a 7 day a week job.

It will be worth it in the long run when I can make it to the 2010 spring game. :smile2:

That is so exciting for you two though. I am very envious.

The mental ups and downs are hilarious. My thoughts in the morning set the tone for my day. It is either "holy ****, what am I getting myself into" or "**** yeah, let's do it." I'm on the latter tone right now. I find I get more done on this tone.

Unfortunately other things (like the spring game since I am on this thread) do fall by the wayside.

My future plan to make up for this oversight is to buy 4 season tixs in the future so I can give two of those tix to patients/business partners/all others who have helped us get to where we are today.

The mental ups and downs are hilarious. My thoughts in the morning set the tone for my day. It is either "holy ****, what am I getting myself into" or "**** yeah, let's do it." I'm on the latter tone right now. I find I get more done on this tone.

Unfortunately other things (like the spring game since I am on this thread) do fall by the wayside.

My future plan to make up for this oversight is to buy 4 season tixs in the future so I can give two of those tix to patients/business partners/all others who have helped us get to where we are today.

ahhhhh kickbacks and bribes.... the American business way.....:smile2:

ahhhhh kickbacks and bribes.... the American business way.....:smile2:

:lol:

I don't feel right ignoring Stark and all the anti-kickback statutes that are currently in existence so the people who are getting these tix won't be referral sources. I'm more thinking patients, accountants, lawyers....those people.

Speaking of anti-kickbacks, I'm absolutely amazed at how many federal laws that have arisen since 2000 when I last researched these laws.

:lol:

I don't feel right ignoring Stark and all the anti-kickback statutes that are currently in existence so the people who are getting these tix won't be referral sources. I'm more thinking patients, accountants, lawyers....those people.

Speaking of anti-kickbacks, I'm absolutely amazed at how many federal laws that have arisen since 2000 when I last researched these laws.

Speaking of Stark, it is amazing to me how much damage partisan politics has done to everything, especially healthcare in this country.

Having said that, I will ALWAYS put my patient's interests first.

If that means that 'Buff fans fill the stadium while lammies or fuskers sit at home on the couch, then fine.

'Buffs win, all is good.

FIGHT CU DOWN THE FIELD....

Having said that, I will ALWAYS put my patient's interests first.

If that means that 'Buff fans fill the stadium while lammies or fuskers sit at home on the couch, then fine.

'Buffs win, all is good.

FIGHT CU DOWN THE FIELD....

lol..... I like the sucking up and brown nosing to the Buff partner..... not that I would know anything about that.......:lol:

BTW, I would be going, but I'm heading to Flagstaff on Friday with the family for a late Spring trip. Grand Canyon FTW!

Am I the only one making this connection?

[video=youtube;33HUjLT5zVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33HUjLT5zVU[/video]

Back