What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why Dave Logan haters are stupid

On the subject of excellent coaching hair, Dave is going to need to have a new toupée. Maybe find one where the bangs match the rest of the hair.

juba3emu.jpg

I'm not so sure everyone on this board really hates Dave. It's just that most everyone on this board knows that Dave Logan doesn't yet have what it takes to be a HC in Div I football.

I don't think anyone is saying that Logan is a bad coach. His record speaks for itself. The dude can coach. He also seems to understand the game at a level above most HS coaches.

I actually believe he could have been a very good college coach if that had been his career aspiration. But he never took a college staff job. He's now in his mid fifties, has all of those outside obligations and business interests, and his career arc simply has not positioned him to be what he could have been as a college coach if he'd committed to that path.

Frankly, it would be a national joke if someone hired Logan to coach a college football program above the 1-AA level. He's not even qualified to be an OC at a program like CU.

I do NOT think that high level HS coach is that markedly different from running a BCS program.

I can totally see where you're coming from on this point. I mean, there are so many successful coaches that made the jump directly from High School to the BCS that it's impossible NOT to make the connection, right?

I don't think anyone is saying that Logan is a bad coach.

I am. Seriously, the guy is not that good. I've seen him coach up close. He does nothing all game long except chirp at the officials and bitch at his assistants. He gets kids to come to his school based on his name alone. His assistants handle the vast majority of the game planning. He attracts the talent, they coach up the kids, he chirps.

Seriously. He's not that good. You'll have to take my word for this. At the high school level, you can win on talent alone. Especially in a place like Colorado, and particularly at places like Mullen and Cherry Creek.

Back